[Beta] Grimrock 2 Randomizer

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Torst

Re: [WIP] Grimrock 2 Randomizer

Post by Torst »

Torst wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:19 am
edited by Zo Kath Ra
to make the image link clickable
Thx Zo,don't want to post it this way.
7Soul wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:59 pm If the problem is that the Trickster doesn't open the door, it's been fixed in the last update. Unfortunately I don't know if it's possible to continue from where you left off in the new version
Must start a new run ,yes.Thx for your work !
Willigamer

Re: [Beta] Grimrock 2 Randomizer

Post by Willigamer »

Hey 7Soul :)

I have had this problem for a few days now but I didn't really get a chance to warn you so I'm doing it now.
I had made a save in Keelbreach Bog and when I reload my game at that level, I get this strange error message that appears when loading the game :

Code: Select all

[string "Surface.lua"]:0: could not resolve object reference with
id potion_dexterity_759_r (referenced by dungeon_alcove_71)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	[string "Surface.lua"]: in main chunk
	[string "GameObject.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'gameLoaded'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'loadGame'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
Otherwise I found two little bugs/errors that I guess shouldn't be there?
:arrow: When Trickster dies in Twigroot Tunnels, he drops 2 notes. One which is the original and another note which is completely empty
:arrow: Some of the rocks dropped by summons stones look like the sword of Nex with the name "Nothing" when picked up and nothing else for this item. Is this intentional? :P
"Always become the one you are, be the master and the sculptor of yourself"
My LoG2 Mods :
  • Legend of Island : Coming Soon
  • Sanctuary Antique : One day maybe...
Torst

Post by Torst »

Willigamer wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:22 pm Hey 7Soul :)

I have had this problem for a few days now but I didn't really get a chance to warn you so I'm doing it now.
I had made a save in Keelbreach Bog and when I reload my game at that level, I get this strange error message that appears when loading the game :

[string "Surface.lua"]:0: could not resolve object reference with
id potion_dexterity_759_r (referenced by dungeon_alcove_71)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	[string "Surface.lua"]: in main chunk
	[string "GameObject.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'gameLoaded'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'loadGame'
Got the same messages.Sometimes christalsaves/autosaves are working,sometimes quicksaves.
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

Just fixed that one, it was a bug with how I put items back into the alcoves after randomizing them. When there are multiples in the same tile (like in the flooded cache) all the alcoves think the item belongs to them

If you guys want, I can fix your saves using the Save Editor, just send me the save file via PM, or add me on discord: 7Soul#5761
Join the LoG discord server: https://discord.gg/ArgAgNN :D

My Mods
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

Beta 1.3 Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AaTeTu ... sp=sharing

Changelog:
  • Item scaling changes
    • Early game items have lower stats
    • Items are now less likely to have multiple properties, specially if it already has a special property such as immunity, blessing or skill level bonus
    • Items now more likely to have a negative stats (low ones usually)
  • New item property: bonus to skill levels
    • Gives +1 to a skill
    • Ultra rare early (0.001%) and rare late (1%)
    • Will add/remove traits as expected
  • New item property: blessings and curses
    • Adds two effects, one positive and one negative
    • These effects have 4 types of triggers: "per nearby enemy", "under 20% hp", "under 50% hp" or "when an enemy dies"
    • Very rare early (0.2%) and rare late (4%)
  • New melee secondary attack: Ice Crash
  • Bows may get an enchanted arrow effect which can cause status effects
  • Fire Elementals should no longer appear in the twigroot forest
  • Monsters are now 10% stronger (+ health and damage)

My Mods
Torst

Post by Torst »

7Soul wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:00 pm If you guys want, I can fix your saves using the Save Editor, just send me the save file via PM, or add me on discord: 7Soul#5761
Thx for your help but i got a worked savegame with less lost on progress.

I think i start a new run from scratch with version 1.3 later.
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

For anyone thinking about playing the beta: WAIT

I've almost figured out how to fix the throwing weapon issue

Aaaaalmost

My Mods
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Just started up (v1.3) but ran into this crash on Shipwreck Beach:

mod_assets/scripts/monsters/skeleton_archer.lua:75: attempt to index field 'data' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	mod_assets/scripts/monsters/skeleton_archer.lua:75: in function <mod_assets/scripts/monsters/skeleton_archer.lua:74>
	[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
	[string "Monster.lua"]: in function 'rangedAttack'
	[string "Skeleton.lua"]: in function 'think'
	[string "Brain.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Monster.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
	[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
I then started a new game but ran into the same error, this time in Twigroot Tunnels.

