Isle of the Deranged - Revision 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Slayer82

Isle of the Deranged - Revision 1.1

Post by Slayer82 »

Synopsis -
Four individuals have been kidnapped and sent to a deserted isle where they must pass an examination in order to gain their freedom. The Masters will test the protagonists through various aspects such as:
exploration, puzzles, combat, among others. The five elements are key to you and your party's escape. However, there is more to the examination then simply finding the essences. The creatures that inhabit the Isle are aggressive and insane. They have been brought to the isle to test the adventurers. There will not be any mercy shown; kill or be killed.
The only way to pass the examination is to leave the island; to fail is to die.

Features -
* Open-world exploration. Players are rewarded for searching and exploring, whilst challenged when they discover new areas.
* Non-linear approach to dungeon crawling. Re-visit past areas for new items, and paths that were initially locked or hidden on first investigation.
* Engaging memoirs of fallen participants. Their notes are often useful and even reward diligence.
* Contains new creatures such as the new Slime and Warden variations created by Daveyx0
* New tile set/assets from Skuggasveinn. I utilised mostly the Urban and Autumn tiles as their was little need for the Winter effects.
* The protagonists begin their journey in the in a mysterious area before elevating to the main beach of the Isle of the Deranged. This is the hub world and where the journey really commences.
* There are 21 stages. Some of the stages are connected via the main beach, which allows the player to enjoy a selection of choices in regards to area discovery.
* Playtime is around 18+ hours
* Full armour sets, as well as occasional duplicated items to support players who use the same character type.
* Added new classes, traits, species, and edited the skills.
* Changed some original armour pieces, items, and weapons.
* I also changed and moved some items (armour pieces, weapons, etc.)
* Added new spells from Leindal.

Recommendations -
* Commence the mod using new characters. Starting with high-level characters will break immersion and is not recommended.
* Search everywhere and look at everything.
* Re-visit previous levels to find secrets and uncover new gameplay.
* Magic casters are always preferred, but are not necessary.

Mod Download -
http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimro ... w%3D&pUp=1
http://www.moddb.com/mods/isle-of-the-deranged

- Credits -

Skuggasveinn for the Winter Tileset.
Daveyx0 for the Slime and Warden assets.
Leki & Petri for the other Legend of Grimrock 1 Monster assets.
Leindal for Magic of Grimrock Spells.
Forum members: Isaac, Azel, JohnWordsworth, minmay, Drakan, and various others. Without their technical help, this mod would still be unfinished.

Cheers,
Slayer82
Last edited by Slayer82 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:05 am, edited 37 times in total.
eLPuSHeR

Re: (MOD) Isle of the Deranged

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Thanks. It looks cool. I will keep it on my radar.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Well, keep it up, dude. I'm willing to give a try when it's done :)
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Thanks a lot. I'm at the point where I need to complete a few more levels, but must try to avoid filler. I actually started to make a new area, and then scrapped it. I did this because it was forced and wasn't fun.
I'll add more screenshots soon to update everyone. :)
Frenchie

Post by Frenchie »

I haven't played it yet , but the strength of a non linear game is there are always 2 solutions for a problem depending on your play style. A fast way fighting or an easier longer way with a puzzle. An impossible fight with a low level party at daylight or sneaking past a mob a night for example. Later with enough level you choose the easy way as you solved the puzzle already. Then it is considered a shortcut.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

sounds promising for a perfect dungeon, looking forward playing it !
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Thank you for all the support. In all honesty, I just want to make a fun game that people enjoy. I'm actually happy with where I am with it and with people showing interest, I want to make it perfect.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Added images for two new stages: Caldar's Gauntlet and Elemental Plains.
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
These pictures don't look spectacular, however there has been a lot of work done behind the scenes which you'll be able to notice once it's finished.
I'm still on track for a March completion which will be the 1.0 finalised version.
Slayer82

Re: Isle of the Deranged - 90% Complete

Post by Slayer82 »

Completed 13 of 17 stages. The remaining four need tweaking for practicality and aesthetics.

I have added the new Eternal Catacombs stage.
Last edited by Slayer82 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Drakkan

Re: Isle of the Deranged - 90% Complete

Post by Drakkan »

looking wonderful !
hope it will be finished soon :)
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis