Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.5)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Liolik

Re: Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.5)

Post by Liolik »

It is a very good mod. One of the few that was really interesting to play. 25 hours . 19/20 secrets . 17/17 epic items 12/12 treasures.
33/36 levels visited. (visited Secret level ). First time done it with a imported party. Second Time done it with a new party at "Hard". 2 skills per level give some kind of balance for a new party, and that make game playable on hard difficulty. It would be nice to add a few teleports to some locations like Mechanical Age (to Usurper Island, because unable to visit it again), House of Walls and a few shortcuts: to "The Void" from "Myst", and to a distant places of "Stoneship Enclave" (there is a one but it useless and save 10-15 sec. only )

Things that confused me:
SpoilerShow
1) A huge start area with many figurines/buttons/altars/levers/plates etc. and some misguided things like "Draft for Pattern 158". First 4 hours I am run over all island pulling all levers\pushing all buttons\trying solve a weight-puzzle and Observatory-puzzle (tried to pull a torches there in different sequence) and trying to attach this "158" to everywhere, trying to attach all numbers from the Repository. That was a vilely and tricky to hide this inscription behind the wall and levers. So I hear the sound but did not see what happens (when putting a figurines on the altar). Btw I thought that was one-off inscription hint for blue-red gems and did not attach any importance to it. So, after placing a figure, I am run over all island and trying to find what is changed.... 4 hours I hate you! :) And that letter about altars and keys did not help becuse not clear that the inscription is changing and all time you need pull a levers and close exit-door...

2) Aquatic Chamber. At first I tried to divide 360 by 32 and got 11.35 then I divide 135 at 11.35 and got 11.89... I thought that's the nonsense and tried to find another ways. I started from the fact that 360 degree must be represented from 0 to 360 and the solution must contain every number, for example it maybe not 135. For example a scope can be set to 1 or 333 or some other number. So all this 32 activators (that's really too many) must help to build this numbers (like as Selenitic Hub). Much much later when I found a hint about "12 " somewhere at the forums, then I remembered about my first attempt where I got 11.89 and found a mistake 11.25...So the final solution was surprising and illogical for me and look like you just set a whole puzzle for a single number "135"...That's was not smart...the scope can be set to any position...

3) the Vault I am found letters and gain Power Gem, then for a few hours I tried to find this "Vault" that located in a very plain view at the Myst Island....I am put this Power Gem on every altar and put it to every hole in every tree in every stone in every lock etc. Threw it to a different objects...So when I found a place where it is needed (Bastion Prison) THAT WAS SURPRISE! So what this *bad word* about the Vault, that located in a very plain view at the Myst Island....?

4) The End or not? I got the "Rime Age" and "Myst Age" and after long road with mobs by sides I reach a iron golem that stood
before the Castle and I got teleported to the Myst Island again. I did not find place where I need put this books for the "Final End
Game Screen"

5) Artisan Points - for what it need? and where I can see the count?

6) Some unclear things:
a) Location Clash Beach. Two closed chamber: "Gold Mines" and "Elixir Collector". Just for beauty? Also there are some unseen walls near fire-pits around the fort.
b) Stoneship Age. Stoneship Enclave. Stone head in the some secret chamber saing something about Zarchtons as pillars of peace. There are 4 Altars in the Stoneship Enclave (3 with fish). It means something ? Put more fish or harpoons did not help.
c) Stoneship Age. Stoneship Enclave. The Sepulchre. I am found the secret with "Restless Remains", but there are too many empty pillars for torches. Tried different combination on the both simetrical floors (1 and 3) but nothing found.
d) Channelwood Age. Dragon Statue and plate under it (North- East corner. Power Station). What it does?
e) Selenitic Age. At the center of the location a lonely movable stone and it is inactive. What it does? and how activate it.

7) Unused things:
- Adventurer remains (5) and Toorum remains. Tried resurrect them everywhere and place it to Sepluchra...nothing.
- Water Flask (6)
- Skulls (12)
- Last blue and red gems.
- Rime Age and Myst Age books

8) Did not found 1 secret. and did not visited 3 levels. Any hint?
-1) Myst Undeground. Xeloroid lair. wall button. (Venom Edge, Huntsman Cloak, Buckler)
-2) Myst Undeground. Weight-puzzle dungeon. Wall button. (Spirit Crook, Bow+arrows, Rapierr)
-?) Cult Inner Enclave (Adventurer Remains, Orb of Radiance, Note) does not count to Statistic
-3) Usurper's Lair. Wall button. (2 Frost bomb, Gheal pot)
-4) Lost Woods. Way behind the chop. Rogue Boots + 2 Shuriken
-5) Gobhobbler's Den. Wall button. Crystall Flower, 2 Gheal pot
-6) Mechanical Age. Pirates Cove. Dig Chest. (Tome of Knowledge, Silver Scepter of Isochronos)
-7) Stoneship Age. Stoneship Quarters. Wall button underwater. Cloak of Night
-8) Stoneship Age. Stoneship Enclave. Lever and buttons that lead to the room under water. Plate Gloves, Archmage Cap, Shield of tbe Elements)
-9) Stoneship Age. Bring Restless Remains. (Scull, 2-hand Sword, Steel Barbute, Torso Plate)
-10) Channelwood Age. Darken Forest. Dig sites. (Shaman staff, Bearclaw Gauntlets, Bear Skull Helmet, Bear Pelt)
-11) Selenitic Age. Wall button near Thunder shrine. (Wand of Fear)
-12) Selenitic Age. Selenitic Caverns. Wall button. (Crystall of Healing. Crystall flower)
-13) Selenitic Age. Selenitic Caverns. Wall button. (Helm of Valor)
-14) Selenitic Age. Selenitic Caverns. Wall button. (Tome of Knowledge, Note)
-??) Power Gem. Secret Found, but does not count to Statistic
-15) Shock Sanctum. Wall button. (Lighting Bow)
-16) Shock Sanctum. Wall button. (Vorpal Blade)
-17) Disembodied Pain. Wall button. (Crystall Helnet, Crystall Flower, Tome of Knowledge )
-18) Bastion Prison. Wall buttons at Spike corridor. Secret level.
-19) The Void. 4 Meteors. (Set of Meteor Armor)
9) Some bugs:
SpoilerShow
a) Selenitic Age. East. Jumped left from the ladder to this closed chamber with dead end.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lwQgf ... mBXKYZ5C4K
b) Shock Sanctum. Near the end. I kill both ogres from the ladder by jumping left and right from the ladder, without pushing the plate. So later, I step on the plate and Xeloroid gains invulnerability, surrounded by prison. The prison should disappear after smashing the Ogres but they already killed. Dead end.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qqyNe ... o4eI1BwpO4
c) End of Usurper Island. Just left from the entrance to the location - an illusory stone border that can be easy to pass.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DCJr8 ... b7Tyf8hQX1
Azel

