Princes of Pale Moon

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
hyppyp

Re: Princes of Pale Moon

Post by hyppyp »

Ah I missed the hub key in the alcove, it was kinda hard to spot. Ok, on my way again! Thanks....
hyppyp

Post by hyppyp »

Succesfully ended this mod after 6 hours of playing and finding 17/22 secrets. Time for a verdict... :)

I liked this mod very much, it was the first mod for LOG2 that I played, and I admire the author for his excellent and _quick_ work! To build such an extensive mod within a couple of weeks after the original game came out is an achievement on its own. But apart from this speed Princes of Pale Moon was real fun to play. It has an excellent story (although a tiny bit too much notes and text at times), no real flaws, good atmosphere (loved the rat and the forest!) and some epic fights. The Prince Alric bossfight was the toughest by far. I found out you are supposed to chicken out this fight at first, but i guess no-one does ;) The puzzles are quite simple, so it's really a get in/kill all kind of game. I rate Princes of Pale Moon 8/10, good fun!

One minor drawback for me was that some areas and fights were _really_ slow, I played it on a laptop with a 1 gb graphical card. So fast hardware is needed.
Jkiller

Post by Jkiller »

Completed this mod after a little under 4 hours. Good job on the mod. I enjoyed it from start to finish. I would've liked it if there were some more puzzles in the game (not too complicated/hard ones though). But I found that to be one thing I longed a bit more for. But all things considered, great mod and I liked it alot.

I also have to agree with the previous guy regarding some areas being slow. I had no problem running the actual game (LoG 2), but during this mod, especially in the forest areas, it lagged a lot. I have no clue as to what could've caused that, but it was a bit annoying.
Echoplex

Post by Echoplex »

Thanks Jkiller and hyppyp for the feedback. I wasn't aware of an FPS issue in the forests and will continue to monitor. Thanks again guys
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

Just finished the mod; very nicely done, i enjoyed it very much, thank you for creating it :)
Some minor bug/feature: the fight with the 2 princes of the pale moon in the graveyard; the way down to the conduit is closed, but you can bypass the gate by going thru the walls there, you land on the stairs down then . Where you can rest and go up again to continue fighting the 2 princes.
2 thumps up !
Echoplex

Post by Echoplex »

Flohaxn wrote:Just finished the mod; very nicely done, i enjoyed it very much, thank you for creating it :)
Some minor bug/feature: the fight with the 2 princes of the pale moon in the graveyard; the way down to the conduit is closed, but you can bypass the gate by going thru the walls there, you land on the stairs down then . Where you can rest and go up again to continue fighting the 2 princes.
2 thumps up !
Thanks Flohaxn for the heads up on the bug as well as the feedback. The bug has been corrected now.
mrgo0se

Post by mrgo0se »

Hi Echoplex,

Great custom map, very enjoyable. Finished it in 5:55. Solo imported character, hard difficulty. You clearly have a talent for level design and story. I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Some feedback: As others have pointed out, perhaps the story was a little too extensive in comparison to the size of the adventure. However it definitely contributed to the atmosphere and I enjoyed it so a thumbs up for that.

Puzzles : Again as has been mentioned before I would have liked to have seen more puzzles included, The puzzles you did include were good if in need of a little tweaking to make them great.

The spinning corridor puzzle was fun if in need of a little bit of polish.

The halls of wisdom puzzle was a nice concept that could have been been tightened up in the logic to make it clear what was going on once the player had got the idea.

The bridge/crystal button/transporter puzzle was again a nice idea that could have been extended a little to make it great.

The graveyard pit puzzle into the spiked room was probably the weakest imo and felt a bit rushed.

Your boss fights were nicely balanced on the whole and very enjoyable. The medusa/snakes with the fireball pressure plates being probably my favourite.

The jailer needes some additional monsters in the room to make him more of a challenge.

One last thing. The barking dog sound effect in the forest sounded very out of place. The atmosphere of an eerie forest filled with evil spirits was great right up until that dog barked which made it feel more like a local park filled with joggers, picnic tables and couples out for a romantic stroll. I'm also pretty sure that dog wouldn't have lasted very long before being ripped to pieces by the numerous Wargs that were roaming about.

Reading that back it maybe sounds a bit harsh. Please take it as constructive criticism as I did really enjoy the map.

Cheers.
Soaponarope

Post by Soaponarope »

Best mod from what I have seen so far. Good looking and atmospheric. Could use some more puzzles and I didn't like the pressure plates leading to the crypt due to mixing instant death with trial and error. All in all though, a fun mod through to the end.

The barking dog sound is just part of the standard night forest ambient so he would have had to make new tracks or use none to get rid of that.
Echoplex

Post by Echoplex »

Appreciate the feedback folks thank you.
nekhara

Post by nekhara »

Very nice !!
really enjoy, nice story !

Thanks a lot