dugeon editor ipad

Talk about anything related to the iOS version of Legend of Grimrock 1.
kypran

dugeon editor ipad

Post by kypran »

Hi Petri
Is what we will ever play with dungeons created by the editor
I would play with the dungeon ' Back to the dungeon
:roll: ;)
Isaac

Re: dugeon editor ipad

Post by Isaac »

I'd like to see built in Icloud or dropbox support for uploading mods to the ipad. 8-)
petri

Post by petri »

Unfortunately it's not going to happen :/ The iPad version is not compatible with the PC version. For example, assets are in different formats. There are also issues with Apple not allowing executing downloaded code on the iOS. I don't know how some apps have worked aroud this issue. The only way this could work would be to created a new dungeon editor for the iOS version, but this would be several months of work.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

This is probably more effort than it's worth (from a business perspective - it would be really cool for gamers to have additional content to play and it would encourage longer engagement from players who would then be more likely to join your community), but...

You could talk with the people who have made mods for LOG1, convert the textures in them to KTX etc and then add them (one per month) as "Free In-App Purchases" (assuming the app-store allows that), meaning that you official bundle the scripts with your purchases (getting around 3.3.2 in the App Store Terms). The mod-creators would surely be happy to do the actual grunt work of converting textures etc.

But yeah, I totally understand from Almost Human's perspective that this is going to take time (and therefore have a cost) and would probably have a poor ROI on the time taken. And, in your position, I would probably be more excited by the idea of making another awesome game than doing this!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
AEWHistory

Post by AEWHistory »

I realize that this s a tad late to the conversation, but I figured if I could contribute something pertinent then why not. Anyway, as to the issue of mods, there are games that can support mods, but support for this needs to be programmed into the game. For instance, the game “Pike and Shot” or “Battle Academy” both have had scenario building support. You need the Windows version to build the scenario, that cannot be done on the iPad, but then you can make the files available for iPad users to DL.

As an aside, both games are no longer compatible with the current iOS. They’re both 32-bit games and have now fallen by the wayside when Apple, in their infinite wisdom, chose to screw over millions of their customers by rendering large portions of their purchased software obsolete. But I’m not bitter..... :evil:

Anyway, my point being that you can still find these games if you have an older iPad with 32-bit support, but otherwise they don’t appear in the App Store. Unfortunately, Matrix Games and their associates have no plans to recode their 32-bit games to 64-bits..... and I can understand why.

Don’t know if this info. is useful, but I wanted to put it out there. Best wishes!