Post by Azel »

RacerX wrote:Thanks, having the correct time piece on the correct alter I was able to work it out.
SpoilerShow
IUnfortunately when I placed the last timepiece,and the fire element. I realized that 'm stuck here.
So you are stuck on the Island? I will walkthrough that area today and get back to you!
Azel

Post by Azel »

Amazing feedback, Liolik!

I'll give some responses soon, including the location of the final secret!
Azel

Post by Azel »

RacerX,

I just walked through the Mechanical Age and confirmed a few things.
SpoilerShow
When you first arrive in the Mechanical Age you are forced to travel to Usurper Island. Here you will find the Fire Elemental, as well as a Boss Battle. Next you will go through the Guarded Pathway where you will find the Air Elemental. Finally, you will be able to return to the Mechanical Age.

When back at the Mechanical Age, you will not be able to enter the Fortress until you place the Timepiece in its Alcove. This will unlock the front door (and give Party Experience). At this time you can also place your Fire Elemental at its Shrine.

When you enter the Fortress, you will find the other two remaining Elementals: Earth and Water. The main puzzle in this room is the Elevator/Switch puzzle, which moves the Magic Bridge around in a way that allows you to finish placing all the Elementals at their shrines.

The Shrine must be matched with the proper elemental:
Fire = South Shrine
Earth = East Shrine
Water = North Shrine
Air = West Shrine

Once the final Elemental is placed on its Shrine, and all others are properly places, the screen with "shake" and your Party will be transported away to Pirates Cover. This is a boss battle where the Player is able to retrieve the Mechanical Age book.
Can you confirm everything up to this point?
:D
Azel

Post by Azel »

Liolik,

I'm still going through you feedback, thanks again.

Here is the walkthrough for the final secret:
SpoilerShow
When you are in the Bastion Prison, there is a main challenge where the Player must run South down a corridor and escape a moving spiked wall. This happens on both the East and West Corridors. During this challenge, you will notice that there is an obstacle in each corridor that the Player must break through as they try to escape the moving spiked wall (the obstacles are Spider Eggs).

After breaking the eggs, move in to their location and turn to look at the wall. You will find a Small Secret Button. Both buttons must be pushed once. When both buttons have been pushed, the "secret found" sound will play, and a new Teleporter will open up. This will take you to the start of a series of 3 secret locations.

These are hidden locations in existing maps, and serve as more of an Easter Egg. The secret locations - when viewed on your map - are designed in the shape of the Riven number scheme. The Map for Secret Location 1, 2, and 3 match the numeric system for the numbers of 1, 2, and 3 in the language found on Riven.

RacerX

Post by RacerX »

The issue that I have is with the elevator. I have all the essences but no magic bridges to the peers.

The elevator button up top makes three beeps and then a then a higher pitch sound and then back down...

Thanks
Azel

Post by Azel »

RacerX,
SpoilerShow
Take the Elevator up. Once you reach the top, click the button that sends it back down. But don't go down with the Elevator. Instead, step out of the Elevator as soon as you click the button.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Wow!
SpoilerShow
I almost did it on my own yesterday, I jumped out and then jumped back in because I did not want to get injured. Now I can keep on exploring.
Thanks
flowbee321

Post by flowbee321 »

Wonderful mod, really enjoying it.

Completed all the ages except Stoneship and Rime - how do I get to the Stoneship age (not the pre-age, I did that part with the worshipers)? The void says I lack the proper travel instrument, but I have the scope, and the door won't open. The note saying that "something dark blocks access to stoneship" seems to be a clue but I'm stuck at this point.
Liolik

Post by Liolik »

Azel wrote:Liolik,

I'm still going through you feedback, thanks again.

Here is the walkthrough for the final secret:
SpoilerShow
When you are in the Bastion Prison, there is a main challenge where the Player must run South down a corridor and escape a moving spiked wall. This happens on both the East and West Corridors. During this challenge, you will notice that there is an obstacle in each corridor that the Player must break through as they try to escape the moving spiked wall (the obstacles are Spider Eggs).

After breaking the eggs, move in to their location and turn to look at the wall. You will find a Small Secret Button. Both buttons must be pushed once. When both buttons have been pushed, the "secret found" sound will play, and a new Teleporter will open up. This will take you to the start of a series of 3 secret locations.

These are hidden locations in existing maps, and serve as more of an Easter Egg. The secret locations - when viewed on your map - are designed in the shape of the Riven number scheme. The Map for Secret Location 1, 2, and 3 match the numeric system for the numbers of 1, 2, and 3 in the language found on Riven.

I am found this secret. it is number 18) in my list (Secret level).