[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Kirill

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by Kirill »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:13 pm
Kirill wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:00 pm .. extra hidden things you need (!) to progress from start ..
Please elaborate. I recall no such thing.
You need to dig some graves so that some monster spawn, there are many graves, most are empty. Than you get bone which you use on ground (?!) to open some lock with some loot. I watched this on youtube, since i dig all graves and nothing spawned.

Or you go into dungeon and get sacrifical arrows in complex puzzle. I got 10 of them, no clue where to use them, not at all, some tapestry that i broke that also gives no clue but complicates things.

Both things are from start of game (first 10 minutes).
Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:13 pm By reading your comments i got the impression you're more into harder / huge mods than puzzle-heavy stuff like the ORRR mods.
Yes, i like exploration and cleverly set fights. Survival, limit on resources, challenging boss fights. Some puzzles, but not too many.
Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:13 pm Perhaps "Demiosis Domain", "The Curse of Gothmog" and "The Taltraxus Engine" for LoG1 and "The Mountain" for LoG2 might be to your liking.

Thank you, will look into them.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Example of excellent mods that i played to full.

The Guardians, Eye of Atlantis for LoG2.
Forbidden Halls, Mines of Mael-Val for LoG1.

Looking for some similar, high-quality mods.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Well, one should never forget, that the concept of the ORRR series means to have a map devided into sections that are designed by several authors. Even if we tried to bring it all together with a global story. But it will differ from mods with one single storyline.

And, yes: The designs of ORRR3 are more puzzle related. The player should have fun with that kind of challanges.
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by Kirill »

THOM wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:20 pm Well, one should never forget, that the concept of the ORRR series means to have a map devided into sections that are designed by several authors. Even if we tried to bring it all together with a global story. But it will differ from mods with one single storyline.

And, yes: The designs of ORRR3 are more puzzle related. The player should have fun with that kind of challanges.

Can you please advise mods with really challenging dungeons with not much puzzles?
THOM

Post by THOM »

I'm afraid, I can't.

But maybe the suggestions Dr.Disaster made, help out for a while?

Post by poqwer11 »

Hello everyone!!!
Excellent work, without any doubt deserves attention and respect!!!
All well done, thank you all very much!!!
Once again, I am convinced that the possibilities of "Grimrock" have a huge potential, almost without borders!!!

Once again, thank you all and apologize for my English!!!
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello

My turn to congrat the team for this excellent mod ;) I've been playing for a few hours and having great fun. The mod is so rich and tons of ideas!

Right now, I'm struggling with the "Ascension" room. I managed to reach the top, but:
- first floor => I can't see how to reach the alcove with the book
- second floor=> can someone give me a clue how to disable the magic bridge? (the one with the alcove and ladder beneath)
- top floor => I have litterally no idea how to decypher the notes. Even with the solution (which I looked on this thread), I can't understand it. I must be very dumb :oops: but if someone could explain it to me, it would be great.

Besides that, I think I found all the secrets in this room (including five is better).

Again, great mod and great adventure so far!

Cheers
Khollik
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Khollik wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:14 pm - first floor => I can't see how to reach the alcove with the book
Oh that's easy; the mechanism is very close by. Just temember: everything that can be activated/deactivated in LoG can work as a switch, like altars, alcoves, torch holders etc.
Khollik wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:14 pm - second floor=> can someone give me a clue how to disable the magic bridge? (the one with the alcove and ladder beneath)
On the wall with all the heads is another alcove, which is -kinda- asking for something. It hints for what it wants with the poison cloud cast upon approach, so give it that green drink you picked up there; you surely don't want it.
Khollik wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:14 pm - top floor => I have litterally no idea how to decypher the notes. Even with the solution (which I looked on this thread), I can't understand it. I must be very dumb :oops: but if someone could explain it to me, it would be great.
IIRC it was the line average per note.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Khollik wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:14 pm - top floor => I have litterally no idea how to decypher the notes. Even with the solution (which I looked on this thread), I can't understand it.
Dr.Disaster wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:51 am IIRC it was the line average per note.
Yes, lines or columns. While the third note works different: It must be taken as a hint in all. The list only contains two numbers, 0 and 1 - this means a 2 as the solution.
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Thanks Dr. Disaster and THOM.

I'll try that ASAP.

K.