Poll: Who is currently creating a Mod?

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!

I am currently creating a mod

Poll ended at Thu May 07, 2015 7:24 pm

I do!
83%
I don't. (second option must be available in polls...)
17%

Total votes: 12

THOM

Poll: Who is currently creating a Mod?

Post by THOM » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:24 pm

From reading another thread I came to the idea to ask, who is currently preparing a mod.

From the answers we would know, how many mods we can expect and also who is working on one.
Maybe we can give a comment, what exactly we have in mind and how long we expect to get finished.

Maybe some extradetails could be mentioned like "using standard assets", "creating new stuff", "adding new magic/classes/gamemechanics..."
THOM formaly known as tschrage

THOM

Re: Poll: Who is currently creating a Mod?

Post by THOM » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:32 pm

I'm working on a mod with mainly 15 levels.

I am using standard mechanics (I am not a friend of mods which makes you to forget everything of the LoG-World and learn from new on). But I am creating new items, decorations and some additional interactive moments... Apart from this I am using the standard assets and some creations of modders from this forum.

Therefore I have a full packed diary I expect, that I will finish this in fall or end of the year...

EnochDagor

Post by EnochDagor » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:56 pm

I am currently storyboarding my next mod. Considering where the story begins, ends, etc.. main opponents, key features, etc...

I am trying to hold off development on it until I get more feedback from the mod I just released.

If development time from the previous mod to release is an indication (Mar 23 - Apr 15)... once development begins and depending on asset creation timing and how busy I am with other pursuits, probably 45 days or so. I am getting close to finalizing the ideas, so probably mid-June?

-E

Azel

Post by Azel » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:33 pm

Mine is fairly obvious from the Mystrock thread. I am probably another month away from release since I am enjoying adding new areas and assets. While I am not creating any new assets myself, I am using those that have been freely distributed via this forum and Nexus Mods. New spells, breakable walls, the Asian Tileset from Phitt, Urban Town assets, and a few other minor additions.

I really wish I was able to use the Cube Boss from Grimrock 1. Since he is made entirely of Gears he would be a wonderful addition to the Mechanical Age in Mystrock. Hopefully someone will port it over some time. I can always update the Mod later should that happen.

Other than that, I am trying to focus more heavily on a good gaming experience and game design as opposed to LUA-braggery and over-customization.

Komag

Post by Komag » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:26 pm

THOM wrote:I'm working on a mod with mainly 15 levels... I expect, that I will finish this in fall or end of the year...
I like to hear that it will take a long time to make a 15 level mod. That means QUALITY, so very rare in mods. Keep at it, I look forward to the polished end product.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play

THOM

Post by THOM » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:38 pm

Komag wrote:
I like to hear that it will take a long time to make a 15 level mod. That means QUALITY, so very rare in mods. Keep at it, I look forward to the polished end product.
Thanks. I'm trying to work properly. Also I take care of moods and atmospheres and I am attempting to erase all ugly incidents...

Also I have to learn a lot. When times arrives I will upload a demo for betatesting.

EnochDagor

Post by EnochDagor » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:12 pm

My mods use the standard assets mostly or assets downloadable from nexus and such.

Hey Azel, I've never tried it but can you use Grimrock 1 assets in Grimrock 2 mods? You may be able to download the asset pack for LoG1 and get the cube, textures, animations and materials and such out of it. The lua for it might not be terribly difficult. The brain may even be lua scripted out anyway in the asset pack. Be sure to read the EULA regarding assets before you do it though. :)

-E

Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:32 am

I want to make another soon, but I just need to find the time. I'd like to make it adventure heavy, but with a stronger RPG element... I should probably get started. :)

I'm glad others are still making mods. This is a good community that entices people to keep making mods and that is nice to see.
Good luck with all the new mod creation that's happening! I look forward to playing them.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762

minmay

Post by minmay » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:43 am

EnochDagor wrote:My mods use the standard assets mostly or assets downloadable from nexus and such.

Hey Azel, I've never tried it but can you use Grimrock 1 assets in Grimrock 2 mods? You may be able to download the asset pack for LoG1 and get the cube, textures, animations and materials and such out of it. The lua for it might not be terribly difficult. The brain may even be lua scripted out anyway in the asset pack. Be sure to read the EULA regarding assets before you do it though. :)

-E
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8251
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.

Azel

Post by Azel » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:03 am

Yeah I tried and failed miserably to bring the Cube over to LoG 2. I had him animated in the center of my "Myst Island" but his textures were off so I scrapped the attempt. I know a little more now than I did back then so maybe I will give it another shot :shock: