It's a ctrap! (v1.4)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Granamir

Re: It's a ctrap!

Post by Granamir »

minmay wrote:
Slayer82 wrote:Thank you.
SpoilerShow
I wasn't aware that the Breakable Walls scripts were used in the game.
for future reference, you can identify these breakable walls by the fact that the "hacked" normals on the original models are removed, so the lower part of the model is super dark
Yea, i thought that because of a so strong graphic difference between normal walls and breakable walls there waas no need for further "help" to find way out.

PS: Azel, u have nothing to be sorry for.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

After completing your mod I thought I'd review it so that you can hear some feedback from the community.

Completion Time: 7 hours.
Starting Party: Minotaur (Knight), Lizard (Farmer), Human (Rogue), and Insectoid (Battle Mage). New party on normal difficulty.
Ending:
SpoilerShow
Volcano Ending, with the airship.
I'll try the others soon.
Issues: - Crashed near the Forest Ogre (the Golem/Smigel ogre that speaks) when I attempted to save close to the monster. However, it only occurred once.
- Was able to walk through a wall that was displayed as a set of stairs on the map in the castle. This may be intentional, but I thought I'd inform you of it.

Review –
Personally, this is the kind of mod I enjoy playing. One that is an open world with numerous choices to decide the journey. Although it does funnel near the end, it is open to different play styles.
The scriptingwork throughout the mod was beautiful. All the dialogues by the characters, and non-playable characters, were interesting. Your sinking marshland tiles, as well as that hidden tile that you fall through near the western stream were very nice. I also liked the campfire and Trickster dialogues. Your coding for underwater weapons and monsters was great to see, and made the mod even more fun. The new spells were fun too!

Recommendations –
Language: As Italian is your first language, it would be beneficial to ask the community for help in writing the English dialogues. The banter between the characters isn’t important, but the clues were difficult to decipher due to the message being hard to understand.
Weapon/Items: Adding the Wizard’s Virge makes the game very easy, so perhaps give that to the player later on. I only used it for the Magma Golems, but it makes you overly powerful.
Also, the Poison Key that you use to fire into the receptor is limited, and if people extinguish all of the shots, then they would no longer be able to finish the mod. Perhaps make it infinite or add a crystal of recharging somewhere.
Mod: Make another! It was very fun.

Others may not agree with me, but I found your mod to be the best so far. There wasn’t anything boring or frustrating about it. I only wish it was longer.
If you have the time and patience, then I think you should make another. Excellent work! *9/10*
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

Thank you for all that feedback.
SpoilerShow
Unfortunatelly i created only 1 ending (originally i though about 2 but i was too tired to make other levels, and another ending video)
I'll check that save problem...do u have any error message from game?

Can u be more specific about that wall/stairs position in the castle (in truth it's a cathedral...or u mean in second map with castle tileset?, that i intended as private rooms/study), can't find it. Ty

Yea sorry for that funnel near the end, i was really tired, i thought that if I had not close the work soon i would not close at all, so i rushed a bit.

About language, if u have some suggestion i'll put them into next patch/update of game (if i can, due to some dialogues are cammeos too).
About that i'm looking for a cammeo/sentence about strength or using stregth (i have it intalian but in english version of that film it's not so characteristic).

I'll check if i can move virge on a later map.

About poison key i'll think about your suggestion, don't really know if make that modification i guess item description and name can be enought to warn player to not vaste charges...i'll think about it.

...i'm wondering how many cammeos did u find?
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

The castle with the various enemies and the 'Dum dum' puzzle (which by the way, is nicely scripted). There are a set of stairs on the map that aren't stairs, but an empty square with a wall you can walk through. I think they are west near the actual stairs that you use to ascend to the top floor - located about three square north of the actual stairs. It isn't a big deal, but I thought I'd inform you of it.

The funnel isn't bad. In fact, it prepares you for the finale. There's no need to change it. Add a boss fight if you feel that it needs to be climatic, but I thought it was good.

Hey, these are just minor suggestions. Leave the mod as it is if you are happy, I'm just voicing my subjective view. Personally, I loved the mod.

I knew some of them
SpoilerShow
Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and others that I can't remember
. The cameos were a nice touch, great mod overall!
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

Slayer82 wrote:The castle with the various enemies and the 'Dum dum' puzzle (which by the way, is nicely scripted). There are a set of stairs on the map that aren't stairs, but an empty square with a wall you can walk through. I think they are west near the actual stairs that you use to ascend to the top floor - located about three square north of the actual stairs. It isn't a big deal, but I thought I'd inform you of it.

The funnel isn't bad. In fact, it prepares you for the finale. There's no need to change it. Add a boss fight if you feel that it needs to be climatic, but I thought it was good.

Hey, these are just minor suggestions. Leave the mod as it is if you are happy, I'm just voicing my subjective view. Personally, I loved the mod.

I knew some of them
SpoilerShow
Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and others that I can't remember
. The cameos were a nice touch, great mod overall!
'Till now u'r the only one that gave me feedback, so your word worth gold.
I made some changes thanks to you, and i fixed that saving bug and that ghost wall bug.
Ty

Btw if u tell me which clues was hard to understand (and how can i make them better) i'll fix that too.
marten_1992

Re: It's a ctrap! (v1.4)

Post by marten_1992 »

I just discovered your mod amd must say it s really very interesting !
Unusual level design and definitely not easy to play !!!
The breath under water spell is a very nice idea :)
Reminds me of the beholder trilogy
Found one bug maybe : in the crypt when I try to take the pickaxe my game crashes
and after using the stone head teleport between grove and forest my game kept making that sound
you normally hear when you touch one of the stone heads, and it did not stop :shock:
reloading did not fix it, only passing through the stone heads again
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

Thank you.

Eye of beholder is my favourite dungeon type game.

Thx for telling me about bugs too.

Fixed pickaxe bug, but can't reproduce sound bug. All that i could make is to click several times nose of 1st head and after teleport that sound continue for a couple of seconds then end naturally. Can u be more specific? What did u do to make that bug? How long that sound continues? Does it continue even if u change level (for example going down in catacombs)?
TY
Last edited by Granamir on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Granamir wrote:I'll upload this mod asap on steam and nexusmods too.
Not satisfied enough yet to put it on Steam?
Granamir

Post by Granamir »

I'd like to put it on steam but my steam account is new (i made it just to upload this mod), unfortunatelly workshop policy need me to spend at least 5$ (or €, don't remember) to be able to use my account for uploading, adding friends, and so on. ...at the moment i don't have anything to buy and ofcourse i'm not wasting 5$ just to upload this mod.
...i'm very disappointed with this policy...
LeftIsTheRightTurn

Post by LeftIsTheRightTurn »

1] What do you mean by cameos? Like that of
SpoilerShow
Wilson from "Cast Away" at the Trickster's fire camp in Boat Greveyard
?

2] Are they any crystals? My party has injure body parts and I can't heal them up

3] There is an issue with the ocean in Boat Greveyard: sometimes after coming out of the water, the water disappears [giving a clear view of the ocean's floor]

4] Are the Zarchton Harpoon suppose to be aquired by
SpoilerShow
falling down on the heads of those two Harpoon holders in the Groove's canal [and by doing so, killing them, ergo, having spoils of war in a kinf of a cheated way?