The Legend of the Lost Dwarf Kingdom of Kahrak'arul

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
MasterworkStone

Re: The Legend of the Lost Dwarf Kingdom of Kahrak'arul

Post by MasterworkStone »

OGDA wrote:I'm pretty sure it's closed.
Even if I am mistaken about that, my entire party is starving because I took longer than you expected, it's now near impossible to continue playing as my party no longer has health regeneration and deals half damage, this is a bad thing. The only way I'm even going forward is by making healing potions out of my huge supply of herbs.

Always give the player more food than you think they might need because it can easily bring a dungeon to a complete halt if there's no more food.
Azel

Post by Azel »

I am certainly no advocate of the starvation feature in Grimrock, but insisting that someone "always give more food" in their Mod is quite silly. There are many reasons to give little food, or even no food at all. Fighting at half damage could be the intent, to force new strategies. It could be that the reward for enduring a dungeon while starved is worth the struggle.

Besides, since excessive "resting" can quickly deplete even the largest food supply, there really is no way to judge just how much food is enough. Play-tests will reveal if there is a food shortage, but this Mod has already been adopted and accepted - and beaten. So clearly it is playable with the food ration distribution that currently exists.
MasterworkStone

Azel wrote:I am certainly no advocate of the starvation feature in Grimrock, but insisting that someone "always give more food" in their Mod is quite silly. There are many reasons to give little food, or even no food at all. Fighting at half damage could be the intent, to force new strategies. It could be that the reward for enduring a dungeon while starved is worth the struggle.

Besides, since excessive "resting" can quickly deplete even the largest food supply, there really is no way to judge just how much food is enough. Play-tests will reveal if there is a food shortage, but this Mod has already been adopted and accepted - and beaten. So clearly it is playable with the food ration distribution that currently exists.
Here's the thing though, it's not just one place, I've received barely any food all throughout the campaign.
My mage is next to useless now because all my mana potions are gone and I no longer have any herbs for more. Starvation ruins any magic focused character and essentially removes them from the party.
Jkiller

Post by Jkiller »

MasterworkStone wrote:
Azel wrote:I am certainly no advocate of the starvation feature in Grimrock, but insisting that someone "always give more food" in their Mod is quite silly. There are many reasons to give little food, or even no food at all. Fighting at half damage could be the intent, to force new strategies. It could be that the reward for enduring a dungeon while starved is worth the struggle.

Here's the thing though, it's not just one place, I've received barely any food all throughout the campaign.
My mage is next to useless now because all my mana potions are gone and I no longer have any herbs for more. Starvation ruins any magic focused character and essentially removes them from the party.
Wait, what? Are you kidding me? The entire campaign is FILLED with food. I swear I had to throw away food because I was so stacked up and I actually spent alot of time on this campaign, didn't rush through it or anything. I have no clue as to why you're running low on food, but a short amount of it ingame is not the reason.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Jkiller wrote:
MasterworkStone wrote:Here's the thing though, it's not just one place, I've received barely any food all throughout the campaign.
Wait, what? Are you kidding me? The entire campaign is FILLED with food. I swear I had to throw away food because I was so stacked up and I actually spent alot of time on this campaign, didn't rush through it or anything. I have no clue as to why you're running low on food, but a short amount of it ingame is not the reason.
I played thru this mod on hard with 2 battle mages 2 wizards being all lizardman with fast metabolism and no alchemy in almost 21 hours and the only time i ran low/out of food was in the very last area before the end boss because i wanted to kill every monster there.

I can understand MasterworkStone's point that certain areas have little to no food but there are also areas where the party can stock up. IIRC most food stocks in this mod are located at the end of an area and assuming that one does not overfeed his characters or rests a lot there is enough food from start to end. True, at times it seems that there is so much food one is tempted to leave some behind which is what JKiller refers to. Yet there are also shortages you have to pass thru so .. better don't.
MasterworkStone

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Jkiller wrote:
MasterworkStone wrote:Here's the thing though, it's not just one place, I've received barely any food all throughout the campaign.
I played thru this mod on hard with 2 battle mages 2 wizards being all lizardman with fast metabolism and no alchemy in almost 21 hours and the only time i ran low/out of food was in the very last area before the end boss because i wanted to kill every monster there.

I can understand MasterworkStone's point that certain areas have little to no food but there are also areas where the party can stock up. IIRC most food stocks in this mod are located at the end of an area and assuming that one does not overfeed his characters or rests a lot there is enough food from start to end. True, at times it seems that there is so much food one is tempted to leave some behind which is what JKiller refers to. Yet there are also shortages you have to pass thru so .. better don't.
right, which is what got me, I didn't pick up every single bit of food thinking there would be plenty later on only to find out I was sorely mistaken.
Azel

Post by Azel »

"Skill" in a game isn't just limited to decisions made on a mouse and keyboard. Skill also applies to "judgement calls" made throughout the game. Your current skill level told you to leave food behind, then you suffered the consequences of that bad decision. And instead of going back to get the food you left behind, you decided (another judgement call) to come to the forum to tell the Mod creator that he should give you more food.

Skill... it definitely comes in many forms.
trouba

Post by trouba »

I just encountered the
SpoilerShow
turbo snail
HI-LA-RI-OUS :shock: :D :lol:
My wife came to find out why am I rolling on the floor, and she laughed, too :)
OGDA

Post by OGDA »

^^ :)
GABO

Post by GABO »

I have completed pyramids levels but i just find that i have just 3 (not 4) Gear keys. Maybe i have somewhere forget to take one. Can you please write the location of them? Thank you.