[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Post Reply
Ro9ge
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:49 pm

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by Ro9ge » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:58 am

I'm having a hard time solving the final puzzle in the hall of queens. Any hints?
SpoilerShow
I see one Queen in the ceiling, and two up in the corners in addition to the four ones I can move around. I assume I'm supposed to have them all as far apart from each other as possible, in addition to being away from the square the flail was in, since the note said they were avoiding each other and the ball and chain, but I've tried all combinations I can think of to do that to no avail, and I don't really have much to go off of in terms of what I'm trying to do.

minmay
Posts: 2697
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 am

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by minmay » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:09 am

SpoilerShow
The puzzle is based on chess.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.

hansbleeb
Posts: 491
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:31 pm
Location: utrecht netherlands
Contact:

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by hansbleeb » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:55 am

and all that rum bottles is it good to drink.. ??

Zo Kath Ra
Posts: 864
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:57 am
Location: Germany

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by Zo Kath Ra » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:29 am

hansbleeb wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:55 am
and all that rum bottles is it good to drink.. ??
I don't understand your question :-/

Are you asking what happens when a champion drinks a rum flask?

Code: Select all

champion:regainHealth(7)
champion:regainEnergy(10)
Also, the champion becomes drunk.
@THOM
You implemented this, how does it work?

User avatar
THOM
Posts: 1181
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:35 pm
Location: Germany - Cologne
Contact:

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by THOM » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:23 am

The champion gets the chance of becoming drunk.
SpoilerShow
...if he drunk too much rum in a short amount of time.
THOM formaly known as tschrage
_______________________________________________
My MOD (LoG1): Castle Ringfort Thread
My MOD (LoG2): Journey To Justice Thread | Download

User avatar
Dr.Disaster
Posts: 2855
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by Dr.Disaster » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:49 pm

Discovered a major issue: in the tower i can simply walk through this giant seal before the stairs up which then crashes the game and creates this crash log:

Code: Select all

=== Software Failure ===

mod_assets/core/scripts/env/darkSeal_collision_logic.lua:64: attempt to index field 'party' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	mod_assets/core/scripts/env/darkSeal_collision_logic.lua:64: in function <mod_assets/core/scripts/env/darkSeal_collision_logic.lua:45>
	[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
	[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
	[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
	[string "Party.lua"]: in function 'enter'
	[string "FSM.lua"]: in function 'setState'
	[string "Party.lua"]: in function 'move'
	[string "Party.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
	[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

Zo Kath Ra
Posts: 864
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:57 am
Location: Germany

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by Zo Kath Ra » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:49 pm
Discovered a major issue: in the tower i can simply walk through this giant seal before the stairs up which then crashes the game and creates this crash log:

Code: Select all

=== Software Failure ===

mod_assets/core/scripts/env/darkSeal_collision_logic.lua:64: attempt to index field 'party' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	mod_assets/core/scripts/env/darkSeal_collision_logic.lua:64: in function <mod_assets/core/scripts/env/darkSeal_collision_logic.lua:45>
	[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
	[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
	[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
	[string "Party.lua"]: in function 'enter'
	[string "FSM.lua"]: in function 'setState'
	[string "Party.lua"]: in function 'move'
	[string "Party.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
	[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
Thanks for reporting this bug!

I can reproduce it, but only if both champions facing the seal are dead when the party walks into the seal.
(i.e. they're already dead before the party starts walking into the seal)
Did you encounter the bug under the same conditions?

User avatar
Dr.Disaster
Posts: 2855
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by Dr.Disaster » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:16 pm

Zo Kath Ra wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:20 pm
Dr.Disaster wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:49 pm
Discovered a major issue: in the tower i can simply walk through this giant seal before the stairs up which then crashes the game and creates this crash log:

Code: Select all

=== Software Failure ===

mod_assets/core/scripts/env/darkSeal_collision_logic.lua:64: attempt to index field 'party' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	mod_assets/core/scripts/env/darkSeal_collision_logic.lua:64: in function <mod_assets/core/scripts/env/darkSeal_collision_logic.lua:45>
	[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
	[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
	[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
	[string "Party.lua"]: in function 'enter'
	[string "FSM.lua"]: in function 'setState'
	[string "Party.lua"]: in function 'move'
	[string "Party.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
	[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
Thanks for reporting this bug!

I can reproduce it, but only if both champions facing the seal are dead when the party walks into the seal.
(i.e. they're already dead before the party starts walking into the seal)
Did you encounter the bug under the same conditions?
I'm playing Toorum which means it's a single character party.

btw: i found Toorum's message from the grave in the Asylum basement while playing him ;)

Oh! And the ORRR3 Progression board does not list Arena wins as the ORRR2 stats list did.

hansbleeb
Posts: 491
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:31 pm
Location: utrecht netherlands
Contact:

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by hansbleeb » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:47 pm

in the bug i see a down area with christals on the ground grouped in 1 2 or 3 pieces blue christals i try to dig every where i try to follow only the one chrystal trace.. but ended dead.. i try to follow firsts 1, then 2 en three christal traces and ended also dead

Pompidom
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 9:42 pm

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by Pompidom » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:48 pm

This has already been covered in one of the ORRR3 threads, it's simply minesweeper.
I recognized this instantly and found it a clever approach :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=mineswe ... 60&bih=886

Enjoy ! :)
Last edited by Pompidom on Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply