Isle of the Deranged - Revision 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Marphyre

Re: Isle of the Deranged 2.2

Post by Marphyre »

Thanks Slayer82, U rock!
drdrake

Post by drdrake »

Enjoying this mod a lot, it's really immersive.

I think I must have missed something: I've got as far as killing Ktalak and have 7 essences/5 gems, but I still don't have the Cube Key which (looking at other posts here) is necessary to enter the middle of the Grimwern woods and then get the final Earth Essence which I can see on the island. Where do I find it? (I never solved the "skinless opener" puzzle, is it there?)

I also had the game crash when I put the ice figurine on the altar under the Nomad Demise: an error about ice steaks. Is there a way to dodge the error but still get the bounty?
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

drdrake wrote:...and then get the final Earth Essence which I can see on the island
You have to find one lever in the northern part of the dungeon under the forest. As soon as you find it, the hatch near the altar with the essence of the Earth will close. In the northern part of the labyrinth. If I remember correctly, you have to swim to it. To get to the island with the essence of the Earth you need to activate the portal in the library in the same dungeon.
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Legend of Grimrock II 2.2.4
drdrake

Post by drdrake »

Ah, thanks. I had completed the excavation site and closed the trapdoor, but somehow forgot to enter the teleporter.

I still didn't find a "cube key", but after doing the path that few traverse I got the master key and was able to open the middle-grimwern area anyway. So I had 6/6 gems and have done all the quests. What I don't understand is whether the game is over now that I have the wizard's virge and the master key (seems unlikely, one level still to find and clearly a boss fight yet to come) or what to do next. Is the image in the locked door of the big building at the south of the beach map a ship? Is that a hint? The teleporter next to that door vanished some time ago. I keep wandering around but am running out of food. Any suggestions?
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hi, Drdrake.

In regards to your issues:
SpoilerShow
The cube key is on the main beach in the Forgotten Cemetery. You have to complete a pressure plate puzzle slightly east of Buddy the Dog's tombstone.
SpoilerShow
Once you have attained all of the essences and visited all of the stages (including 'The Path that Few Traverse', you must return to the Main Beach. Once there, head south to the large castle. You must have the Wizard's Verge in order to enter to final stage. Place the verge in the alcove and enter the teleporter.
I hope this helps.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

drdrake wrote:and closed the trapdoor...
SpoilerShow
I hope you didn't forget to go down or jump into this trapdoor before it was closed?.. 8-)
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
drdrake

Post by drdrake »

Thanks for the tips.

I just finished the mod. It was really fantastic, probably the Grimrock 1/2 Mod I have enjoyed the most after Komag's Master Quest for the original. Very atmospheric and genuinely scary sometimes. Thanks for all the work you put in, Slayer82.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Thanks for playing it, Drdrake. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks to Nathaniel for always helping players when they're stuck, too. :D

My other mod is slowly coming together, so I hope you try it.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Slayer82 wrote:Thanks...
Slayer82 wrote:My other mod is slowly coming together, so I hope you try it...
I will definitely play it! Nice news!.. Image

But first I'll re-rerun the new version of "Isle of Deranged". I have not played it yet...
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Marphyre

Post by Marphyre »

Finished and gotta say, bravo sir, bravo!!

An awesome mod, and I thank you for your time for my enjoyment!!! MUCH appreciated sir!!!

Any ETA on your next totally wicked mod???