The Mountain

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
RMariano

Re: The Mountain

Post by RMariano »

I did and it put me in the temple..... listened to the three heads.... went SW on the river and ... dead end.[/quote]
You're prolly doing something wrong then. When i step into that teleporter it does not send me straight to the temple.[/quote]

You're right.... it sent me to a spot where there was a button and a Xporter... the branch was on the pressure plate and I stepped into that one and it sent me to the temple. :shock:
Regards,

RMariano
Azel

Post by Azel »

Sounds like we need a full Walkthrough here!
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

Azel wrote:Sounds like we need a full Walkthrough here!
Agreed!
Regards,

RMariano
TheLastOrder

Post by TheLastOrder »

:shock:

Okey, i'll do it.

Tho, five different testers went through it with no problems. I reviewed the hole puzzle and scripting (it's actually done with basic connectors, mostly) and there's no way you can't stuck... so I'm gonna do the walkthrough :mrgreen:
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

Thank you.... :)
Regards,

RMariano
Azel

Post by Azel »

TheLastOrder wrote:Tho, five different testers went through it with no problems. I reviewed the hole puzzle and scripting (it's actually done with basic connectors, mostly) and there's no way you can't stuck... so I'm gonna do the walkthrough :mrgreen:
Totally understand. I felt very similar about my Myst Demo, especially since all the major puzzles could be solved with an existing Myst Walkthrough. However, the world of gaming is changing faster each year, and that whole "instant gratification" thing that applied primarily to the FPS Genre (Battlefield, Call of Duty, etc) is now rampant across multiple platforms and genres; I blame phone app's (ie, Clash of Clans).

For games like Grimrock (lengthy RPG's with puzzle solving), a Walkthrough allows those instant gratification gamers to get their fix as they enjoy your creation from start to finish; while providing an extra resource for classic gamers who pursue the old school lengthy experience. Na' mean?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

RMariano wrote:I did and it put me in the temple..... listened to the three heads.... went SW on the river and ... dead end.
You're prolly doing something wrong then. When i step into that teleporter it does not send me straight to the temple.
You're right.... it sent me to a spot where there was a button and a Xporter... the branch was on the pressure plate and I stepped into that one and it sent me to the temple. :shock:
So i guess you pushed that button and then went to check out what it did (which is pretty obvious unless you're playing without sound).
lurker

Post by lurker »

Stuck getting last gear key
SpoilerShow
Keelbreach Swamp - The Protected - I just cannot seem to find the right combination to remove the last blocker around the key. That is the last of the the keys I need.
Oh, and I haven't tried too hard yet, but also
SpoilerShow
the Spiral puzzle on the beach.
You have some challenging puzzles here. That's a good thing.
TheLastOrder

Post by TheLastOrder »

lurker wrote:Stuck getting last gear key
SpoilerShow
Keelbreach Swamp - The Protected - I just cannot seem to find the right combination to remove the last blocker around the key. That is the last of the the keys I need.
Oh, and I haven't tried too hard yet, but also
SpoilerShow
the Spiral puzzle on the beach.
You have some challenging puzzles here. That's a good thing.

First of all thanks for playing the mod.

Hint for "The Protected": stone face in Keelbreach Swamp talking about the right tempo.
SpoilerShow
You need to press the 3 levers with the "clicks" with the same timing, all of them with the same delay between sounds. The other 5 (clicks with different timing) have to remain in the other position (deactivated). Then press the buttom and enjoy XD
I'm sure you can solve Spirals. ;)
lurker

Post by lurker »

TheLastOrder wrote: Hint for "The Protected": stone face in Keelbreach Swamp talking about the right tempo.
SpoilerShow
You need to press the 3 levers with the "clicks" with the same timing, all of them with the same delay between sounds. The other 5 (clicks with different timing) have to remain in the other position (deactivated). Then press the buttom and enjoy XD
That one I solved, I think it was called the Hidden and it was in the Herder Den. The one I'm talking about is the one with the blockers, levers, buttons and spikes.