Isle of Dagor

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
MarcoScherer

Re: Isle of Dagor

Post by MarcoScherer »

I already obtained a red gem, nice gameplay so far. Just couldn't figure out how to open the gate in the very first dungeon (at the beach). A note says "I found some ropes ending on your side, so the switch must be there". I searched everything twice. Found two switches: one opens a secret passage to stairs. The other one just does nothing. How can I open that gate?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

MarcoScherer wrote:I already obtained a red gem, nice gameplay so far. Just couldn't figure out how to open the gate in the very first dungeon (at the beach). A note says "I found some ropes ending on your side, so the switch must be there". I searched everything twice. Found two switches: one opens a secret passage to stairs. The other one just does nothing. How can I open that gate?
AFAIR that other switch opens a timed wall.
MarcoScherer

Post by MarcoScherer »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Modraneth wrote:yah i know but i activate the priest switch (the switch on the Mall of Enoch) at mid day and dont work nothing happens...
Works perfect for me.
SpoilerShow
Perhaps waiting a bit might help you in seeing what happend. It's awfully bright at noon you know ;)
I'm playing Grimrock with LOW rendering and details to save processor power. In those LOW graphic modes you won't see these hints!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

MarcoScherer wrote:I'm playing Grimrock with LOW rendering and details to save processor power. In those LOW graphic modes you won't see these hints!
What are you running the game on that it can't handle regular render mode?

btw: low rendering eases things for the GPU but the CPU load stays the same.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zimberzimber

Post by zimberzimber »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
MarcoScherer wrote:I'm playing Grimrock with LOW rendering and details to save processor power. In those LOW graphic modes you won't see these hints!
What are you running the game on that it can't handle regular render mode?
You'd be surprised by the toasters that run this game. Mine included.
My asset pack [v1.10]
Features a bit of everything! :D
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

zimberzimber wrote:You'd be surprised by the toasters that run this game. Mine included.
Oh my 14 year old waffle iron does fine after an oil change ;)

14yo AGP P4HT now houses a PCIe x1 GeForce GT 710 @ 1280x1024 (everything on high).
This GPU is still about 20% below minimum requirement but it's all the mainboard can feed.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zimberzimber

Post by zimberzimber »

Thats because you don't have a faulty GPU that fucks with your computer, forcing it to constantly switch from battery to AC and back (Even though its being charged at that very moment), and you can't do anything about it because its a laptop ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides - If you're making a mod/game, *always* make sure everyone can see the things that must be seen, regardless of their graphic specs.
My asset pack [v1.10]
Features a bit of everything! :D
minmay

Post by minmay »

Dr.Disaster wrote:btw: low rendering eases things for the GPU but the CPU load stays the same.
This is not true.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
MarcoScherer

Post by MarcoScherer »

Want to add that you cannot see the hints for the 25 pressure plates in the high priest levels when playing with LOW RENDERING.
MarcoScherer

Post by MarcoScherer »

A comment on the Dark Wood platform puzzle: For me the necessary steps to take are not linked to the rebel symbol very much. Even after reading the hints on the Steam forum (which exact steps to take) it still doesn't make sense. This riddle should be made easier.

Apart from that - Isle of Dagor is a very cool mod with nice new spells, lots of fights and riddles. More like this please!