The Tomb of Sorez 2 [Now with Non-Steam link!]

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Sorez

The Tomb of Sorez 2 [Now with Non-Steam link!]

Post by Sorez »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =331035477

Nexus Link for Non-Steam Users: http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/2/?

Workshop Description:

~~

The sequel to the Legend of Grimrock 1 map, the Tomb of Sorez.

The party has now escaped the Tomb, as its insides collapsed behind them. They enter a land where everything has changed. It has become corrupted with Sorez's undying spirit, and is now much more dangerous then before when entering the tomb.

They must now explore this land to find a way to escape into the portal to the north, but is Sorez truly going to let them escape that easily?

~~

Playtime: 1 hour to 1 hour and a half.
Recommended Difficulty: Normal
[Tested with a new party, on Normal Mode]

~~

End of Workshop Description.

Anyways, some of you guys may remember me posting my first ever map, The Tomb of Sorez, here on the forums in August 2013. Well now I'm here with my second ever map, made in Grimrock 2! I've learned a lot from my last map, but still not all that great at map making, especially with all the new stuff in this editor! And sadly I had to rush making it a bit, because of college and assignments keeping me busy, so I'm sorry if some areas are bland or it's too short overall!

Feel free to tell me what you guys think!
Last edited by Sorez on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Drakkan

Re: The Tomb of Sorez 2

Post by Drakkan »

I exit trough left underwater tunnel in the first area map and got stucked bercause it is leading inside marsh stones with no point of return. Please fix such basic errors.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
ScroLL

Post by ScroLL »

I bought the game through GOG and not Steam. It doesn't look like Steam will let me download the dungeon even though I have a Steam account =/
Sorez

Post by Sorez »

Drakkan wrote:I exit trough left underwater tunnel in the first area map and got stucked bercause it is leading inside marsh stones with no point of return. Please fix such basic errors.
Could you tell me where exactly? I thought I blocked off all the river exits.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it, fixed it, updating mod. Thanks!

And yeah, the stress of waking up at 5:30am every day really makes me miss stuff like this, Im extremely sorry, Drakkan.
Sorez

Post by Sorez »

ScroLL wrote:I bought the game through GOG and not Steam. It doesn't look like Steam will let me download the dungeon even though I have a Steam account =/
Has the Grimrock 2 nexus been made yet? Would upload it there for non-steam users!
Batty

Post by Batty »

I like that last pic with slimes on the magic bridges, which makes me wonder what happens when a monster falls on the party?

I did have a monster teleport onto the party in the game and it destroyed it but never fall on the party.
Sorez

Post by Sorez »

Batty wrote:I like that last pic with slimes on the magic bridges, which makes me wonder what happens when a monster falls on the party?

I did have a monster teleport onto the party in the game and it destroyed it but never fall on the party.
Would be interesting to see :P
Alan1149

Post by Alan1149 »

Sorez wrote:
ScroLL wrote:I bought the game through GOG and not Steam. It doesn't look like Steam will let me download the dungeon even though I have a Steam account =/
Has the Grimrock 2 nexus been made yet? Would upload it there for non-steam users!
just upload the .dat file to any file hosting site, that should work fine until nexus makes a section for grimrock 2
Sorez

Post by Sorez »

Had a couple of updates on the map. Update notes from the workshop:
SpoilerShow
Update: 24 Oct @ 7:30pm
Fixed River Map error.
SpoilerShow
Update: 26 Oct @ 12:25pm ( edit )
Fixed possibility to get stuck in the Mines with the door closing behind you and never opening.

Fixed the stairs in the mine leading you down to damage.
SpoilerShow
Update: 26 Oct @ 3:31pm ( edit )
Added five skulls to the world.

Added more pellets around the world.

Added some detail to the south of the cemetery.

Removed the zarchtons in the forest's entrance river, to give easier access to the first Mortar.
SpoilerShow
Update: 26 Oct @ 3:49pm ( edit )
Added a second staff.

Added two more guns.
Sorez

Post by Sorez »

Oh wow, my map is number one in the workshop this week, and second of all time! I'm surprised! :D