Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.5)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Azel

Re: Mystrock, Artisans Path (Complete Ver 1.5)

Post by Azel »

Liolik wrote: I am found this secret. it is number 18) in my list (Secret level).
I'm impressed that you found what I thought would be near impossible secrets!

I finally went through your entire list and compared it against the 20 "marked" secrets in the game, and I found the one you missed.
SpoilerShow
Inside the Stoneship Enclave (the main Enclave accessed from the Stoneship Age) there is an entire section on the far Top Right part of the map; the complete opposite the side of the area where you found the "shield of elements."

In this area there is a room labeled, Aranearum. There is a secret in there that rewards you with a Chitin Mask and Crystal Flower.
Azel

Post by Azel »

flowbee321 wrote:Wonderful mod, really enjoying it.

Completed all the ages except Stoneship and Rime - how do I get to the Stoneship age (not the pre-age, I did that part with the worshipers)? The void says I lack the proper travel instrument, but I have the scope, and the door won't open. The note saying that "something dark blocks access to stoneship" seems to be a clue but I'm stuck at this point.
I just double-checked the Mod and as long as you have the Scope in your Inventory then the door from the Void will open. The code checks to see if you have it in a container (e.g. a Sack, Wooden Box) but just in case make sure it is sitting in the base inventory. And of course, make sure you are standing in front the proper door in the Void.

From Left to Right the Doors to the Ages are:
Mechanical Age, Stoneship Age, Channelwood Age, Selenitic Age

The only problem I can see arising is if someone uses the Console to "spawn" a Scope. The Mod checks for a uniquely named Scope (spawning one won't work).
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

Hello. Firstly, let me thank you for this great mod.
I have done two of the ages and most (I think) of Channelwood. I am stuck with getting from the duckboarded area to the forest(?) i have done all that I can on both levels but can't see any way onward. The only opening that I can see is the bit of open water where the force squares were. Con you give me an idea of how I might proceed?.
I came to this through the Mystrock demo, which I enjoyed enouigh to be prepared to repeat to get to the rest of the game. The few changes threw me a bit. I was a bit miffed when I realized that I had solved the mathematical part of the aquatic chamber but had missed the rather obvious button, and so spent ages looking for another solution.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Hi there! Glad to see this Mod is still alive and well. I've been meaning to get back to this for some time now, but real life keeps getting in the way lol

Apologies on the Aquatic Chamber confusion. Perhaps there is something I can implement to make it more obvious that the button should be pressed as part of the puzzle solving. That should be easy enough!

Can you give me a screenshot of the area you are talking about in Channelwood? I will play through that area again and give you some hints. Cheers!
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

Sorry to be so long in responding. I have been doing other mods while I waited and left this one in abeyance. I don't really have a screenshot, nor the expertise to provide one. I have been around the 2 tiers of duckboards and there doesn't seem an obvious way forward, nor a clear blockage that I can't get past. I guess that doesn't make it very clear to you. If I could copy the map and post it it would probably help, but I don't know how to do this. (I am only a player)
Azel

Post by Azel »

You should be able to just hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard (Prt Sc key) and then load up Microsoft Paint and Paste it in (hit Ctrl + V).

When you hit Print Screen it places a copy of your screen in the computers memory, and then you can Paste it in a Document, like a Word Processor, Excel, or any graphics program like MS Paint. Then simply save the image and email to me: azelohwell@gmail.com

Hope that works for ya! I'll also try to walk around that section and figure out what may be going on.
harpo570

Post by harpo570 »

Azel wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:49 am
RacerX wrote:Hello
SpoilerShow
I'm in Channelwood, at the power station standing in front to the plate I see the Dragon Statue, I have the timepiece, But don't know where it goes. Around the corner and up the ladder is the switch to turn the power on and off. I can upload a pic if you tell me how to do it? I need to go to the forest to retrieve the book. I'm stuck here...
Thanks
Okay cool! That helps.
SpoilerShow
In the area with the Dragon Statue, walk to the platform and use the switch to turn the power on/off. Make sure the power is set to ON. Now go back outside and notice how some of the lights are on. The goal is to get power to certain areas to access them. There are switches along the path that route the power to different areas. Try different combinations. Let me know if you need more help!
I have switch power to all the areas I think and now need the book of Channelwood. Do I need to go back and get it somewhere else? If so how do I get out of Channelwood? What purpose is the plate by the dragon?

Here is where I have been and stuck in Channelwood.

I have now restarted from the beginning of Channelwood because I'm stuck with the above problem. I now entered Stoneship. I am now stuck in a big water room and have done all that I can find and can't get out. I must be missing a switch or button somewhere's. Can I get any help in getting out? Here is a map of where I've been and what I have done so far. Help.

harpo570

Post by harpo570 »

Is there a full walkthru for this mod? I have seen some links in this forum but all go to a page where the demo walkthru was and is now hidden. I have seen the pdf demo walkthru but not the full version. Is anyone still doing this mod and can help me. I've gotten this far and would like to finish it.
harpo570

Post by harpo570 »

Azel wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:04 pm The walkthrough should still be valid for most of the first half of the game,

www.mystrock.com

http://www.mystrock.com/files/pathdemo/walkthrough.pdf

Is there a walkthrough for the rest of the mod. Many of us are stuck with no idea what to do next.
harpo570

Post by harpo570 »

ChrisDenham wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:33 pm I have got the Channelwood Book but I cannot find out how to return to Myst Island.
Please can anybody give me a clue.
How did you get to transport out of Channelwood to find the book. I know where to put the book but don't know where and how to go get the book.