[Beta] Grimrock 2 Randomizer

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
7Soul

Re: [Beta] Grimrock 2 Randomizer

Post by 7Soul »

Zo Kath Ra wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:46 pm @7Soul

Why don't you upload these files to https://www.nexusmods.com/ ?
I will when it's not beta anymore
Join the LoG discord server: https://discord.gg/ArgAgNN :D

My Mods
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

Update 1.6.2:

- Fixed save file crash related to the Ice Guardian Figurine alcove in Wormbound Catacombs
- Fixed save file crash related to Spore boss fight

(1.6.2 quick fix)

- Fixed a Spore boss crash introduced by fixing the previous Spore boss crash

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fVITVT ... sp=sharing

My Mods
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Greetings to all Grimrock lovers! :)
I really like mod "Randomizer", I've played it several times. But I'm not very pleased every time I have to turn on the console in the middle of the game to enter a tip that creator posted on the mod page on Nexus Mods in the "Changelogs" section.
Fixed a crash during Spore boss battle. If your current save is crashing you'll have to break the boss a little to get past it by pasting these two lines into the console: spores_timer.timer:removeConnector("onActivate", "spores", "tick") and spores_door.door:open().
Because of this, I have a request for the author 7Soul or someone who knows how to fix this problem in the "Randomizer" code. Please help me to make corrections in the code so that I don't have to activate the console every time. I play without a console...
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Legend of Grimrock II 2.2.4
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

Nathaniel wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:08 pm Because of this, I have a request for the author 7Soul or someone who knows how to fix this problem in the "Randomizer" code. Please help me to make corrections in the code so that I don't have to activate the console every time. I play without a console...
I have uploaded a new version (1.6.5) https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimr ... ?tab=files

Reminder that you have to start a new game in the new version, there's no way to fix bugs in existing save files

My Mods
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

7Soul wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:44 pm I have uploaded a new version (1.6.5)
Awesome! Let me give you a huge thank you! :D :D :D
For your time and attention. Your mod for me is the coolest at the moment, brings a lot of fun and unexpected surprises to the original game.
7Soul wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:44 pm Reminder that you have to start a new game in the new version, there's no way to fix bugs in existing save files
It goes without saying. Great incentive to replay and generate new adventures!
By the way, I started writing down the numbers that the randomizer gives on the screen at the very beginning of the game. I understand correctly that there is no repetition of these values. Or is the number of these values limited after all?
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

Nathaniel wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:09 pm By the way, I started writing down the numbers that the randomizer gives on the screen at the very beginning of the game. I understand correctly that there is no repetition of these values. Or is the number of these values limited after all?
Yeah I need to give it a new number otherwise the randomizer will produce the exact same result. In this case I just grab the time elapsed since you opened the game and multiply it by 1000. So technically there are only about as many variations as how much time you spend before the map started

I'm not even sure why I show the number at the start, as there's no way to set the number for yourself in a future run (unless I used the number in the code of the mod itself). I had the idea of doing it in case multiple people wanted to race with the same randomized results, but it's easier to just start a game and share the save file

My Mods
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

7Soul wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:54 pm I just grab the time elapsed since you opened the game and multiply it by 1000. So technically there are only about as many variations as how much time you spend before the map started
Hmmm!... So, the more I sit in the main menu before starting a new game, the more interesting the result might be?
That's an interesting idea!

Well, good luck to you and thanks again for the fix!

If you'd like, I invite you to see a few variations (link1, link2, link3) of my walkthrough of your mod.
That's three different walkthroughs of the "Randomizer". :)

===== ===== ===== ===== =====
And small wishes, if you suddenly decide to continue working on the modification:
1. In the original game there is no "Frostbolt" scroll. Maybe it should be added to the scrolls that are already there?
2. Flies (shrakk_torr) on "hard" are VERY(!!!) aggressive and appears at "Forgotten River". They kill with a couple of bites inexperienced heroes.
3. Is it possible to add to the game Goromorgs and Ogres from the first part of LoG?
4. Please do not change the firearms! ))) Its capabilities are just fine against the background of the meager weapons from the original game!
5. The first fight with "Viper Roots" can be "drained" by starting the fight several times in a row. Different monsters are generated each time. Can't this be fixed so you can't simplify your own battle?
6. If a toad is generated in the first fight (Viper Roots), it can jump behind the rocks near the "golden door" and the fight can not be finished. Obvious bug.
7. Leprechaun only throws fire bombs. Could it be equipped with freezing or electric bombs?
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

Nathaniel wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:22 am Hmmm!... So, the more I sit in the main menu before starting a new game, the more interesting the result might be?
No no, it just makes it sure that you won't get the EXACT same results as on another run by making the number "random"

I'm not going to work on this mod anymore because I actually have a new randomizer I've been (slowly) working on using Umod. It does things a lot more cleanly and will work with custom dungeons

(but man, this Toad thing could be a problem >_<)

My Mods
2498billb

Post by 2498billb »

Hi 7Soul
Played your latest beta of the mod 1.65, and on entering the Herder's Den killing most monsters
I tried to do a save and the game crashed, here is the log:
Game loaded

=== Software Failure ===

spores: cannot serialize table with metatable
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'saveValue'
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'saveValue'
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'saveState'
[string "GameObject.lua"]: in function 'saveState'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'saveState'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'saveGame'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'quickSave'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'keyPressed'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'pollEvents'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

Do not know if this is a bug, I tried numerous times with the same crash
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

2498billb wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:15 pm Played your latest beta of the mod 1.65, and on entering the Herder's Den killing most monsters
I tried to do a save and the game crashed, here is the log:
I confirm that too... The problem with the inability to save remained. Although the grate at the entrance to the battle zone after the destruction of all spores now began to open.
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7