Isle of the Deranged - Revision 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Lightangels

Re: Isle of the Deranged

Post by Lightangels »

Help please i'm still stuck :x
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

There is no lever man oO and the lever behind a pressure plate do nothing
I'm not sure what you're referring to. The lever right near the pressure plate opens something else and is not related to the hovering block puzzle.
If you're stuck with the puzzle after pushing the wall button, then pull the mine lever which is literally two squares east of the button you pushed. This lever resets the hovering blocks so that they are in their original position. If the lever isn't there, then you may need to patch the game to 2.2.4 and/or download the latest version of the mod (1.6).

Solving the
SpoilerShow
block puzzle opens the gate to Greater Grimwern Woodlands. Once the puzzle has been solved, you can make your way there.
I have tested the puzzle and it works.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
bewildering

Post by bewildering »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

I started the mod again. It was great fun so i didn't mind starting again. This time there was no problem with grass in greater woods area.

Anyway, after finding all the essences I have entered the "realm of consciousness" area. I entered the museum part and cut round the back of the building. Unfortunately I reached a point at the back of the museum were i cannot move forward past some grass. I can tell there is more vines to be cut down past this point, and it looks like there is some flask on the ground beyond the grass. I also seemingly cannot get past any of the other spear doors on this level. I am a little worried that the switch to open the spear gates is beyond this grass. Am I right? Am I stuck again?
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

bewildering wrote:Unfortunately I reached a point at the back of the museum were i cannot move forward past some grass.
What are the coordinates?
You can display them with this code :

Code: Select all

print("x = " .. party.x .. " / y = " .. party.y .. " / facing = " .. party.facing .. " / elevation = " .. party.elevation .. " / level = " .. party.level)
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Fuck! There is one stupid Plant Cluster that stops the player from progressing! I didn't see that one as it is covered by beach thickets and thorns. The clusters have been really annoying for me. I don't understand why they seem to be obstacles when I unchecked the obstacle option.
I actually try to improve my mod, but this time I fucked up! Sorry players!

Zo Kath Ra's advice is quite useful here. Just teleport yourself over the annoying obstacle and the you'll be able to pull the lever. I merely attempted to add the plant clusters for visual appeal.
Gee, that worked well. :roll:

Again, I'll upload another update.
Honestly, I quite pedantic about my mod and I try to solve issues before they arise, but that hasn't worked.
Well, at least the new update fixes some new issues and has many new features.
I apologise.
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

I am standing in front of the museum
when I turn right it seems I could jump into the water, but
there is an invisible barrier !? I cannot pass or destroy it :shock: :shock: :shock:
any hints on that ?
Last edited by marten_1992 on Sat May 23, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

The player is unable to jump into the water. This is done on purpose.
The update will be ready soon on both Nexus Mods and ModDb soon.
Lightangels

Post by Lightangels »

I uploaded to the version 1.6 and... Maybe im blind but there is no lever for reset the blocks:

http://www.hapshack.com/?v=rqbsM.png

http://www.hapshack.com/?v=kcbeO.png
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

the switch is in the nw corner on the ground afair
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Lightangels

Post by Lightangels »

I am already in the NW corner... i dont understand :( there is nothing on the ground i just find a shuriken lol.

A picture of the map can be possible please ? There is only a button on a wall but no lever in the NW corner