[uMod] Gem Sockets on Melee Weapon

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
JohnWordsworth

[uMod] Gem Sockets on Melee Weapon

Post by JohnWordsworth »

This mod adds support for 'gem sockets' on mid-range melee weapons - i.e. weapons that aren't already powerful and weapons that aren't just a branch or pick-axe. It also adds a few types of gems that you can add to those weapons to add small bonuses to those weapons (+3 Attack Power, +3 Accuracy, +5 Crit Chance, +5 Pierce or +5 'Condition Chance'). Some weapons can hold 1 gem and others up to 4 gems.

Notes
  • This mod uses the new 'uMods' system that is currently only available in the 'nutcracker' branch. For more information about this, see the Merry Christmas Thread in the Modding forum. uMod support also only seems to be available on Windows at this time (even using the branch).
  • You may wish to use the uMod Manager to enable this mod. Without the manager, to install this mod, you should unzip it into your "Almost Human/Legend of Grimrock 2/Mods" directory and add an entry to the mods.cfg file. If neither of these exist after running the game, you are probably not running the beta version with the uMods feature (see previous point).
  • This mod will inject the new weapons into the main game dungeon. When using the dungeon that comes with the main game, a random gemstone is added to every chest in the game so that you can play with this feature. It will, naturally, make the game a little easier (due to the fact your weapons will be more powerful) but hopefully not in a game-breaking way. If you are a veteran, you may want to play the game on hard mode.
  • I mostly put together this mod to play with uMods and act as an example of how you might make similar mods in the future. I'll probably get very busy again soon and not have time to do many fixes, but if there are glaring issues - I will try to fix them!
Enjoy

Version 0.1.0
Sample Video of Mod in Action
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
petri

Re: [uMod] Gem Sockets on Melee Weapon

Post by petri »

Amazing! A very good demo of what can be done with umods. Thanks for making this! :D
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Thanks for the kind words! I absolutely love that you can use uMods to add new ways to play the base campaign. I hope to see some cool ideas in the future (and could definitely see some 'randomizers' appearing!)
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

petri wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:01 pm Amazing! A very good demo of what can be done with umods. Thanks for making this! :D
Much respect to you. Did you play other mods for your game? I only know "The Guardians" which is professional quality (no bad textures, careful balance, and elements original LoG sadly lacked like trading and home base).

What big game do Almost Human plans to do?
billb52

Post by billb52 »

Hi all, Happy New Year!
All this about umods, how do I get the umods?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

It's a Steam Beta branch that you must opt in for.

See: http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic ... 22&t=18608
petri

Post by petri »

Kirill wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:03 am Much respect to you. Did you play other mods for your game? I only know "The Guardians" which is professional quality (no bad textures, careful balance, and elements original LoG sadly lacked like trading and home base).
I haven't played many mods. Spending probably close to 10000 hours in the dungeons has left me scarred that way. :D

btw. we intentionally left out trading and home base from both LOGs because we wanted to emphasize exploration and the feeling of being utterly alone against the environment.

At the moment there are no new projects in development at AH. Everybody's simply too busy with their other projects.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

petri wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:13 am
Kirill wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:03 am Much respect to you. Did you play other mods for your game? I only know "The Guardians" which is professional quality (no bad textures, careful balance, and elements original LoG sadly lacked like trading and home base).
I haven't played many mods. Spending probably close to 10000 hours in the dungeons has left me scarred that way. :D

btw. we intentionally left out trading and home base from both LOGs because we wanted to emphasize exploration and the feeling of being utterly alone against the environment.

At the moment there are no new projects in development at AH. Everybody's simply too busy with their other projects.
Thank you for answer and Happy New Year.

Hopefully Almost Human will come together and make new LoG3 (or another title of such highest quality (i have 1000+ hours in it and mods).