[MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3j

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Pompidom

Re: [MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3j

Post by Pompidom »

Kirill wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:29 pm
Pompidom wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:34 pm
Kirill wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:07 am Finished mod. On Hard.

Good and bad.
The mod was aimed to be balanced around Normal difficulty from the start. And did a very good job at it. And was never meant to be played on Hard difficulty.

The mod was also created when there was not much custom stuff or info available on how to do things.

The mod was also created to stay under the 2 GB memory allocation limit of 32 bit applications under Windows.

Considering it was made several years ago, it was hands down one of the best custom mods around back then.

What good mods for LoG2 do you recommend? Like 5 or 10 best mods that you've played.
If you don't like puzzles, and you want harder combat mods, then you won't find it here.
90%+ of the LoG2 mods are just terrible, and the few mods that are at least worth playing are "puzzle only" mods.

You've already finished Eye of Atlantis and the guardians, so the only mod left for you to try out is Magic of grimrock if you want harder combat than the default campaign.
Cave wizard

Post by Cave wizard »

Pompidom wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:08 pm You've already finished Eye of Atlantis and the guardians, so the only mod left for you to try out is Magic of grimrock if you want harder combat than the default campaign.
Funny that you say that, because I found Magic of Grimrock to be very easy even on hard difficulty. It's not that hard in general, and once you get spells like the one that slows down time or the one that doubles your stats, you can walk all over anything. The only exceptions I remember are the spider pit in the mines for being an arachnophobe's nightmare (and I think I got there earlier than intended as the other available areas were a large step back in difficulty afterwards) and the final boss. The latter is only hard because it either has an insane amount of shield or, more likely, is bugged. If one can spend a good half hour of hitting the boss' magical shield with zero sign of progression, it's probably bugged.
MoG isn't a bad mod, but when my overall impression was "good, but the new spells make things too easy" I wouldn't say that it's a good mod to play for difficult combat.
spartacus55

Post by spartacus55 »

hello everyone :D
I have to find 5 bones for the thieves guild quest ;)
I only found 3 :oops:
where can I find the other 2? :?:
Thanks in advance :)

sorry for my bad English
I'm Italian :P