[MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3j

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
sapientCrow

Re: [MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3j

Post by sapientCrow »

Water Breathing Helmets are bugged... the water breathing spell lasts as long as normal air time and then you start drowning. Only fix is to unequip and equip again.
Wenex

Post by Wenex »

Is there any type of "reroll" or "reset" of your ability points so you can customize the characters? If not, then is there a way to add your own custom characters into the save in any way? I barely started playing the mod and I encountered 2 preset characters which joined me and I was curious if there's more choice later on. Would appreciate the answer!
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Wenex wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:57 pm Is there any type of "reroll" or "reset" of your ability points so you can customize the characters? If not, then is there a way to add your own custom characters into the save in any way? I barely started playing the mod and I encountered 2 preset characters which joined me and I was curious if there's more choice later on. Would appreciate the answer!
nope. you always end with the same 4 chars, but you are allowed to customize them (altough it is quite clear you will not redo wizard to fighter). You can later on buy "free" points and if I remember corectly there is item which allows you reset all the points for one char.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

sapientCrow wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:24 pm Water Breathing Helmets are bugged... the water breathing spell lasts as long as normal air time and then you start drowning. Only fix is to unequip and equip again.
it´s not a bug. It´s a feature ! :D
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Drakkan wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:33 pm
Wenex wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:57 pm Is there any type of "reroll" or "reset" of your ability points so you can customize the characters? If not, then is there a way to add your own custom characters into the save in any way? I barely started playing the mod and I encountered 2 preset characters which joined me and I was curious if there's more choice later on. Would appreciate the answer!
nope. you always end with the same 4 chars, but you are allowed to customize them (altough it is quite clear you will not redo wizard to fighter). You can later on buy "free" points and if I remember corectly there is item which allows you reset all the points for one char.
Can you tell what use for Campfires? Water flasks?

Also can you spoil what use is "Trophy" skill, only for 1 secondary quest - or what you can craft with it?
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Finished mod. On Hard.

Good and bad.

Good.

Nice NPC-party system. Good quests. Nice shop and selling. Some skills are good like Trophy (you want i!) Fights are challenging (due to invisibility and force field removed in party, and due to weak stats/no traits of your party).

Bad.

Mod have some very unfair fights. You get dropped and 2 party members broke legs and party cant move? Enjoy being surrounded by 3 boss-level ice lizards.
Quality of mod is also poor, many bad textures. Some places game works very slow, levels feel empty. Some skills are 99% useless and are traps (undead slayer), for some new skills you will hardly get enough points.

This is not best mod, i do not understand praise. 3,5 out 5. A lot good points, a lot bad points. Far from perfect but above average mod quality due to some interesting points like party-building, shops, quests.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Also Hard is not recommended. Some parts you will be melted in 2-3 seconds and can do little about it.

There is reason all youtubers and even author play on easy/normal. Snake pit, slimes battle, acid worm fight, mage ogre fight - and final parts without 100% fire resist for all (good luck). Doable, but need a lot planning in advance/reloads. Not because you bad as player but because things designed in author in such a way that you have to fight like 5-6 enemies in row without being able to avoid any hits by moving, i.e. being cornered or put in center and attacked from all directions by script.
Cave wizard

Post by Cave wizard »

I've played an hour or two of this mod. Wandered around, looked around the city, got the second character. Not to be rude, but I think this mod is in severe need of an editor. There are a lot of misspellings, grammar mistakes or just plain poorly written text. Here's an example.
Thanks I may join you Ascalon. Be closed up inside the lab is like beeing a rat inside a maze. I am sure I can provide you some help, dont worry i won't be useless.
For a mod that focuses so much on the story, this is a huge blemish. It would take me out of the game in general, but when the story gets this much focus compared to the base game, or other mods that I've tried, I think it's a pretty glaring flaw. It's kind of like making a mod that focuses on curling, and then half-assing the curling.
Aside from that, some of the game mechanics that you've added are so-so. The NPCs and shops, for example, feel a bit low quality. I can forgive that though, seeing as the base game doesn't support any of those mechanics. Still, it feels a bit jarring to walk onto an empty tile and get thrown into a conversation with an invisible guard.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Kirill wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:07 am Finished mod. On Hard.

Good and bad.
The mod was aimed to be balanced around Normal difficulty from the start. And did a very good job at it. And was never meant to be played on Hard difficulty.

The mod was also created when there was not much custom stuff or info available on how to do things.

The mod was also created to stay under the 2 GB memory allocation limit of 32 bit applications under Windows.

Considering it was made several years ago, it was hands down one of the best custom mods around back then.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Pompidom wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:34 pm
Kirill wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:07 am Finished mod. On Hard.

Good and bad.
The mod was aimed to be balanced around Normal difficulty from the start. And did a very good job at it. And was never meant to be played on Hard difficulty.

The mod was also created when there was not much custom stuff or info available on how to do things.

The mod was also created to stay under the 2 GB memory allocation limit of 32 bit applications under Windows.

Considering it was made several years ago, it was hands down one of the best custom mods around back then.

What good mods for LoG2 do you recommend? Like 5 or 10 best mods that you've played.