[Mod] Crashed

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
santres

Re: [Mod] Crashed

Post by santres »

Hi,

I have enjoyed your mod, really awesome work! I have especially loved that the story is not linear and you have to go back sometimes.

I'm at the end, but one problem left.
SpoilerShow
I'm missing the second mine key. I think I got one from the Southlands but where can I find the another? You mentioned ogre, but where it is?
Curak

Post by Curak »

santres wrote:Hi,

I have enjoyed your mod, really awesome work! I have especially loved that the story is not linear and you have to go back sometimes.

I'm at the end, but one problem left.
SpoilerShow
I'm missing the second mine key. I think I got one from the Southlands but where can I find the another? You mentioned ogre, but where it is?
Hey there! Glad everyone is enjoying the mod!

As for your question
SpoilerShow
There is an ogre in south east corner of Mirror Lake, hes pretty tough if you find him early, but he can fall in the water and die. If he does he still drops the key but it might be hard to find as a charging ogre can go several squares before actually falling in the water
santres

Post by santres »

Thanks for your help. Still one question:
SpoilerShow
I now have all extra essences, but how can I change them into essence of balances?
Curak

Post by Curak »

santres wrote:Thanks for your help. Still one question:
SpoilerShow
I now have all extra essences, but how can I change them into essence of balances?
There's a bit of a hint in the snake temple but
SpoilerShow
placing an essence in the opposite forge (while the forge is active) will create an essence of balance, so you must visit all four forges and have found all eight essences
Lagrange

Post by Lagrange »

This mod looks great!

But I may have overlooked something, as I haven't find a mortar in the first levels. Any help would be appreciated... [SOLVED]
Last edited by Lagrange on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Azel

Post by Azel »

I really like how the Hud Text comes up with tips (like suggesting the Compass before leaving the beginning area). Well thought out!
Lagrange

Post by Lagrange »

In the swamp I just encountered a Problem (for the first time ever in LoG2):
SpoilerShow
#swamp_boss_ambush_1.script:15: attempt to index global 'Temple_guard_1' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
#swamp_boss_ambush_1.script:15: in function <#swamp_boss_ambush_1.script:13>
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
[string "FloorTrigger.lua"]: in function 'activate'
[string "FloorTrigger.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
Edit: In a second run, it didn't occur...
Curak

Post by Curak »

Lagrange wrote:In the swamp I just encountered a Problem (for the first time ever in LoG2):
SpoilerShow
#swamp_boss_ambush_1.script:15: attempt to index global 'Temple_guard_1' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
#swamp_boss_ambush_1.script:15: in function <#swamp_boss_ambush_1.script:13>
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
[string "FloorTrigger.lua"]: in function 'activate'
[string "FloorTrigger.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
Edit: In a second run, it didn't occur...
I know what part of that map its referencing but I'm not good at grimrock error messages. It seems like you may have somehow avoided a spawn trigger or killed one of the boss guys who spawns before you started the boss fight, I tried to avoid letting that happen but I'll take a look and see if thats possible.
severgates

Post by severgates »

Hello
First of all congrats- I'm having lots of fun while playing your mod :) Monsters are not overpowered (maybe Sandworms are bit tough, but not impossible to beat). Riddles are carefully designed but not impossible to solve. Maps are intriguing with some hidden goods. Great work.
But of course I have some problems with solving riddles and need help.
SpoilerShow
1. Where to find Iron Key needed to open Boss Fight in Rat Sewers?
2. Higher Catacombs in Wastelands- "Show that you know ways of death" riddle. I've found Embalmer's Pants in Lower Catacombs (hidden switch) but don't have keys to progress through and don't have an idea what to put into niches?
3.I've found Essence Temple in SE Wastelands location, where you have to put 4 essences in proper places to progress through. I've already found Earth Essence and Air Essence (left it somewhere in Castle where there was also Air Temple and I've got scroll "the archer may become tempest". Do I have to get Air Essence back from temple in Castle?
4. Cannot find a skull key needed in Miralk's Tomb on Swamp.
5. Rat Sewers location- near door with Boss Battle is a place, where are four plates on walls with inscriptions about order of doing something with them. I cannot figure out what are they reffering to.
Pls help
Curak

Post by Curak »

severgates wrote:Hello
First of all congrats- I'm having lots of fun while playing your mod :) Monsters are not overpowered (maybe Sandworms are bit tough, but not impossible to beat). Riddles are carefully designed but not impossible to solve. Maps are intriguing with some hidden goods. Great work.
But of course I have some problems with solving riddles and need help.
SpoilerShow
1. Where to find Iron Key needed to open Boss Fight in Rat Sewers?
2. Higher Catacombs in Wastelands- "Show that you know ways of death" riddle. I've found Embalmer's Pants in Lower Catacombs (hidden switch) but don't have keys to progress through and don't have an idea what to put into niches?
3.I've found Essence Temple in SE Wastelands location, where you have to put 4 essences in proper places to progress through. I've already found Earth Essence and Air Essence (left it somewhere in Castle where there was also Air Temple and I've got scroll "the archer may become tempest". Do I have to get Air Essence back from temple in Castle?
4. Cannot find a skull key needed in Miralk's Tomb on Swamp.
5. Rat Sewers location- near door with Boss Battle is a place, where are four plates on walls with inscriptions about order of doing something with them. I cannot figure out what are they reffering to.
Pls help
Hey there, sorry for the slow response! lets see if i can help you out with all of these...
SpoilerShow
1. They key for the sewers boss is located in the crystal caverns off of the Southern Highlands, be warned the Crystal Caverns is a tough zone and the sewer boss is even harder.
2. The other embalmers pieces are scattered around the game in small crypts.
3. You would have to retrieve the air essence to place it in the temple.
4. The skull keys are behind the embalmer armor puzzle, and are used in places where you found the embalmer armors.
5. The plaques are referring to themselves, if you visit them in the order they list, it will solve a riddle.

Another hint: the scrolls from the altars talk about items you can place on an altar, while the essence is powering it, to create new items. These are very helpful if you go for the harder alternate ending!
Hope this help! I'm glad to hear your enjoying it. I've got some free time on my hands now and I may be adding another end boss to the optional ending path.