Bug list 2 for iOS version 1.0.46

Talk about anything related to the iOS version of Legend of Grimrock 1.
Mr_fantastic

Bug list 2 for iOS version 1.0.46

Post by Mr_fantastic »

Hello my friendly Grimrock dwelling adventurers!

The first patch for grimrock is now live bringing it to version 1.0.46, the new patch fixes quite a few bugs reported in my last bug list guide, I am hoping grimrock is now running bug free but just in case I have made a new post to highlight any bugs new or still in grimrock iOS version.

As before I will list any bugs found by you the community as well as ones i find myself, as before i will give credit to those who find them (namely you guys.), please report any bugs you find in this forum.

IMPORTANT, It Would seem some people are having trouble with old saves of grimrock you may/should start a new game it seems when you make a dungeon it saves the state meaning old bugs will persist unless you make a new game - credit goes to Dr.Disaster
Last edited by Mr_fantastic on Fri May 22, 2015 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
gZa

Re: Bug list 2 for iOS version 1.0.46

Post by gZa »

Hi,

Just updated the app as I had an issue with an indestructible Wyvern in the Ancient Chambers, I must have dealt it about 5000HP to no avail! :evil:

Finally popped back up there and killed it with one swing! He dropped 16 of my arrows! :lol:

I do still have the glitch mentioned earlier though, namely...
paulus wrote:in the room i saw a poison cloud, which was strange cause i killed the enemies in that room some time ago and the cloud didn't hurt me.
kinda hard to make out, but in this picture i'm standing on top of the cloud.
and now the strange thing, by tapping the cloud it vanishes and a sword appears in the player hand.
in the inventory the sword has no description at all,
it is equipable but i can't use it, perhaps my sword skill is too low.
i can put the sword back on the ground and the cloud reappears or i can throw the sword and an enemy poison cloud which actually hurts my party appears.
I've got lots of these clouds/swords lying all over the place. Otherwise all good.

Can I just say I'm not much of a gamer these days but this has pulled me right back in, been an absolute pleasure so far! Dungeon Master on the Atari ST was my first gaming love and this is a magnificent tribute and then some, plus is fits the iPad like a glove. Excellent work! :mrgreen:
Mr_fantastic

Post by Mr_fantastic »

Perhaps the bug is there because ur using a save from the previous version?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Mr_fantastic wrote:Perhaps the bug is there because ur using a save from the previous version?
Aye such staying "glitches" are stored inside the save game which represents the state of the entire dungeon. This means any presents will stay regardless of game version in use plus even new ones that might occure. The only way to make sure those glitches are gone and do not reappear is to start a new game after updating the game and replay to at least the previously glitched areas.
gZa

Post by gZa »

After running up and down the levels a bit, the clouds/swords things have disappeared somewhat.
Justinj2004

Post by Justinj2004 »

Still does not save the lithtnng bolt icon after casting it
Mutman

Post by Mutman »

Whenever i try to cast frost arrow, in the rune box is shown icon of poison arrow
Runebooks: http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/13/? for Legend of Grimrock 2
Runebooks and books: http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/217/ for Legend of Grimrock 1
El Moco Loco

Post by El Moco Loco »

When in Toorum mode, using the Tome of Fire only gives +10 to Fire Resistance, not +3 Fire skill. I am not aware if this happens in party mode.

When creating a party with custom names, the names revert to "New Player" whenever you click on a different icon and then back to the "named" icon. The name also reverts when starting the dungeon, so any custom name will end up as "New Player". This does not happen when starting Toorum mode.
Calibur77

Post by Calibur77 »

In regards to the "seeker of secrets" achievement I've located the secret that does not register on the statistics screen or notifies you that you found a secret. The problem is located on level 5 with finding the Brace of Fortitude, in the platform puzzle room.

I hope this helps.
Portpom

Post by Portpom »

I have a bug in which I am unable to pick up anything. Unfortunately it also applies to keys. I am in the Vault on Level 8 in the Herders Den, but also had it on Level 8 in the bits with the two ogres (bottom right of map screen).

I have just downloaded the latest update and can now pick up keys.