Princes of Pale Moon

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
fatrem

Re: Princes of Pale Moon

Post by fatrem »

Thanks for your mod, good time. Very efficient and great vibes.
albirdia

Post by albirdia »

Hey I have two problems, one I only have two stones, I think the one I am missing is the one form the Magisters room. Can someone confirm where that is? Also the room called the Experimentation room where you have to fight waves of mobs 3 at a time. I can barely get past the first was. Any advise on that?

Thanks.

Also I think started this mod saved over my gameplay save state, is this the case or will I get it back after I complete this mod? thanks!
bacchus1974

Post by bacchus1974 »

i have a problem i have find ornate key but i d on t understand where i must go tu use this key i am block here...

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... 100001.jpg

thanks for your help
MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless »

I just finished playing this mod and wanted to say thanks and give my thoughts and feedback. I got back to Grimrock 2 recently, and this is first custom dungeon I tried.

First, the dungeon worked perfectly, no (real) bugs for me. The ominous sound track and overall mood kept me on the edge of my lazy chair, and the story was good. I played on normal with new party, and felt the difficulty was comparable to the original game, although some parts may be less forgiving if you have a weak party. Also, I imagine on hard difficulty it would be much tougher than the original game (which I normally play on hard). I did die and have a reload several times and two of my characters died in the experimentation room battle, although I made it through almost all the big battles on first try and didn't want to reload those, plus still had lots of bombs and potions left by the time I finished. Puzzles were fine, on the easy side. Overall, I was very happy with the mod and would recommend it to others. It was fun.

Second, minor improvement suggestions:
-in the room that explodes in fire, you can walk through some of the grates (this bug doesn't really brake anything).
-after the final battle, which I didn't realize would be final until it was finished, I would have liked to go back and still explore a bit more but the mod didn't allow this. I still had an ornate looking Tomb Key that I hadn't found a use for and 1 secret not found, plus a bit of the last dungeon left unexplored. (I quick saved after the final battle and then didn't have a convenient save before it to go back to.)

Third, my party for those interested - they made it to level 10, except my fast learning human reached 11. I was very happy with this party and felt it was strong for this mod:
-Front row battle mage tank. Insectoid (quick, chitin armor), armor 4, concentration 2, air 3, fire 5 for meteor storm, but I only got that at the very end. Mostly he used fireburst and shock, plus utility spells (light, forcefield, shield, invisibility). This guy was MVP early on and necessary later. Had orb/wand in one hand, shield in the other, full crystal armor at the end. Gave this guy 3 (?) tomes of knowledge and at least 1 tome of health.
-Front row heavy weapon barbarian tank. Lizardman (resistance to elements, aggressive), heavy weapons 5, armor 4, accuracy 2. Solid damage dealer with two handed weapons, although slightly lacking behind the back row guys because I needed to spend the points in armor early on, and later didn't have critical skill to do specials with end game heavy weapons (but I feel good accuracy is more important early on).
-Back row alchemist. Human (skilled, fast learner), alchemy 5, throwing 5, accuracy 3. Solid damage dealer with throwing axes in one hand and knives in the other. Gave most strength potions to her. Archmage's robes for resistances and healthy boost with bear claws and pelt.
-Back row dual wielding rogue. Minotaur (head hunter, aggressive), light weapons 5, accuracy 3, critical 3. Light strength based weapons. Wore rogue armor mixed with gauntlets of fire and bear skull helmet, dealt lots of damage since didn't have to use points in armor.

Finally, thanks to the developer and I'd recommend this mod to others.
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi,
I am too slow, so the burning cells explode in my face, nothing to say against that but .... this occurs:
SpoilerShow
=== Software Failure ===

[string "SoundSystem.lua"]:0: OpenAL error in alGenSources: Invalid Name
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'play'
[string "SoundSystem.lua"]: in function 'playSound3D'
[string "GameObject.lua"]: in function 'playSound'
[string "Animation.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
EDIT: the issue occurs even after a successful escape of the room, so I use console to jump across to the next corridor.
I don't notice any other issue.
It's a nice mod, thanks for your work, I wait for the next :)
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?
Lagrange

Post by Lagrange »

Thanx! This is one of coolest Custom Dungeons, I played so far.
But as I read the previous posts, I'm not smart enough... I stuck in the dungeon benath the cemetary and don't know, how to go on. I ran away from Prince Alaric. And don't know how to go on. Can anybody help, please?
MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless »

Lagrange wrote:Thanx! This is one of coolest Custom Dungeons, I played so far.
But as I read the previous posts, I'm not smart enough... I stuck in the dungeon benath the cemetary and don't know, how to go on. I ran away from Prince Alaric. And don't know how to go on. Can anybody help, please?
I think you are almost finished with that dungeon (for now) if you already encountered Alaric. Did you not find a key for the castle gates? If you didn't, then keep searching. If you did, then leave the dungeon and use it.
Lagrange

Post by Lagrange »

Yes, I didn't understand, I have to go back to the forest and into the Castle.
I just finished the dungeon and defeated Krell. I actually liked that very much. Very entertaining, thanx a lot for that dungeon!
ian363

Post by ian363 »

First thanks for the game, I know it is a lot of effort. Can you tell me how to get passed pressure plates in cemetery. I try and die, load, try different pattern, die, repeat... Thanks Ian

Edit It's OK I've lucked it.
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Hi guys! :)
Please hint... Where to find the green gem? I dug up all the treasures, secrets found 17 out of 22, red and blue gems at me. And that's where the green? I can't go further...
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Legend of Grimrock II 2.2.4