Isle of the Deranged - Revision 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Slayer82

Re: Isle of the Deranged

Post by Slayer82 »

The saves file is most likely unusable as it loads the older assets. You either need to start again, or use this code Zo Kath Ra mentioned to teleport you over the plant cluster, then use it again to move back over it.
It is the last obstacle, so you'll on need to use the code twice.

Code: Select all

("x = " .. party.x .. " / y = " .. party.y .. " / facing = " .. party.facing .. " / elevation = " .. party.elevation .. " / level = " .. party.level)
Just open the console using '~' and insert your coordinates to move yourself over the cluster.
If that codes is too hard to understand, then look around this forum for another player movement code.

It should work. I hope I've helped you, Lightangels.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Well and truly stuck.
SpoilerShow
I'm in The Path That Few Traverse and pulled all the levers. Took the teleporter to Main Beach. Only one gat to main castle open so thought I must be meant to enter room with cross key. Fought the 2 ogres and don't know what else I can do. There are closed grates at the end of Caldar's Gauntlet I cannot open and there is the end boss in The Path That Few Traverse that I can't access either.
All help welcome.
joramsey

Post by joramsey »

For the life of me, I don't know what to do about the hint "brighter than bronze, lighter than gold, cheaper than silver. The answer is the key." I've beaten Ktalak and cleared a good portion of the level, so I don't know if I performed the clue without realizing it or whether there's still more to do. Feedback welcomed!
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Jaberwoke -
The closed gates at the end of Caldar's Gauntlets
SpoilerShow
house a secret. You need to throw an item on the left and right side of the portcullis (gate) to activate the it.
When you say end boss, do you mean
SpoilerShow
the three wizards behind the gate? If so, then you just need to walk around the level to find the activate all the levers and secret buttons within that world. They are not difficult to find. The levers are at paths end, and the buttons are attached to timber frames. If you have succeeded and are now back at the Main Beach, then head to the large castle in the south to enter the final stage of the story.
Joramsey -
Yep, you solved the riddle without realising it.
SpoilerShow
"...The answer is key." is a play on words; the answer to the riddle is literally a key as the Tomb Key is not as bright as the gold key, bit brighter than the bronze.
Now that you've defeated Ktalak don't forget to
SpoilerShow
search west for the bonus.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Slayer82 wrote:Jaberwoke -

When you say end boss, do you mean
SpoilerShow
the three wizards behind the gate? If so, then you just need to walk around the level to find the activate all the levers and secret buttons within that world. They are not difficult to find. The levers are at paths end, and the buttons are attached to timber frames. If you have succeeded and are now back at the Main Beach, then head to the large castle in the south to enter the final stage of the story.
Thanks Slayer.
SpoilerShow
the boss I was referring to is the Ice Guardian, Lepracaun, Dragon etc. on that level. That area is not accessible. I pulled all levers and pushed al;l buttons but one gate at main castle remains shut.
SpoilerShow
Does it matter that a lot of spiked gates in Realm of Conciousness remain shut to me? Maybe something more needs to be done there but I can't get them open.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hey Jaberwoke, I hope all is well.
In regards to your first point,
SpoilerShow
I actually thought you were, but assumed you were stuck on something important to the quest. Those monsters are just a bit of a storyline tease. It implies that the next set of adventures are ready to be brought to the isle and will have to face these monsters.

Well, it does because you needed to
SpoilerShow
open them in order to get to 'The Path That Few Traverse'. How did you get to that part of the world without opening all the spear doors in the Realm of Consciousness? That's odd.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Slayer82 wrote:Hey Jaberwoke, I hope all is well.
In regards to your first point,
SpoilerShow
I actually thought you were, but assumed you were stuck on something important to the quest. Those monsters are just a bit of a storyline tease. It implies that the next set of adventures are ready to be brought to the isle and will have to face these monsters.

Well, it does because you needed to
SpoilerShow
open them in order to get to 'The Path That Few Traverse'. How did you get to that part of the world without opening all the spear doors in the Realm of Consciousness? That's odd.
Thanks, again, Slayer.
SpoilerShow
I somehow managed to open the spikes that lead to the hole to climb down - just by playing with the levers. I've since realised that I could get through the pit maze in the Realm of Conciousness and have managed to open a gate to the beach so I should be on track again.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Fantastic mod. Thank you for your work, Slayer82.
Will play it again to see if I can get the 3 secrets I missed.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

That's great to hear. I'm really glad you enjoyed it.
Only missing three secrets is quite impressive too.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Version 2.0 *Final Release*

After weeks of tinkering with the mod I'm finally happy with the finished product. This will be the final release (Yes, I have said that before, however this is it). :)

Version 2.0 *Final Release*

- Changelog -

* Made hundreds of major and minor aesthetic changes throughout the world.
* Added several items and changed placement of others.
* New Introduction stage "The Welcoming".
* Created some more dialogue.
* Changed some puzzle elements.

Version 2.0 *Final Release* Isle of the Deranged

I'll release it in a few days after testing.