a dungeon mod with the original dungeon master vibes!

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
hansbleeb

a dungeon mod with the original dungeon master vibes!

Post by hansbleeb »

https://www.moddb.com/mods/return-to-skullkeep

return to skullkeep.. a dubgeonmaster 2 mod ....
i playing it now for several hours ans its very fine to feel the original dm feeling back again!

https://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vi ... 8&start=30
hansbleeb

Re: a dungeon mod with the original dungeon master vibes!

Post by hansbleeb »

i founs more very good mods...
this mod has very apart riddles and quests.. and there are also monsters from eye of the beholder and lands of lore in this mod. https://youtu.be/E4f1YHcf6ZQ
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

Yep, Tower Of Champions is a really good DM mod. Played it a while back.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

its very hard!!! and the forum with spoilers is a real mess..but i made it to the clock room now!
i like the way how to import the monsters from eye of the beholder and lands of lore..
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i found also a win version of the old abandoned places 2! one of my favorites from long ago.. is it a good idea to transform that game into a log mod?? i played also a log mod from the game knightmare! but that was never made it to a playable mod
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

I really can recommend playing dungeon master conflux. It is the most immersive, hardest and biggest dungeon I have ever played. There is nothing quite like it. Many achievements to unlock, many path en ways to choose from... by far the most hardest experiance I have had in a long shot to everything I have played. It's about 6 times as big as tower of champions, maybe bigger ..

Steep learning curve, but once you are past that, you'll be hooked for weeks if not so months to come.

Conflux is a fan-made custom dungeon. It is a basic dungeon crawl over many levels. Like the offical expansion Chaos Strikes Back, Conflux is a very non-linear affair. Unlike that dungeon, Conflux allows you to explore the various realms of the Undercity freely. While there are central quests, there are many endings. Party choice matters, one of the fundamental original ideas. Waiting to retrieve the guild leaders allows access to their endings. Possessing a certain character, especially a guild guide, allows you to open secrets or gives you information.

Conflux boasts many features not found in the original game - myriads of secrets and side quests, and most importantly atmosphere by the bucketload. Of course, a dungeon based upon a 20 year old game will not visually compare to anything today. However, a good game is a good game, a good custom dungeon is a good custom dungeon, and conflux is a masterstroke of depth and genius ideas.

here is a link to the to the wiki:

https://dmwiki.atomas.com/wiki/Conflux

In the biggining you can start with one of the 4 starting characters and try to unlock the guilds (wizard, fighter, ninja, priest) to their respected guildmasters and recruit them, this is a quest in itself. ...

Check it. you wont be dissapointed !!!
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

ok thanks i going try it for shure. much better than modern games..
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

Yeah, i just bought a RTX 3080 and i still prefer playing these older games too..lol.
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Matter of fact... just restarted conflux again :)
Having a blast discovering all its secrets and plot twists. They dont make em like this anymore... and this one tops all other dungeon crawlers I have played in size and difficulty

Tip: dont start of as one of the malificient guild members, that is the hardest way to play the game. Low stats at start and very hard.
And dont press the button, release hell at the start either. It will make it so that elite monsters will randomly roam the halls. when you least expect them.

I really wonder how you guys will find the sewers level, and the flooding there :)

Try to play with one character only, untill you have at least some corbums, maces, shurikens or monk staffs to unlock the other better characters. ... It will be hard but worth the effort in the end.

Dont go down to far in the beginning, conflux goes deep, very deep indeed. And getting back up is a pain in the ... And also If I remember correctly things will get harder if you go to deep to soon.

Check out all the pits, if you have a rope, or the skills to climb down on your own. There are many things hidden there... gold and dead
And soooooo many pits :)

Really wish someone put up a play through on youtube for this gem. But I reccon it would take to long to finish this game by any means.

nother tip: stash all your loot in the beginnig room where the guilds/character portraits are. You will be coming back here often, and can then select what you need. Do your alchemy stuff here, and there is a waterfountain nearby for you flasks. Also alchemy oven in the mages guild part.

safe up on flasks , you will need them alot !!!!
I have 3 right now.. looking for more