Isle of Dagor

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
EnochDagor

Isle of Dagor

Post by EnochDagor »

Just wanted to advertise my scenario posted on Steam.

Please give it a try and let me know whatcha think! :)

The scenario is called Isle of Dagor.

Lots of puzzles, maps, monsters, etc... Give it a try and be sure to pay attention to everything.

Here's the Steam snippet:

You have crash landed on an island. The island was uncharted. The captain of the ship tried to correct his course but it was like the island had dragged your ship in the rocky shores.

You can hear chants and drum beats in the distance. Smoke rises from the hills beyond.

The island wanted you here. You have a purpose to be here but what that purpose is, you have to discover for yourself.

---

Isle of Dagor is a story-based adventure. Play it with new characters. It is assumed that you have knowledge from the main campaign (certain spells, how a button works, etc...).

Difficulty: Medium - some areas can be very tough if you push yourself too hard - if you run into a hard area, find another way in - some areas may be too easy for veterans.

Alternative game modes: Up to you, all are ok with this content pack

Use new characters - otherwise you may be somewhat bored in areas that are intended to give new characters experience to prepare them for later areas.

---

This is a complete scenario with many puzzles, maps, bad guys, secrets and more! Please enjoy and post feedback, issues, bugs, etc...
Slayer82

Re: Isle of Dagor

Post by Slayer82 »

Seems interesting.

Perhaps you should add a link or upload it to Nexus Mods so that people can find it more easily. I had to do a bit of searching to find it. Not a big deal, but a link is better.
I have the GOG version of Grimrock 2, so I rarely look on Steam for the mods. I'd like to give it a try if you want to add it to Nexus Mods. :)
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

definitely provide some kind of link please
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
EnochDagor

Post by EnochDagor »

Azel

Post by Azel »

Saw this on steam recently but haven't tried it will. Will give it a shot this evening :-)
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

EnochDagor wrote: The island wanted you here. You have a purpose to be here but what that purpose is, you have to discover for yourself.
I feel like playing "Lost" :mrgreen:

gonna try it in a while ;)
Azel

Post by Azel »

I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by this Mod, EnochDagor. I am on the third Round Key section and I must say that this is a great approach to game design. Even though the setting is similar to other Mods (stranded on a beach); the actual experience is very well implemented. There is a professional feel to the games design; it actually has an addictive feel. Much praises so far :mrgreen:
EnochDagor

Post by EnochDagor »

Thanks Azel! I was very hesitant to do the shipwrecked theme because of how much play it has gotten. It just fit this storyline too well to pass it up. My next mod is not going to be a shipwreck or an island. ;)

And to leewroy - just a happy smirk.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Not a bad mod.
I like the Earthquake effect too.

I was wondering if there is a particular pattern, or even a clue to how to solve the four levers that are around the door with the waiting crowern? I'm sure I'll eventually figure it out, but I was wondering if I missed a clue as to what I have to do.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
EnochDagor

Post by EnochDagor »

Here ya go, a brief hint...
SpoilerShow
This is probably one of the harder clues to notice and because of that the puzzle itself is greatly simplified (there are only 16 possible answers, so even if you have to guess, it is not ridiculously tedious). The clues are within the descriptions of the two statues nearby.
Here are the additional hints from the hint guide I'm writing. Hint #3 is an 'answer' hint so...

Hint 1:
SpoilerShow
Aurelius and Enoch are deities on this island. Based on their descriptions they are opposites of each other.
Hint 2:
SpoilerShow
The switches on one side should be the same as each other. The switches on the other side should be the same as each other. Aurelius is the God of Change. Enoch is the God of Stability.
Hint 3:
SpoilerShow
The northern two switches should be down. The southern two switches should be up.