Isle of the Deranged - Revision 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Slayer82

Re: Isle of the Deranged 2.2

Post by Slayer82 »

Hi, Zizzencs.

To open the spear door blocking the Aelenialen House of Worship:
SpoilerShow
You need to head north-east where the trapdoors are.
fall or use a rope; here you will find an area representing a tomb. Use a tomb key to open the lock in the north and pull the lever.
Escape from that area, then head south to where the spear door was blocking your path. Use a bronze key to open the lock, so that you can enter the House of Worship.
This information is only useful if you have opened the other gates and doors within the area. If you have, then the above steps will work.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Zizzencs

Post by Zizzencs »

Hi Slayer82,

My problem is that I do not have the bronze key and I have no idea where I could get one. As far as I remember I had no bronze keys in this mod. Any tips on where I could get one?

Anyways, it's a very nice mod, I had like 12 hours of fun while playing it so far, so THANK YOU! :-)
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Sorry, champ.

I meant 'BRASS key'. I apologise for that as you must have been wondering around aimlessly.

If you don't have a brass key, then you can acquire one
SpoilerShow
from Ktalak in Ktalak's Domain and the other underwater in the south-east area of the main beach (Isle of the Deranged - Main Beach stage).
I hope that helps you.
Zizzencs

Post by Zizzencs »

Thank you, finding the brass key helped me through this obstacle :-)

Actually I was very close to the solution.
SpoilerShow
I think so far there have been two locks that could be opened by brass keys: the one in Grimwern Woodlands and the one in the Realm of Conciousness. During my playthrough I found it strange that I only got my first brass key after defeating Ktalak and after that I have to return to Grimwern Woodlands and... It felt odd. I thought I had missed an earlier opportunity to get another key. I even thought the key should be in the first 2-3 areas.
But I still missed it :-)

Thanks for the help!

UPDATE: aaand I finished the game. Thank you for this wonderful experience - I'm awaiting your next mod :-)
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Thanks for the positive feedback. It took me a long time to make that mod, and it's taking awhile to make Allure...

I'm glad you enjoyed the mod. I'm still going to take my time with the upcoming mod, because I want it to be as good as the first.

:D
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

I enjoyed this mod a couple of years back.
But somewhere near the very end I got stuck and never really finished it.

Have there been many changes to warrant a 2nd playthrough with the new version?
The difficulty on Hard settings was just perfect.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hi, Pompidom.

I made several changes over the years, so I'm unsure if you played a very early build or a more current release of the mod.

I still need to upload another version with minor fixes, but that'll have to wait until I finish my current mod. It's still playable, so there's no worry there.

It's been a long time since I played the mod too, so I suppose it's worth another try for both of us.
With previous plays, I would often miss secrets or have to backtrack which makes it more enjoyable.

It all up to you, though. :D

Cheers!
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Hi there!
First off great Mod... I am really enjoying it.
I am curious about something with excavation site. I happened to go in there before using the key and the doors are closed and stay closed by entrance. I think it is possible to get stuck in there unless I missed something. I reloaded and went in using key first and all is well.
2 other things....
Do the heads give clues to just the current area or other ones as well?
There is a spear door with a empty alcove with no note or clue nearby besides a head that says be prepared. Will I get a clue about this alcove somewhere or is it trial and error? It is a spear door that has a table with loot on it inside.

thanks
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hello, SapientCrow.
Hi there!
I am curious about something with excavation site. I happened to go in there before using the key and the doors are closed and stay closed by entrance. I think it is possible to get stuck in there unless I missed something. I reloaded and went in using key first and all is well.
2 other things....
There is a spear door with a empty alcove with no note or clue nearby besides a head that says be prepared. Will I get a clue about this alcove somewhere or is it trial and error? It is a spear door that has a table with loot on it inside.
1. I need to make a minor update to fix issues like the one in the mines. It'll have to wait, though.
2. If you're talking about the two heads in the excavation site, then they only discuss secrets within that level.
3. I'm unsure as to what you're referring to in regards to the 'spear door' and 'empty alcove'.
If you could state the level name and roughly what area it is, then I can definitely help you.
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Slayer82 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:47 pm Hello, SapientCrow.
Hi there!
2 other things....
1. I need to make a minor update to fix issues like the one in the mines. It'll have to wait, though.
2. If you're talking about the two heads in the excavation site, then they only discuss secrets within that level.
3. I'm unsure as to what you're referring to in regards to the 'spear door' and 'empty alcove'.
If you could state the level name and roughly what area it is, then I can definitely help you.
Thanks for responding =)... seriously loving the design of this Mod!!
About the heads I mean in general do they refer to things only in the area they are in or reference other areas with clues for them?
The empty alcove I figured it out... I had to re-read a note left that I had in my bags and it referenced the use of a certain item. However before I read it I did use trial and error with every item I had in my bags and eventually figured it out.

Couple other questions:
Are there always enough lockpicks to open all mystery chests and locked treasures? And are they always in the area that has the locked chest?
And speaking of digging does it only work at certain areas as referenced in game? Initially I started digging up every square and reloading after I was done with digging up an entire area. So far only areas referenced have treasure to dig.
Do I ever use mining pick? I am a hoarder but even with my insane strength minotaur I have to be thoughtful about what I keep.

In Nomad's Demise...
I am told by a head when its time to punish the prisoners keep... I am stumped on how to get the gate open so I can damage the other prisoner.
In Ktalak's domain is that the cave the head is referencing and in his main room there are 2 hallways with spikes blocking... do they open?

Sorry for all the questions...
It seems with the open world design there are aspects that are just design or aesthetic?
I actually ended up going to Ktalak first which I guess I was supposed to go to him last...
Secret discovery is really rewarding. Almost have my Wizard full max magic schools with all those yummy books!
thanks again

Just ran into a perma crash in caverns southern demise
error in script follows:
#script_entity_162.script:22: attempt to index global 'ice_lizard_steak_4' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
#script_entity_162.script:22: in function <#script_entity_162.script:8>
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
[string "Surface.lua"]: in function 'addItem'
[string "Surface.lua"]: in main chunk
[string "GameObject.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Clickable.lua"]: in function 'onClickComponent'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'mousePressed'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'