[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
olavimuff.ee

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by olavimuff.ee »

Actually it is not hard
SpoilerShow
Compare your map with pics on stones and draw map with stones.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Thanks dude, I actually managed to scape this room, but I'm planning to get back ;)
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Well, just finished the module, and what can I say? Another masterpiece!

I had to cheat a lot near the end, either cause I was stuck or due the difficult. I was playing and watching Komag's walkthrough on youtube, but it's not finished, then I was on my own, and since this point the real problems began :roll:

Most of the later levels I had to cheat with console to solve/skip. A full walkthrough would be very helpful.

Anyway, was a very good experience, after some years away from this game. My favourite rooms are "wizard's enclave", the tomb of otis medusa (don't recall if this is the real name) and the Cube's room - tough I had to cheat in this one to solve.

My thanks to everyone that puts your effort in this project :D
THOM

Post by THOM »

Good to hear, that you liked ORRR3!

And thanks for the feedback. I'll send you a PM to talk about the most difficult moments.
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by bongobeat »

Finished the mod!

I got 53/62 secrets,
22/19 epic items found?
4/7 treasures found
23/24 level visited

I had a lot of fun, thank you to all moders for this mod.

http://www.photo-graphix.fr/storephoto/grim/stats.jpg
http://www.photo-graphix.fr/storephoto/grim/stats2.jpg

I did no finish the achievements, but I killed the boss (after those screens). I tryed also the alternative ends, when you agree the proposal of Xark and leave him alones.

Also I had to cheat (teleport or spoiler on this thread) on some of part of the mod, because I simply didn't understand some of them puzzles.

I'll say my favourite rooms are the tower of babel and the ... (can't remember the name now), the room with light beam puzzle, from minmay.
Not particulary for the puzzle complexity but for the ambience in the rooms:

in the tower I always looked on the hint or spoiler in the thread, because I couldn't understand the riddles, but I liked the way you rise between level with music changing, also the bossfight were cool.
In the beam light puzzle, I like the complete change of gameplay, which has nothing to do with standart grimrock puzzle.
I didn't finished all of them, and don't remember how many are still uncomplete.

I liked almost every other rooms, the room of andakrainor, with moving platforms, the arena (get to lvl15, without cheating, then cheated with spawning bombs or healing potions, etc... and get a few level later), to see if there is any end.
Or the room with the 2 elemental pnj (I'm sorry can't remember the modder's name), the asylum, the windmill, etc..

well I didn't dislike any room.

I couldn't resolve diarmuid's room, couldn't go in the bottom of the "pit", and so couldn't continu the room underground.

I didn't find any item that unlock the treasure room under the town's temple

Btw, Is there any end in the arena? A last level when you gain something or finish an achievment?

Also, I cheated on one of the light puzzle, because I couldn't resolve it.

The fonctionnary administration/ratlings:
they ratling drives you crazy with their paper authorisation, this one was very funny, but I had to cheat, teleport, to pass the last gate, after seeing the supervisor, something get wrong, I don't know exactly at wich event, but I get alway same answer from the ratling, they didn't propose something to pass the last gate. Or I missed something.

A few questions:
Is that normal that the boss fight bar increase, when you get in the teleport, after the pnj talked to you?
Does he recover it's life?

He gained a lot while I was searching for a meteor and the staff to unlock the book of life.

To what are those achivements related?
- desert to the mirror
- joy of the old day

I guess some of these are related to the light puzzle?
-the lights fantastic
-lights on

-raider of the lost art
-mage of knowledge
-defeater of the suburb
-defeater of the shelter
-ORRR3 archmaster?

- what does mean the trap rune on the floor, in the temple?
It doesnt do anything whene passing or staying on.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

bongobeat wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:06 pm Or the room with the 2 elemental pnj (I'm sorry can't remember the modder's name), the asylum, the windmill, etc..
Is that normal that the boss fight bar increase, when you get in the teleport, after the pnj talked to you?
Just in case anybody is wondering what a PNJ is:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personnage_non-joueur
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-player_character
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Ah yes, sorry, I forgot pnj is a french shortword

npc, pnj, ect.. I'm getting confused with this, and thought that these expression we're all english :lol:
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

bongobeat wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:06 pm To what are those achivements related?
ORRR3 AchievementsShow

Code: Select all

Path Cleared	The Cemetery Tunnel is open.
Soul Captor	Captured your first soul!
Happy Clan	The Zarchtons of the Bog have all been released and got back their treasure.
Pusher in the Darkness	The way through the Bardwell Mine has been cleared.
Trauma Opponent	The dreamcatcher has been successfully emptied, all nightmares were survived.
From the Desert to the Mirror	Solved the secret combination of the Halo in Reverse.
Joys of the Old Days	Qinea got back her jewellery.
The Light Fantastic	Solved all of the laser puzzles, restoring power to The Colour of Magic.
Lights On	All five Light Puzzles completed.
Raider of the Lost Art	All buried treasures have been found.
Mage of Knowledge	All spell-scrolls have been found.
Defeater of the Necropolis	All rooms of the Cemetery and Catacombs have been solved.
Defeater of the Suburb	All rooms of the Eastern Village have been solved.
Defeater of the Shelter	All rooms of the Asylum have been solved.
Defeater of the Thicket	All rooms of the Twisted Forest have been solved.
Defeater of the Structure	All rooms of the Dark Tower have been solved.
ORRR3 Archmaster	All rooms have been solved.
Just paste it into a spreadsheet, with Tab as the column separator.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Hi bongobeat - thanks for your detailed feedback. And congrats for finishing ORRR3!

It astonishes me that you have found 22 of 19 epic items. Can you send a savegame (if you like by PM)? I would like to investigate this.

It is normal ATM that you've just visited 23 of 24 levels. You can't do it better. This is a bug which will be fixed with the forthcoming update.

About your comments:

I already realized that we have to make more clear, that there is a collection of hints in this forum. I'm sure it could have helped you sometimes (in Diarmuid's room).

Cheating in a game like ORRR3 which is complex as hell, is never a good idea. With only one move to an unreachable spot you can easily break several mechanics (inside a room and global). So a crash is very likely. Asking for help is a better plan...

The Arena has no end. But ATM it has the bug that it gets not harder by every round (or not hard enough). You should barely survive round 8 or higher... Will be fixed.

Which light puzzle was the one you couldn't finish?

The Lithic Changer (you have called it the treasure room under the town's temple) can be operated with extra main items you've found at the end of the rooms...
bongobeat wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:06 pm - what does mean the trap rune on the floor, in the temple?
It doesnt do anything whene passing or staying on.
Yes - that's what it does... :mrgreen:
bongobeat wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:06 pm Is that normal that the boss fight bar increase, when you get in the teleport, after the pnj talked to you?
Yes - Xszark heals himself before the last act. You should have got informed about that...

Thanks for your interesting and helpful feedback.
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

THOM wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:39 pm It astonishes me that you have found 22 of 19 epic items.
Actually there are 24 of 19 epic items. It seems the new Death armor set is not properly registered as epic because it's final part has to be picked up during the boss fight, completing the 24 of 19 rating. As a reference you can check my latests savegame of a solo Barbarian ready to go after Xszark with a 23 of 19 rating, only missing the final Death set part.
THOM wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:39 pm
bongobeat wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:06 pm Is that normal that the boss fight bar increase, when you get in the teleport, after the pnj talked to you?
Yes - Xszark heals himself before the last act. You should have got informed about that...
Xszark's health bar starts to increase right after the second phase ends, even before riding the elevators down or being teleported. However.. his health bar can also be further decreased during the last talk with him. Just hack away at him with the comm panel still on screen and you'll see.