[MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3j

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Isaac

Re: [MOD] - Eye of the Atlantis - version 3j

Post by Isaac »

Update the game to current. The mod expects features that didn't exist in earlier versions. You need version 2.2.4

breezen

Post by breezen »

nice mod. i played it before and downloaded the latest version and i get bugged in the graveyard weight challenge :oops: the weights are 6-4-2-1 but the door stay closed. also for some reason the graveyard key didn't spawn once. i had to load a previews save and luckily its spawned the 2nd time
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

breezen wrote:nice mod. i played it before and downloaded the latest version and i get bugged in the graveyard weight challenge :oops: the weights are 6-4-2-1 but the door stay closed. also for some reason the graveyard key didn't spawn once. i had to load a previews save and luckily its spawned the 2nd time
Hi breezen. do not use stackable items for weight puzzle like coins etc. its not calculating precisely with it. Otherwise no bugs were reported here so far. You need visit gravekeeper for key to be spawned.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
LethalBlade

Post by LethalBlade »

I just discovered this awesome mod. I think it's the best LoG mod I've played yet, and I'm having lots of fun with it. Thank you for your efforts. I have a question, is there any way to get this mod to run stable with high resolution textures? I have 12 GB of RAM, and a 3 GB video card (GTX 780i), and I'm wondering if you know of any settings or tricks I can use to run high rez textures without the save crash.
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

LethalBlade wrote:I'm wondering if you know of any settings or tricks I can use to run high rez textures without the save crash...
At the time of the first walkthrough of the addon my system requirements were several times less than yours. I only had 3 GB of RAM and 512 MB of video memory. I've played on Windows XP Service Pack 3. All the settings in the game except for resolution and SSAO were set to maximum. Resolution 1152х864 played in full screen mode. My monitor has the ability to set the mode to 4:3.

If interested, here is part of configuration file...
SpoilerShow
-- options
resolution = "1152 x 864"
displayMode = 1
verticalSync = 1
renderingQuality = 2
textureResolution = 3
textureFilter = 3
shadowQuality = 2
ssaoQuality = 1
maxDrawDistance = 245
fogParticles = true
muteMusic = false
muteSounds = false
musicVolume = 0.25373134328358
soundVolume = 0.35074626865672
arrowIcons = false
oneClickCasting = false
disableDamageTexts = true
hideItemProperties = false
mouseLook = true
invertX = false
invertY = false
autoSave = true
tabletMode = true
cameraBobbing = true
tooltipDelay = 0
maxFrameRate = 60
debugInfo = false
console = true
consoleKey = 192
windowPosX = nil
windowPosY = nil
editorWindowPosX = nil
editorWindowPosY = nil
editorWindowWidth = nil
editorWindowHeight = nil
The resolution of textures has always exhibited the maximum. Nevertheless, the whole game went without a single departure.
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Legend of Grimrock II 2.2.4
flatline

Post by flatline »

Drakkan:
THANK YOU

This mod is amazing. It rivals the main game campaign and probably beats it. Both me and my gf are playing it and taking turns in the evenings so as not to spoil too much for the other. We both love it.

One question that I haven't found an answer to: What am I supposed to do with the
SpoilerShow
golden chalice found at the sleepers throne room? If I try to sell it, as the item tip suggests I should, the game crashes.
Amazing mod.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

flatline wrote:Drakkan:
THANK YOU

This mod is amazing. It rivals the main game campaign and probably beats it. Both me and my gf are playing it and taking turns in the evenings so as not to spoil too much for the other. We both love it.

One question that I haven't found an answer to: What am I supposed to do with the
SpoilerShow
golden chalice found at the sleepers throne room? If I try to sell it, as the item tip suggests I should, the game crashes.
Amazing mod.
Hi flatline
thanks a lot for your kind words. I hope you will (both) complete the adventure .)
as for the golden chalice, what is the error exactly and where are you selling it? I am unable to replicate the problem, chalice is really supposed to be sold for one gold coin anywhere.
Eye of the Atlantis
flatline

Post by flatline »

Oh, I was just curious if it had a purpose beyond selling, but its not a quest item at all then. I tried to sell it in the thieves guild but it gives the following message:
=== Software Failure ===

#script_entity_8.script:412: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'payment2' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
#script_entity_8.script:412: in function <#script_entity_8.script:396>
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
[string "Button.lua"]: in function 'activate'
[string "Button.lua"]: in main chunk
[string "GameObject.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Clickable.lua"]: in function 'onClickComponent'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'mousePressed'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

flatline wrote:Oh, I was just curious if it had a purpose beyond selling, but its not a quest item at all then. I tried to sell it in the thieves guild but it gives the following message:
=== Software Failure ===

#script_entity_8.script:412: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'payment2' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
#script_entity_8.script:412: in function <#script_entity_8.script:396>
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
[string "Button.lua"]: in function 'activate'
[string "Button.lua"]: in main chunk
[string "GameObject.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Clickable.lua"]: in function 'onClickComponent'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'mousePressed'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
oh thanks i can see error in the script now. You can sell chalice in Pale vilage or Conwill city, it should work fine, only Guild alcove is sligtly bugged.
Eye of the Atlantis
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

LethalBlade wrote:I just discovered this awesome mod. I think it's the best LoG mod I've played yet, and I'm having lots of fun with it. Thank you for your efforts. I have a question, is there any way to get this mod to run stable with high resolution textures? I have 12 GB of RAM, and a 3 GB video card (GTX 780i), and I'm wondering if you know of any settings or tricks I can use to run high rez textures without the save crash.
There is only 3 possibility :
1st : you buy a mac os x computer and Grimrock 2 for mac, because the mac executable is programmed to workd on 64 bit os, that helps a lot with the memory problems, you will no more have any crash related to that.

2nd : you patch your grimrock.exe with the NT Core 4GB patche. That will add more memory to the executable then, it will stays as a 32 bit application, but with a larger memory attribution, that will avoid any crash related to memory usage (because of the number of objects or additional textures/sounds/things added in the mod). (Sorry if that's not the right words, I'm not a programmer)
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
I use this on my mod, and it works perfectly.

3rd : you ask Almost Human to make a pc computer's 64bit executable for Christmas ;)
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505