The realm of Zarqedoc

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Kirill

Re: The realm of Zarqedoc

Post by Kirill »

Many areas are just copy pasted.

I have 25+ lockpicks (!) because they are just copy-pasted as loot. You also get 80 ammo as loot. All 4 areas of city? You need always 3 keys to get to next area of city.

Found 1 puzzle in bank, need to convert to decimal and some other programmer shit in RL to solve.

Not worth it. I honestly played 5 hours, wanted to like but it is copy-paste of almost everything.
AdrianKnight

Post by AdrianKnight »

I appreciate all comments. I appreciate also negative comments, because they help me to improve my modding skills.

But I want to explain something about this mod:
Yes, I copy pasted many elements but I did it purposely and not for laziness.
In this mod I wanted to create outdoor areas just like they appear.
I have 25+ lockpicks (!) because they are just copy-pasted as loot.
I must explain this choice. In this mod the total number of lockpicks is perfectly balanced with the total number of locked chests present in all game areas. But I decided to put more lockpicks than chests only in the four Ulqerak town areas because only in these areas chests contain essential keys necessary to progress further in the game. All other chests contain additional items. So it could appear as a casual loot spawning, but it is not.
You also get 80 ammo as loot.
Yes. There are many pellet boxes. I don't like when the party run out of ammo. If we use skillpoints in firearms we should always have the possibility to use firearms, in my opinion. Further in the game there is also the possibility to create pellet boxes and cannon balls.
All 4 areas of city? You need always 3 keys to get to next area of city.
Only in the four areas of Ulqerak town. It is repetitive just like many outdoor areas in many first person rpgs I played in the floppy disks era. The other areas are progressively less repetitive.
Found 1 puzzle in bank, need to convert to decimal and some other programmer shit in RL to solve.
This is perhaps the most difficult and strange puzzle of the whole mod. But it is absolutely optional, not necessary to progress further in the game.
Not worth it. I honestly played 5 hours, wanted to like but it is copy-paste of almost everything.
Thank you anyway for your comments.
I will try to produce a different mod next time.
Last edited by AdrianKnight on Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

AdrianKnight wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:14 pm I appreciate all comments. I appreciate also negative comments, because they help me to improve my modding skills.

But I want to explain something about this mod:
Yes, I copy pasted many elements but I did it purposely and not for laziness.
In this mod I wanted to create outdoor areas just like they appear.
I have 25+ lockpicks (!) because they are just copy-pasted as loot.
I must explain this choice. In this mod the total number of lockpicks is perfectly balanced with the total number of locked chests present in all game areas. But I decided to put more lockpicks than chests only in the four Ulqerak town areas because only in these areas chests contain essential keys necessary to progress further in the game. All other chests contain additional items. So it could appear as a casual loot spawning, but it is not.
You also get 80 ammo as loot.
Yes. There are many pellet boxes. I don't like when the party run out of ammo. If we use skillpoints in firearms we should always have the possibility to use firearms, in my opinion. Further in the game there is also the possibility to create pellet boxes and cannon balls.
All 4 areas of city? You need always 3 keys to get to next area of city.
Only in the four areas of Ulqerak town. It is repetitive just like many outdoor areas in many first person rpgs I played in the floppy disks era. The other areas are progressively less repetitive.
This is perhaps the most difficult and strange puzzle of the whole mod. But it is absolutely optional, not necessary to progress further in the game.
Thank you anyway for your comments.
I will try to produce a different mod next time.
I mean it is always 80 ammo. It is always 5 arrows. It is always 5 darts.
You almost always find lockpick on body. Most of citizens of city were thiefs? Why so many of them carried 1 lockpick?
Why add 4 same areas with "find 3 keys, 1 key per chest" if you can do just 1 such area?
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

AdrianKnight wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:52 am This is a known problem especially in the first area (Ulqerak dungeon). Opening all that doors can be very boring. But I left it as it is because I wanted the area to appear as a real dungeon and so I thought that strange rooms or strange puzzles could be inappropriate from this point of view.
How about... It is magickal prison for mages. And you got here by mistake, you are not high level mage, but just was thrown there for false crime.
So in magickal prison they need some traps to keep mages inside.

Or you start in prison which is connected to old civilization ruins, you break wall in your prison room and enter catacombs with puzzles?
AdrianKnight

Post by AdrianKnight »

I agree with all these considerations.
But I did some choices for balancing and technical reasons.
I mean it is always 80 ammo. It is always 5 arrows. It is always 5 darts.
This is true. It is very unrealistic, infact the numbers should vary so that loot could have a realistic feeling.
I decided to keep fixed numbers (80 for ammo, 5 for arrows, 5 for quarrels, 5 for darts) for an easier items count through the dungeon editor, during the balancing (the editor can give the total number of a certain item, but not the total count associated with it). I could have changed the count numbers later (huge work, anyway) but I did not. Perhaps I will correct this in the next update.
You almost always find lockpick on body. Most of citizens of city were thiefs? Why so many of them carried 1 lockpick?
I agree. It is unrealistic that so many citizens had 1 lockpick with them. But I left so many lockpicks in these areas to facilitate locked chests opening. Infact only in these areas locked chests do contain essential keys.
Why add 4 same areas with "find 3 keys, 1 key per chest" if you can do just 1 such area?
I agree also in this case. I wished to build a bigger town, compared with the other four towns, so I decided to use four areas for it.
But, considering the similar features of these four areas, it would have been a better choice to build just one area for Ulqerak town.
If I could replan the entire mod, I would build just one area for Ulqerak town. Anyway, in oldest rpgs this repetitiveness was a common feature.
How about... It is magickal prison for mages. And you got here by mistake, you are not high level mage, but just was thrown there for false crime.
So in magickal prison they need some traps to keep mages inside.

Or you start in prison which is connected to old civilization ruins, you break wall in your prison room and enter catacombs with puzzles?
Thank you. These are very good ideas.
I will consider these ideas if I will produce another mod.
Torst

Post by Torst »

SpoilerShow
Iam stuck at the bank.Got the hint but can't figure out the binary code.
AdrianKnight

Post by AdrianKnight »

SpoilerShow

I am sorry, but I found just now a serious bug in this puzzle.
In the alphabetical count I did not consider the following letters: "j", "k".
So your calculations will not give you the right code to open the secret door.
I will correct this in the next update.

I give you the correct code:

In the bank, lever up stands for 0 and lever down stands for 1.

Anyway, this is an optional puzzle.
AdrianKnight

Post by AdrianKnight »

I uploaded a new version of this mod.
Ulqerak bank puzzle (optional) was bugged, infact the note contained wrong instructions to obtain the access code.
Now the note contains directly the code. In this way, the puzzle is no more bugged and is also more simple
(in the first version it was too complex).
Last edited by AdrianKnight on Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spartacus55

Post by spartacus55 »

Coongratulations for the mod !!!! ;)
I would need a little help... :D
What is the answer to "Golden Mask Riddle" ??? :shock:
tahnks in advance for the answer :)

sorry for my bad english
I'm italian
AdrianKnight

Post by AdrianKnight »

Thank you !!!! :)

Golden mask riddles are optional and only useful to obtain golden keys or special items.
Golden keys are only useful to obtain special items.

The first golden mask riddle is located in Ulqerak swamp and the answer to the riddle is:
SpoilerShow
echo
I speak italian so if you have other questions you can write me private messages in italian.