[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Dr.Disaster

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Comminges wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:28 pm For the secret to the NE of "Asylum Grounds" (towards tile 23-05) could you be more precise, I'm practically finished and the dungeon is vast.
The hint to this is / was in Wizard's Enclave.
Comminges wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:28 pm For the secret of "Village East" I was wrong, it is at the NW (towards the tile 06-01) and not the NE that it is located. For the missing spell, it may be "Time Bolt". Thank you for your attention.
Ah, this one. Aye, the "Time Bolt" scroll is in this secret. There is no hint to it anywhere. However: the stone circle in that area is enough to figure that something can be triggered here.
Comminges

Post by Comminges »

OK, j’ai 62 secrets, 22 Epic Items, 7 trésors, 55 sorts, 21 niveaux sur 24 mais je ne suis pas encore entré dans “Xszark’s Chambers” où tout retour est impossible. Cependant il me reste 1 ORRR3 Progression à validé (Joys of the...). Je dois rencontrer Qinea qui, hélas, a disparue. Je dois donc tout recommencer, sans un certain plaisir car j’aurai du mal à trouver un donjon aussi bon. Je ferais un autre commentaire quand je l’aurais entièrement fini. Merci.

OK, I have 62 secrets, 22 Epic Items, 7 treasures, 55 spells, 21 levels out of 24 but I haven't yet entered "Xszark's Chambers" where any return is impossible. However I still have 1 ORRR3 Progression to validate (Joys of the...). I have to meet Qinea, who, alas, is missing. So I have to start all over again, without a certain pleasure because I will have a hard time finding a dungeon as good. I would make another comment when I have finished it completely. Thanks.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Comminges wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:26 pm However I still have 1 ORRR3 Progression to validate (Joys of the...). I have to meet Qinea, who, alas, is missing.
It is impossible to miss Qinea. By now you have met and interacted with her twice(!) and you will meet her once more.
Comminges

Post by Comminges »

Le problème est que j’ai interagi avec elle 3 fois (2 à Twisted Forest, 1 à Dark Tower Mainhall), je ne l’ai pas vue ailleurs. C’est pour cette raison que je vais recommencer afin d’avoir tous les Achievements (j’ai tous les secrets, trésors, etc… ), et j’ai "Number of souls : 26".
A quoi sert le pont magique (08-08, 08-09). Il y a quelque chose au-dessus du graffiti "I love the dark tower (so sweet!) “en 13-10 de "Abandonned Village", est-il lié à l’autre graffiti "The master calls…” et à l’échelle ?. Et enfin, il semblerait qu’il y est quelque chose au S-W de “Cemetery” vers le carré 04-26. THE END.

The problem is that I interacted with it thrice (2 in Twisted Forest, 1 at Dark Tower Mainhall), I have not seen it anywhere else. That's why I'm going to start over in order to have all the Achievements (I have all secrets, treasures, etc.), and I have "Number of souls: 26".
What is the use of the magic bridge (08-08, 08-09). There's something above the graffiti "I love the dark tower (so sweet!)" in 13-10 of "Abandonned Village", is it related to the other graffiti "The master calls..." and ladder? And finally, it seems that there is something at the S-W of "Cemetery" towards square 04-26. THE END.
THOM

Post by THOM »

You will meet Qinea a last time just before the end of the game...
What is the use of the magic bridge (08-08, 08-09).
You mean in the room of The cube?

Honestly I don't know. He was the only author I got never in contact with. Maybe it is an altenative way to reach a certain object.

In the Abandoned Village are several remains of the citizens who went mad. No puzzle then...
When you re-enter the village also some changes can happen. Obviously the place is still visited by plundering ratlings or other creatures. Sometimes you can catch one.
And finally, it seems that there is something at the S-W of "Cemetery" towards square 04-26.
Forget about this place. It's just for developing...
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

THOM wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:54 am
What is the use of the magic bridge (08-08, 08-09).
You mean in the room of The cube?

Honestly I don't know. He was the only author I got never in contact with. Maybe it is an altenative way to reach a certain object.
I fear this part of the room is unfinished.
This bridge - it's a nice puzzle to build it - unforunately serves no purpose. Every tile you could get to from this bridge is also reachable without it. The execption would be anything on the outsides of the wooden bridge it runs along but there is nothing.
Comminges

Post by Comminges »

Xszark est mort. Un conseil, ne pas manger l’œuf quand vous entrer dans le domaine de Xszark.
Je vais refaire le jeu pour avoir l’ achievement qui me manque (Qinea) » et ferait les éloges de ce donjon .

Xszark is dead. A tip, do not eat the egg when you enter the field of Xszark.
I'm going to redo the game to get the achievement I miss (Qinea)" and would praise this dungeon .
minmay

Post by minmay »

The Cube's room is filled with puzzles that have multiple intended solutions. You can get the wooden box by activating that bridge or by deactivating the bridge it's on. There are three essences of air but you only need to get two of them, you can complete the room by helping one of the characters or by helping the other one, and so on. Just because you found one of the solutions first doesn't mean that the other solutions are pointless.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

minmay wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:50 pm The Cube's room is filled with puzzles that have multiple intended solutions. You can get the wooden box by activating that bridge or by deactivating the bridge it's on.
I have to disagree. It is not possible to reach that wooden box with this magical bridge.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Oops, you're right, I remembered that wrong.

So I investigated this and the room originally had a wall between 9,7 and 10,7 that prevented you from getting to the lever without using those bridges. Someone deleted the wall during development, probably by accident - it certainly wasn't The Cube's fault.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.