Escape from Nightmare

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Khollik

Re: Escape from Nightmare

Post by Khollik »

hansbleeb wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:40 pm and the mysterious redorb head is for later?
Yes! Now you have to fill the eyes... :o
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

o yes i am now the one eyed bandit ha ha.. the next level is more extremly vague and i am strugling around there with no weapon to kill that white idiots lurking around me.. (expect a staff with only one action to kill a idiot! and a upload kristal in a chest for upload the staff to kill another white idiot. (thats only 2 but there are many more idiots ) . finding notes that are unreadable.. ...
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello

To get the last gem there is a series of steps you must accomplish. At least, you managed to reach the Old Chapel.

Did you get the ceremonial sword? It's quite easy to find and you'll need it.
SpoilerShow
It's on the altar in the ruined temple of light, "Into Darkness" level
Also there are several notes scattered here and there which give you some clues to what (and where) you are supposed to use the ceremonial sword.
SpoilerShow
There is one in one of the southern cells, another in the Leprechaun's room and another one in a chest in a secret passage inside the Asylum
Those notes should tell you how to perform the ritual. In case you're still stuck, here is the solution:
SpoilerShow
you have to put the ceremonial sword in the center of the pentacle, in the Old Chapel. You'll notice that some tiles in the center are different.
Lure a wraith there, which will get captured by the sword, like in Ghostbusters ;)
Bring the now-charged sword on the altar just north of the pentacle. Here you'll have to make a scrifice of blood, that is to be hit by one wraith!
Be quick because the sword can only "store" temporarily a wraith and eventually it will get out and you'll have to lure it again in the sword.
Once the ritual accomplished you'll see that you can now destroy the last wraiths. One of them have the second red gem.
Cheers
Khollik
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

many thanks i wonder if sombody found the solutions (here and the if maze lever puzzle self...
SpoilerShow
it was simpler, i pick up the sword and lay it down time after time in the middle of the chapel and wait to lure all the white idiots.. and the red gem appears!!! there was also a white idiot lower in a torture cell who drops a essence . i kill him with the staff of banischment
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

and now i am in the libary i found a strange egg, and a corridor with strange textures..(i have 3 green gems now )
i wonder what to do in the darkroom (where you learn the spell darkness) south west, with 3 levers and some forcefields.
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello again!

You'll need the fourth green gem to go further. In the dark room, there seems to be obstacles where there shouldn't, and some obstacles aren't what they look like... Try to go through and if you can't, try to throw something.

Solution
SpoilerShow
in the south part, you can spot an alcove with a plate on the floor, behind a couple of forcefields. You can't go through those but you can throw an item to the plate. It will deactivate a forcefield behind you so you can pull the lever. At this point you can go through the forcefields and reach the alcove.
When you have the four green gems, you still have to figure out in which order to put them...
SpoilerShow
pay attention to the order of the four schools of magic...
You will need the egg for a secret in this level (not capital if you don't find it). You should read carefully one of the notes in the Library regarding dragons.

By the way, good work in the Old Chapel, I never thought it would possible to achieve that!! :o :o
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

thanks that was much easier than i thought!! i look for every button and throw stones everywhere there i cast spells on the forcefields,. try to flip the 3 levers in every possible position made the room complete dark and then light again. if i walt around the libary i see my magig dagger many times lit.. there must be a secret room. the level below i there also 2 rooms where i breaking my mind up, the armoury and the door with the 4 statues and the 4 torches in the niches by the hallway to that door. i read that dragon note also and figure it out later
a very nice and special mod! not so big as the xeen mod with 150 levels (part 1 and 2) but very suprising

i
SpoilerShow
i have one question about the magic schools is the order to place the gems the first, the second and the third message in the corridor? from the begin to the acces denied head. coresponding to the door to a part of the libary correspondinmg to the right magic school.. i know the spell teleskinis from another game but i dont know exactly which game that was.. i think wizzardry nemesis
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello!

You still miss a couple of things to do in the Library assuming you can solve the "green gems" puzzle. The solution is easier than you think, there is no out-of-the-game reference here:

Hint
SpoilerShow
Try to associate each door to one of the schools of magic. What did you have to do in those corridors?
Solution
SpoilerShow
You're supposed to put the green gems in their eye sockets in the same order of the four schools of magic. So, from left to right, 4th socket ; 1st socket ; 3rd socket ; 2nd socket.
The door with the four statues is for later, and I don't think you can already access the armory, unless you've cleared the "power plant" (below the level "trapped"). Before going there, I hope you found how to use the stun ray ;)

BTW thanks for playing and for the feedback. This mod is not as long as others, no power leveling here or tons of fighting, I wanted to try sometihing different.

Have a nice sunday
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i have done the powerplant till the last medusa must i kill her?? i have 2 charges left on the stunray
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i jump in the pit and finished the game in 10 hours .47 17 secrets found..
the last level crashed by enter my name/ password.?? and enter another part of that level i see only a closed door there i think that that level is not so important?
thanks again for this special mod