Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.5)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Azel

Re: Legend of Mystrock (Demo Ver 2.9.0 complete)

Post by Azel »

Update for August:

There are currently 36 maps being finalized for the full version of Mystrock. I anticipate adding 1-2 more Maps before the final release date of, September 30th (about 5 weeks from now). More screenshots will be posted as we get closer to the release date.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Well I am 3 days away from the deadline and development is just about complete! I'm wrapping up the last 2 maps but then I need to do a full play-test. Right now the game is over 15 hours of playtime so the release date may extend til one additional week at most.

If anyone would like to help test out this completed mod then send me a PM. Testing will begin this Thursday, October 1.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Azel wrote:Well I am 3 days away from the deadline and development is just about complete! I'm wrapping up the last 2 maps but then I need to do a full play-test. Right now the game is over 15 hours of playtime so the release date may extend til one additional week at most.

If anyone would like to help test out this completed mod then send me a PM. Testing will begin this Thursday, October 1.
I could give a try some walktrough, when you will start testing finished version let me know.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

Azel wrote:Well I am 3 days away from the deadline and development is just about complete! I'm wrapping up the last 2 maps but then I need to do a full play-test. Right now the game is over 15 hours of playtime so the release date may extend til one additional week at most.

I'm available - Let me know.
Regards,

RMariano
Azel

Post by Azel »

Awesome guys. Thanks! I will send you a link for the download sometime between Thur-Sun, depending on how quickly I wrap up my initial testing.
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

I am on the last straight line of finishing my own mod, so I will have time to test your mod if you want.
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?
Azel

Post by Azel »

Cool, thanks! I'm almost done with my own testing so will be sending the download link out very soon :mrgreen:
Azel

Post by Azel »

Alright, my Mod testing is complete. I just sent the download link out to those of you offering to perform a full play-test. Thanks everyone for your time and help!

The file is under 200MB and there are over 30 levels. I have paid heed to the many "dungeon optimization" woes discussed on the forums. For example, my dungeon only has 14 standard Invisible wall objects (because I need their MinimalSaveState). The only thing I have left to review is the use of the Dark Elf Temple set. I use it sparingly and I noticed zero performance issues during gameplay with a single game file that logged over 15 hours of gametime, so I think we're good!

Once these testers have completed the playthrough, and any outstanding issues are remedied, I will make the mod available to the public via direct download link, NexusMods, and Steam. Cheers! :mrgreen:
Azel

Post by Azel »

So far no major issues have been reported from those helping out. Only a handful of suggestions and one "wall" bug which has been remedied. I will likely post a publicly downloadable link to the new version here tomorrow evening for the rest of the community to enjoy the Mod; then a week or so later I will upload it to Steam and Nexus.

In other news,

For those of you who are fans of the Original Myst game, here is a screenshot from my Mod; my LoG version of the Selenitic Age:

http://mystrock.com/images/selenitic/selenitic01.jpg