The Legend of the Lost Dwarf Kingdom of Kahrak'arul

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Guardian82

Re: The Legend of the Lost Dwarf Kingdom of Kahrak'arul

Post by Guardian82 »

Dear Ogda/Joerg and team, thank you VERY much for this fantastic piece of fun you've created.

I can't even begin to imagine how much time you've spent making, testing and fixing this monumental mod. It was amazing from start to finish and it was a blast to play it with my 6 year old son along - his sheer joy he was showing on the idea of getting to the Lost Kingdom helped me to persevere. Yes some puzzles were tough, yes the adventure was difficult but that's what it's all about after all - to overcome the challenge and prevail. Ending was also great (no spoilers but wooow at the graphics).

Words cannot describe my respect and gratefulness for this work of art. You've made a great story, masterfully executed. We've laughed, we've jumped from some nasty surprises and we've sweat under the pressure. It was one hell of a journey!
kingrilian

Post by kingrilian »

I have just downloaded the mod from Nexus and it saves as "The Legend of the Lost Dwarf Kingdom of Kahrak'arul v1.04-18-1-04" is this the version you refer to as "Game Version: 2.1.9" - I did play the game a while ago and it crashed at the lower levels because I didn't have the latest version. Its a great game but I don't want to crash again. If this is not the version you refer to - how do I get it
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

kingrilian wrote:I have just downloaded the mod from Nexus and it saves as "The Legend of the Lost Dwarf Kingdom of Kahrak'arul v1.04-18-1-04" is this the version you refer to as "Game Version: 2.1.9" - I did play the game a while ago and it crashed at the lower levels because I didn't have the latest version. Its a great game but I don't want to crash again. If this is not the version you refer to - how do I get it
Quote from Nexus:
You need at least version 2.1.17 of Legend of Grimrock 2.
This was the LoG2 version available when the mod was developed - November 2014!
In case you're still running such an old or even older version of LoG2 you really need to update your installation.
The current versions are 2.2.4 for Windows and 2.2.6 for Mac.

Nevertheless several scripts in this mod have problems. At certain points using (quick)saving and (quick)loading can cause crashes. Therefore my advice is to use at least one named save game slot along the quicksave slot to prevent losing too much progress.
kingrilian

Post by kingrilian »

Steam updates every time I log on. It may be obvious but how can I find which version of LoG2 I have installed? I don't want to start this game and play several hours again before it crashes. I must add that the several hours I have played have been very enjoyable and I have no criticisms at all.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

kingrilian wrote:Steam updates every time I log on. It may be obvious but how can I find which version of LoG2 I have installed?
LoG2 version is always shown in the bottom-left corner of the main menu.
kingrilian

Post by kingrilian »

I have been playing this game since it first came out and have tried and completed most mods but I never noticed that. -I now have version 2.2.4. Thanks very much for that - I will now try again!
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

kingrilian wrote:I now have version 2.2.4...
Do not worry, please! :)
Version 2.2.4 is the newest and latest update of the game. You can play absolutely any unofficial addon for this game. At least, I didn't have any critical problems. Although my computer is far from new and I'm playing from under XP. In addition, perhaps a few crashes while maintaining the game. Carefully read the descriptions for some supplements. For example, the game can crash at high graphics settings in the "Eye of the Atlantis".
As a rule, the author usually warns about this in the description!
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Legend of Grimrock II 2.2.4
kingrilian

Post by kingrilian »

In the Chambers of the Servants,
SpoilerShow
I have 5 of the serpent objects required but am missing the sceptre. I am pretty sure its in the room with the 16 trap doors. I have followed the directions from the northeast room:- high eagle, running nose duck, man, dinosaur, and the whirlwind but the next step forward, which I assume are the blocks for the pyramid lands me on the floor bellow
I must be missing something obvious can any one help please

Cancel - little more concentration and its done!
Last edited by kingrilian on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kobus2010

Post by kobus2010 »

As everyone knows ... this mod rocks. But I am stuck in the lower catacombs at the portal/plate puzzle. I saw the walkthrough video, all 5 rocks hit their mark but the message never happens and the door never opens. Is there a way to trigger that event?
lisior

Post by lisior »

Apologize for posting this in the wrong thread, but I'm out of options - on an off chance, did anyone of you play another of Drakkan's mods, this time Eye of the Dragon (EOB2 remake of sorts) for the original Grimrock? If so could you please share with me the solution for the both colourful gems puzzles? One of them is referred to as the Rainbow. I'm totally stuck and hints in the other thread aren't helping me - plus the other thread seems inactive.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4708&start=520

Apologize for the cross post but I'm quite desperate LOL