Escape from Nightmare

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Khollik

Re: Escape from Nightmare

Post by Khollik »

New version is available with the endgame issue fixed (hopefully).

https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/137
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

Hello,
I'm in the Into Darkness area and don't know what to do to open the door in front to the altar with the ceremonial sword. Is there a clue for the set of four chains that have the four crystals? I have tried a lot of combinations here, but don't know what the correct one will do. Is it the door in the main chamber or does something with the sword and skull do that?
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello Gylippos

As you may have noticed, when putting the skull on the altar, candles light on. It's your clue for the crystals combination.
SpoilerShow
Once the skull on the altar, you have to pull the chains to illuminate the ryght cristal, following the directions of the candles. The solution is : up, right, up, left
There is another couple of puzzles following, in the "Ancient Hallways". Check for the solution on the thread if needed. And keep the ceremonial sword, it may turn useful later ;)

Cheers
Khollik
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

In the room where the 2 rats are stuck in cells my dagger is glowing.
Do I need to use the 4 buttons in a certain sequence to uncover this passageway/secret?
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello

These are two unrelated puzzles. The first time you met the rats they gave you a hint about what to do (Aliens reference intended).
SpoilerShow
kill them
Cheers
Khollik
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

thanks for the response.
SpoilerShow
How do I kill them inside a jail cell?
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hi again, you can use poison spells or poison bombs found in the laboratories. Actually, it's just a secondary secret. Since you went so far in the dungeon, you may find the loot a little bit desappointing :?

Also, I answer to your MP here ;)

The torches open a secret passage. To open the gate in the room with the four statues, you must use the power gem you got from the Foundry in the receptacle room.

Cheers,
Khollik
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

thanks!

So I thought it was the power gem... however I put the power gem in the receptacle and nothing I put it in the alcove nothing. I close the door and place it in either and nothing I took the torches out and put the torches in and still that other door is not opening.

and the torches in the hallway the 4 torches ... do they need to be place in a certain order or just when they are placed there the secret opens?
Do I need them to be everburning torches?

pretty cool MOD you created here. I am so glad I can keep getting my dungeon crawling fix from awesome people like you!
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello SapientCrow

I think I found what's going on here. I shall fix this small bug in a further version.
The power gem has to be set in the middle of the receptor, and not put on the lower border of the receptor (I hope it's clear...), otherwhise nothing happens. Did you try that?

As for the four torches, no combination here: you just have to fill the torchholders and it will open a secret door left to them. Probably you already reached that room ( with a blue teleporter and a lever)? There is no "secret sound", since the "secret" is not to open the door but to understand how the teleporter works...

I hope this was useful. Tell me if you managed to continue your journey. A few more surprises await you :lol:

Khollik
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Cool!
Well that was unique the transition into the dead smoke world after the skeleton statue...
Managed I guess to get all gold keys and meteor armor.

A bit stumped on the pure magical fire part. Tried some combos with fire immunity potion and can not seem to get anything to work.
Can you give me a hint?

I managed to get 29/34 and I think one of those missed was back with killing the rats in the cells.... So close to all secrets.