The Legend of the Lost Dwarf Kingdom of Kahrak'arul

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Zo Kath Ra

Re: The Legend of the Lost Dwarf Kingdom of Kahrak'arul

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

lisior wrote:Apologize for posting this in the wrong thread, but I'm out of options - on an off chance, did anyone of you play another of Drakkan's mods, this time Eye of the Dragon (EOB2 remake of sorts) for the original Grimrock? If so could you please share with me the solution for the both colourful gems puzzles? One of them is referred to as the Rainbow. I'm totally stuck and hints in the other thread aren't helping me - plus the other thread seems inactive.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4708&start=520

Apologize for the cross post but I'm quite desperate LOL
Can you upload a savegame for each puzzle?
It's been a while since I've played EotD, but I'm sure I'll remember the solution when I see the puzzle again.
lisior

Post by lisior »

Zo Kath Ra wrote:
lisior wrote:Apologize for posting this in the wrong thread, but I'm out of options - on an off chance, did anyone of you play another of Drakkan's mods, this time Eye of the Dragon (EOB2 remake of sorts) for the original Grimrock? If so could you please share with me the solution for the both colourful gems puzzles? One of them is referred to as the Rainbow. I'm totally stuck and hints in the other thread aren't helping me - plus the other thread seems inactive.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4708&start=520

Apologize for the cross post but I'm quite desperate LOL
Can you upload a savegame for each puzzle?
It's been a while since I've played EotD, but I'm sure I'll remember the solution when I see the puzzle again.
Thank you Zo Kath Ra, just got a message from Drakkan and will try his solution :)
2beast

Post by 2beast »

in lower levels - there is no light to follow - any thing i missed that should start it - the walkthrough on u-tube shows a light on the floor - is there a time of day this works or something i missed? any help would be appreciated
zerodaunholy

Post by zerodaunholy »

Hi. Can someone help me with this? This secret area, I tried but I don't get it. Here's a photo that will help you? Thanks y'all! :)

And here's another, I really suck with puzzles. :/

DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

Hello, congratulations to the creation team of this mod, I passed it first in NORMAL difficulty (25 hours of gameplay), and then in HARD trying to discover all the secrets (16 hours of gameplay already knowing the puzzles), in both cases without resorting to any guide on the Internet. When I pass the game, although apparently I have everything discovered in the maps and all the ends tied in the summary of the statistics in the final scene, it tells me: Levels visited 34 of 35. Seeing that in these statistics there are more incorrect data (such as secrets), I think it is an error.

Are there 5 skulls and 9 epic items in total?

On the other hand, I wanted to comment an error that almost drove me crazy. In the abandoned structure, the puzzle of walking in the dark, I could not solve it with the logic for having "renderity quality" in "low" (my graphic card is a GTX 650 of 2012 which is not very powerful), if you have this feature in low you can't see the light on the ground and you can't solve this puzzle, it would be good that this was solved, if possible.

Thank you very much and greetings from Spain!
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

2beast wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:06 pm in lower levels - there is no light to follow - any thing i missed that should start it - the walkthrough on u-tube shows a light on the floor - is there a time of day this works or something i missed? any help would be appreciated
In the in-game video options set "Rendereting quality" to "High", that light is only seen with that option enabled, if your graphics card is slow you can set it back to "Low" after finishing that puzzle, I spent the whole game in "Low" (I use a GTX 650, soon I will buy a GTX 1660 TI) and that problem only exists in that area.

It would be good that the mod creators release an update to fix this.

Greetings!
cencul

Post by cencul »

I really enjoy this mod, unfortunately when entering the "Abandoned Structure Lower Levels" the game crashes every time. I tried everything, with the same result - lowering the resolution, reinstalling, but to no avail.
This is the grimrock.log:
=== Software Failure ===

#script_entity_88.script:4: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
[string "ScriptInterface.lua"]: in function 'castSpell'
#script_entity_88.script:4: in function <#script_entity_88.script:1>
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
[string "FloorTrigger.lua"]: in function 'activate'
[string "FloorTrigger.lua"]: in function 'update'