Version 1.5 is now available.
While the Demo will remain avaiable online, I am happy to say that version 1.0 of the complete Mod, "Mystrock, Artisans Path," is available. I plan to post it to Steam and NexusMods next week, but for now you can download the Mod directly from the site, http://www.Mystrock.com
Here is the Direct Download Link: http://www.mystrock.com/files/artisans/ArtisansPath.zip
The file is available on NexusMods at: http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/56/
Due to the file size being over 100MB, it will not be available on Steam at this time. Although the original Demo version of Mystrock will remain active on Steam.
The following features are supported:
1) Breakable Walls
2) The "guns" have infinite ammo, so Firearms are fully viable, balanced, and one gun can shoot Elemental Blasts!
3) The game is balanced for newcomers, veterans, newly created parties, and high-level imported champions.
4) The environment itself comes from the following resources:
5) New Weapons and Armor- Dark Elf Temple
- Cosy Dungeons and Germmany Furniture
- Winter Town
- There are a small number of Armors/Weapons borrowed from the DMCSB Pack
6) All licensing and original authorship is credited in the download file.
- Full ReadMe files for each resource are provided
7) Character Progression: your party will gain 2 Skill Points per level
- this does not create any over-powered nor unblananced issues due to the nature of this Mod
Mystrock, Artisans Path is project that combines the elements of the original Myst game, by Cyan Inc., with the Dungeon Crawler elements of Grimrock. The entire world of Myst has been re-created in this Mod, including the 5th Age of Rime. Players will also encounter maps and challenges that are my own creation, along with designs inspired by other classics.
Easter Eggs, level designs, and general "nods of appreciation" can be found in this Mod to the following works:
*** If starting with a new party you should set the difficulty to Easy- Legend of Zelda
- Final Fantasy
- Clash of Clans
- Magic the Gathering
- The "Sword of Truth" novels by Terry Goodkind
*** High level imported parties can keep the difficulty settig to Normal
*** A setting of Hard should be avoided at all costs :-0
Over the course of the next week I will continue to perform playtests and also rely on members of the community to report any bugs, feature requests, etc.
The Mod has been out for 3 years now, and I do plan to finish a full walkthrough as well as implement the many updates Players have provided. The Myst Franchise is taking off again as we go in to 2018. The game, Obduction, was released on multiple platforms, and now a new game is on the horizon: Fermament.
I do check this Thread from time-to-time, but if anyone is stuck and wants a quicker response you can contact me at my new email address:
Thanks everyone, and hope you enjoy the result of this project. Cheers!