The Legend of the Lost Dwarf Kingdom of Kahrak'arul

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Dr.Disaster

Re: The Legend of the Lost Dwarf Kingdom of Kahrak'arul

Post by Dr.Disaster »

OGDA wrote:Crystals / difficulty / alchemists:
That IS already mentioned in the mod description. ;-)
All playtests before release where without alchemists.
True it's on the Nexus page (I didn't scroll down that far ;) )
MasterworkStone

Post by MasterworkStone »

Why did you add this? This was a spectacular dungeon up until this

This took me three hours
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

MasterworkStone wrote:This took me three hours
Huh? Took me three minutes, a pen and a sheet of paper.
MasterworkStone

Dr.Disaster wrote:
MasterworkStone wrote:This took me three hours
Huh? Took me three minutes, a pen and a sheet of paper.
Well some of us would like to use our wits alone
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Playing "Simon" does not require wits, only an increasing amount of memory.
hyppyp

Post by hyppyp »

Haha MasterworkStone, I had the same WTF reaction when I saw this wall. And not for the first and the last time either..... But all the puzzles are solvable and often easier than you (initially) think! Had that 'impossible' timepuzzle yet? :)
knightmire

Post by knightmire »

Just finished this mod and yeah, it's the best Grimrock mod I've ever played!
I actually stopped playing Inquisition to play through this!
As many have said here before me; the use of party banter was excellent and added a lot of depth, even if some of the jokes were groan worthy (we were warned).
Everything went semi smoothly but I did hit a few bugs here and there. At least, I assume they were bugs and not just there to frustrate us.
Here's the list and how I got around the issues...

Abandoned Structure: Where the lights are triggered to go out. Game crashed. Solved by updating game version to 2.1.17. I didn't know what version I had or I'd have pre-updated per the mod info.

Long Forgotten Path: The puzzle where you have to walk on the see-through floor and only step on each spot once. The spaces I step on failed to vanish and even after trying NUMEROUS times with my own answer or after following the video exactly the door never opened and tiles never vanish. Game is already updated to 2.1.17 so I used the console cheat to open door.
(to try and fix the next bug I tracked down the 2.1.18 update and loaded an earlier save, tested and this was solved. Seems like this issue may require game version 2.1.18)

Mines: The puzzle where you have to create the shape of the key. For starters, the clue is very vague. I have no way of knowing that what I "seek" is keys because I have never seen, nor do I have access to, the room that shows me the locks. Now on to the perceived "bug". Many sections of the orange floor and at least 1 blue tile (5 or 6 tiles) of this puzzle seem to have invisible walls as if there is already a block there. I'm unable to walk on many tiles and can't push the blocks over them. Eventually I ended up following the video and found that some "walls" do seem to let me push the right block through even though I couldn't walk there. Honestly, trying to solve this without the video was an exercise in frustration. Even after knowing the "design", the invisible walls make it very difficult and even worse for someone that solves issues with a trial and error mindset. I updated to 2.1.18 hoping this was a bug that would solve itself but the invisible walls remain.

Final boss: Received a game crash error during the boss fight. The keyword here seemed to be 'tiledamager', I took a screen shot but im not about to type that whole mess out. :)

End game: Walk out of cave and see the castle etc. Walk one step forward and become trapped in invisible box. Am I supposed to just shut the game down here? Characters are saying goodbye but would be nice to know I have to manually close out and not expect any credits or anything. :)

That's it. Excellent work otherwise. Even with the bugs at least you guys are here to offer the solutions or cheats and videos to get by and keep it from being a game breaker!
Well done, Mod endorsed.
OGDA

Post by OGDA »

Hi,

except for the end screen everything you listed unfortunately are bugs.
The reason why they are still in there is that they only seem to appear only on about 1 computer out of 10 or 20 (hard to find out real numbers).

Originally I didn't expect at all that a closed development editor could cause such massive different errors on different gaming stations with the exact same dungeon layout and code.
As these bugs do not occur on any computer the mod was playtested on, there's no way I can fix them.

I can only hope that for the majority (which doesn't post in the forum as without a bug there's no reason for that :-P) no bugs should occur like on the testing computers.

Kind regards,
Joerg
MasterworkStone

Found a mistake.
In the tomb of the sperent lords, you left this secret open, I never had to push this button.
SpoilerShow
OGDA

Post by OGDA »

I'm pretty sure it's closed.