The Mountain

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Sir Tawmis

Re: The Mountain

Post by Sir Tawmis »

lucifuge wrote:I've spanned what seems to be the entirety of Keelbreach bog and not sure how to proceed. I pulled all the levers down in the Reflexus Revisited and the the door opened but the portal also disappears revealing nothing useful. What gives??
Welcome to the forums! Dr.Disaster pointed you to a really good place! (Some of these puzzles can be brutal...) My main problem is, I got distracted with life and such, and came back to LOG2 after a very long absence of game play, and for the life of me, can't remember what I've done or what needs to be done. I keep wandering around in circles. :lol:
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless »

Thank you for the mod. I'm pretty far into it. Currently at the Maze Core trying to solve the puzzle with the teleporters. So far I've enjoyed the mod. I found some of the puzzles very hard, but the battles not too bad (playing on hard).

However, there were a few areas I saw, but could not access. Please tell me how to reach the following:

1. The very north-west area of the Maze - I can see a special shield (Maze Shield?) and a crystal flower there, but an open pit is preventing my access.

2. In the Frozen Lair, at the northern part, I can hear Ice Slimes behind the back wall of the main (largest) area where the crossings appear and disappear, but cannot find a way past that wall.

3. In the air elemental dungeon, I can see Air Slimes in an area with a breast plate on an alter (Maze armor I presume), but cannot find a way in.

4. I'm missing the pants and gloves from the Wizard armor set - where can I find those?

5. Also, I take it there is no Rogue Armor - at least I haven't found any.

Thanks in advance.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

It's been almost 2 years since i played that mod so this is what i recall by looking at my maps.
MostlyHarmless wrote:1. The very north-west area of the Maze - I can see a special shield (Maze Shield?) and a crystal flower there, but an open pit is preventing my access.
IIRC before that pit is a switch/lever blocked by a teleporter which can be deactivated below.
MostlyHarmless wrote:2. In the Frozen Lair, at the northern part, I can hear Ice Slimes behind the back wall of the main (largest) area where the crossings appear and disappear, but cannot find a way past that wall.
Look for hidden buttons on the walls.
MostlyHarmless wrote:3. In the air elemental dungeon, I can see Air Slimes in an area with a breast plate on an alter (Maze armor I presume), but cannot find a way in.
You mean that barred-off area near Nauj's room? Jump in from above.
MostlyHarmless wrote:4. I'm missing the pants and gloves from the Wizard armor set - where can I find those?
Sorry, can't recall that.
MostlyHarmless wrote:5. Also, I take it there is no Rogue Armor - at least I haven't found any.
It's got upgraded to a 5 piece set called Archer armor.
MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless »

Thank you Dr.Disaster, I was now able to solve 1-3 now.

For one, I had to move the philosopher stone below the nearby pit to block it, so that I could stand on that square (pit) and push a secret button.

For two, the secret button was right there, it was just hard to see me because of the frozen/white tile set.

Three was also tricky because I had to go to another (earlier) area to find the pit from where to drop in.

In terms of items, I think I'm missing the helmet from the Maze armor set and the gloves from the crystal armor set, the pants from the Wizard set (and gloves if included) and all of the Archer set, but I don't really think that matters as the fights have not been too hard so far. Still need to solve the teleporter/steps puzzle at the Maze Core.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

MostlyHarmless wrote:Still need to solve the teleporter/steps puzzle at the Maze Core.
Got some hints for you here if you like.

As far as gear goes i'm pretty sure i had all armor sets complete before entering the core.
MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless »

I found the Archer armor set in the Archer's Woods. Also, I realized I did have the Wizard pants (I had just put them on the wrong guy initially assuming they were light armor - mirror leggings). Also, the fights have picked up. I just gained entry into The Mountain... Not sure how much is left, but I'm guessing I'll finish soon.
MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless »

I think I finished - I received a message saying congratulations - I've finished the first half of The Mountain and then the screen goes black although I can still move around. There was no real final foe, although the insects at the end in the lost forest were tough.

There is also an area at the very North Western area of the Lost Forest (left of the puzzle with the spell sounds to get the gem) where I can see an stand with a scroll and also a lever, but the forest blocks my access to it. Anyway to go there?

I'll write a proper review later for this mod (want to make sure I've finished it first). In short, I did enjoy it, although there are lots of tough puzzles so I would only recommend it to people who enjoy puzzles.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

MostlyHarmless wrote:I think I finished - I received a message saying congratulations - I've finished the first half of The Mountain and then the screen goes black although I can still move around. There was no real final foe, although the insects at the end in the lost forest were tough.
Aye that's the end of Part 1.
Still hoping TheLastOrder considers making Part 2.
MostlyHarmless wrote:There is also an area at the very North Western area of the Lost Forest (left of the puzzle with the spell sounds to get the gem) where I can see an stand with a scroll and also a lever, but the forest blocks my access to it. Anyway to go there?
That's a secret area you can access. I don't recall how but the receptor in the northern puzzle might be involved.
MarcoScherer

Post by MarcoScherer »

A very cool dungeon/map, but I cancelled playing it after the Maze of Wisdom. I couldn't figure out some solutions and even after reading the spoilers in the forum the solutions were just so random that I lost my fun in trying further. It's a shame because so much effort was put on this map and it's made really lovely.