Isle of the Deranged - Revision 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
kingrilian

Re: Isle of the Deranged 2.3

Post by kingrilian »

I have come to the end, Ktalak, Caldar and Maevren are no more - I have really enjoyed this - an excellent mod and one of the very best. Thank you very much
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

Hello,
I'm fairly early in this mod and am having a good time. I have a problem however. Whenever I am fighting legionaries, either as a group of 4 or singly, the game crashes. In the first two areas I met this problem, I just avioded them or locked them up. This prevented me from fighting the trickster and a mage, but I was able to keep going. In the area where I met a single legionary though, in Eastern Zaoze, I have to kill him to get past. i don't know if it is essential to beat this guy to proceed or not. Can you enlighten me please.
I am in awe of you mod writers who give so much time and effort so that mere players like myself can enjoy the fruits of your work.
Thank you.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hey, Gylippos.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I've done a bit of testing and can't duplicate the crash. I'm unsure as to why it's crashing for you.

I assume you have the latest version of Legend of Grimrock 2 installed (2.2.4) and are playing the latest version of the mod.

If so, then I'll need a bit more information to find the crash; plus if there are issues with that asset, then I'll need to fix it.
Unfortunately, I'm really busy with life at the moment, which is why my other mod doesn't have any updates.

I'll see what I can find when I get time.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Slayer82

Re: Isle of the Deranged 2.4

Post by Slayer82 »

Isle of the Deranged version 2.4 uploaded to ModDb and Nexus Mods.

I fixed the crash issue in Nomad's Demise - Cavern, so there will not be a crash when placing the figurine on the altar there anymore.
Slayer82

Re: Isle of the Deranged - Revision

Post by Slayer82 »

Although I will be updating 'The Allure of Nightfall' in the next few weeks, I have created a revision for Isle of the Deranged.

The original version will still remain, however, I wanted to add/edit the following:
* New spells to create more excitement as the mod is long;
* New classes, races, traits, and skills to make the journey more interesting;
* Edited some vanilla items (weapons, armour, tomes, etc.) to make the replay worthwhile;
* Added new variants of old items, and placed others in different areas.
The above will change the play style and journey, so I adjusted the mod to reflect this.
The tweaking is to ensure the mod is still a challenge.

The mod is not vastly different, but the new editions will allow another playthrough that reflects the exciting editions that other modders have worked on.
I am currently playtesting it and will release it later this month.

I suggest playing this revision if you've already played the available mods and want to play another mod.

I'll keep everyone updated.
ozthekeymaster

Post by ozthekeymaster »

VERY excited about this - cheers Slayer!!! :D
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

also very exited here :)
found a type maybe, in the grimwern woodlands when you cross a bridge to the south a voice says :
- amusing you think you may wonder wherever you wish -
probabyl that should be - wander- !?
will an import of characters from an older version be possible ?
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Marten
Argh! I hate typos. I've fixed it now, though. :D

You won't be able to import characters, as I have changed a lot of the original items, plus a few of the item placements.

Playing as the new species and their traits/skills is reason enough to replay it with base level characters.
There may be some people that don't like changing an original mod just because it has some tweaks, but it'll make it fun to play again.
The mod will also offer a new experience when replaying it, plus I've tidied up a few things.

Oh, and I've taken out a lot of the excess files that I forgot were in the mod folder.
This revision will be much smaller in download size.

I promise I won't take too long with this either. :)
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

I am excited to hear that,hope the release date will not be too far in the future :)
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

I am excited to hear that,hope the release date will not be too far in the future :)
It won't be :). I've taken so long with the others, that this will be released very soon.
I say it'll be released in a few weeks at the latest as I haven't found any issues with it.
It's actually pretty fun with the new characters, weapons, and spells.

Oh, and a thank you to other modders is in order for that :D