Grey Island mod(WIP)

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
ratman

Grey Island mod(WIP)

Post by ratman »

I have decided to start making a new mod for Grimrock, and hopefully by posting it here I'll be more likely to keep working on it. :lol:
I've finished a few levels, two bossfights, and a sort of hub level with a merchant.
Here's some screenshots of what I have so far:

SpoilerShow

Some new monsters too:
first bossfight:
SpoilerShow
Story intro: You had heard stories of the famed Grey Island since you were young, with the ruins of a ancient civilization and untold riches, not to mention a huge source of magical power. You and three of your friends finally saved up enough money to buy a boat, and driven by your greed set out to find this renowned island...

Basic Level outline:

(Contains Spoilers!)
SpoilerShow
There is not much new mechanics yet, there is a new alchemy system and I am considering adding crafting. There is going to be NPCs and merchants, also hopefully side quests. I also am considering adding new classes and races, and new skill mechanics. I've decided to change firearms a bit: now every firearm has a clip, most with just one bullet. They all have higher backfire & malfunction chances, and lower cooldowns. (Sadly this means none of them can have real power attacks) :(

There is a few custom assets that I made myself, mostly just retextures with different stats, no new models or animations. (Yet?)

Note: there is a lot of community assets used in this, I'll release the credits along with the mod.
Last edited by ratman on Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Isaac

Re: Grey Island mod(WIP)

Post by Isaac »

Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

ratman wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:18 pm I have decided to start making a new mod for Grimrock, and hopefully by posting it here I'll be more likely to keep working on it. :lol:
Looks good!
If you need testers, even in this early development stage, just let us know.
ratman

Post by ratman »

Thanks for the feedback!
I've decided to change firearms a bit: now every firearm has a clip, most with just one bullet. They all have higher backfire & malfunction chances, and lower cooldowns. (Sadly this means none of them can have real power attacks) :(
I have finished the second bossfight, and a sort of hub level with a merchant.
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Looking good, will be playing it when it is released
hyteria

Post by hyteria »

good job , we wait for release ;)
ratman

Post by ratman »

I have added a few more levels, and am currently redisigning/ expanding the first one. I'm working more on cooking and crafting mechanics, and I've created a basic plan of all the levels:

(Contains Spoilers!)
SpoilerShow