Also, small issue while I'm at it: Everytime I down a monster the console prints "def 1 1 speed 2 9". I'm pretty sure this is linked to an item with the following stats:
SpoilerShow
Neck Chain
Health +2
Vitality +2
Energy Regeneration Rate +2%
Wearer gains immunity to starvation and burdened conditions
Gain +1 Evasion per nearby enemy
-9% Action Speed when under 20% health
Willigamer

Post by Willigamer »

Well, for my part, I tried to finish version 1.1. After another crash in the alcoves (due to a puzzle) I created a new game just to finish this mod directly in the castle, and I succeeded! :D
However after doing the fight against Lindworm, I hurried to finish the game by doing the secret fight against the Master and Trickster. And it's impossible to finish the fight because during the transition between Trickster and the master, the transitions are bugged and repeat in a loop, making an infinite number of these 2 characters appear in the same place (I will send you a video).

Otherwise, with all the little mistakes I have seen, I thought it would be better if I made a list of them all :lol: I don't know if most of the bugs listed have been fixed with new updates so just ignore them if that's the case.
  • I don't remember if you did this in the new updates, but if not, there are these problems with multiple items in alcoves and crashing
  • one of the chest in Keelbreach Bog isn't buried (Id swampTreasure)
  • Orul's Crypt - Laboratory : in the first room, some of the items placed in the altars don't disappear and are added with the new ones
  • I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it's possible to cross "spiders walkers" and "twigroots dormants" in some levels
  • Pyramid of Umas - Burial Chambers : the Moonblade and Wand of Fear used to solve the riddle are replaced by other random weapons and therefore the riddle can no longer be solved
  • Pyramid of Umas - Tomb of the Guardians : the portcullis door doesn't open after killing the random monsters in the room...
  • all treasure maps have disappeared? I was never able to find any during the whole game (except for the map of Sleet Island and the scroll archives on the Lexiconary level)
  • random boss fights in the catacombs are deactivated immediately after starting the fight
  • Barren Desert : one of the magma golems drop 2 power gems instead of one
  • Barren Desert : the game crash when you find the secret cube

Minor problems
  • some monsters spawns on top of each other, this must be due to the rats swarms placed on of another monster in the vanilla game I think
  • the torches originally placed in the torch holders no longer emit light on all pyramid levels & castle levels (you should look in the Flooded Dungeon level, there is a torch holder that produces light without torch :lol:)
  • some areas where monsters don't appear, such as the ice guardian at the beginning of Ruins of Desarune or in the part of Sanctuary in the Orul's Crypt, where there are absolutely no monsters spawns (for example)
  • some item bonuses doesn't apply. I had found a shield with +40 Accuracy and the bonus doesn't apply when I equip it
  • I don't know if it is bad luck or not, but skeletons troopers seems to do a lot of damage even with a high level party? (~20-25 dmg with 95 protection on a character) Even the medusa does less damage to my party
I noticed at the end that some of the items you get by discovering secrets are even worse than the ones you get at the beginning of the game. I remember the secret room, Tomb of the Guardians area in the Pyramid of Umas (which is a little hard to reach) I recovered a simple Warhammer that was barely ~40 damage with no other particular bonus... I was really disappointed to have done all that for nothing.
Is it also bad luck or are the items found in secret areas all generated as "simple found items"?

Otherwise, I wanted to tell you that your idea of the system of random generation of items and monsters proves to be a very nice idea, it makes me think a bit like Magic of Grimrock which does the same thing with spells and for potions. Maybe there will be a special Grimrock 2 remake project one day? ;)
"Always become the one you are, be the master and the sculptor of yourself"
My LoG2 Mods :
  • Legend of Island : Coming Soon
  • Sanctuary Antique : One day maybe...
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

That's an A+ beta report! Thanks for being so thorough. I'll be working on these soon
I noticed at the end that some of the items you get by discovering secrets are even worse than the ones you get at the beginning of the game. I remember the secret room, Tomb of the Guardians area in the Pyramid of Umas (which is a little hard to reach) I recovered a simple Warhammer that was barely ~40 damage with no other particular bonus... I was really disappointed to have done all that for nothing.
Is it also bad luck or are the items found in secret areas all generated as "simple found items"?
I've addressed this recently to some extent. Early game items have their stats cut by half now, and strong weapons that appear very early will lose some base damage as well (like finding a Bane in Twigroot Forest)

But that's the nature of a randomizer. Idk if you've seen stuff like Zelda and Metroid randomized, where finding 5 rupees from the boss chest is normal. I did make every chest and most secret locations generate 1 extra random item just to make them possibly more interesting to find, but you're still at the mercy of the RNG

My Mods