[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
THOM

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by THOM »

Thanks for the report. Easy to fix.

But why do players do always things not expected by the author... sigh...
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

THOM wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:49 am But why do players do always things not expected by the author... sigh...
Oh yes it was... :mrgreen:
(We didn't know the specifics, but we knew the reports would come in.)
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

I found 2 instances where simply sidestepping from a ladder gets you to a secret/item completely avoiding the intended route to take. One of them was with the sinkholes in the cube's room. Rookie mistakes :D

What's the status on releasing the editor file, I'm more interested in looking at the scripts than actually playing the mod :p
minmay

Post by minmay »

The lua files in the .dat aren't compiled, so you can extract them from there if you're curious.

A lot of the puzzles in The Cube's room have multiple intended solutions, that might be one of them. I'm not sure which ladder you're talking about, there are several tricks you can do with the ladders in that room.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

AFAIK, the editor file will be released after a reasonable amount of time for people to play through the game. ;)
Ro9ge

Post by Ro9ge »

I'm stuck on the Tower of Babbel. I've figured out the answer on puzzle #3 (Since apparently there's a puzzle #0), and double checked my answer with the provided solution, but no matter how I enter it into the buttons, nothing happens? I know I have the right answer because the game said as much, but it's not registering.
SpoilerShow
It's the puzzle with the lights and darkness arrangement. I'm worried that pressing a few random buttons earlier messed everything up, and there's no way to check which buttons is currently set to on or off. I've tried entering the buttons in a single path starting at around the top left to bottom right, I tried just left to right top to bottom, vice versa, and all around. I've tried pushing the buttons with the light or darkness spell active, (I didn't actually have the spell, and just temporarily cheated myself a scroll out of curiosity), and doing all the previous with only the dark buttons instead of the light buttons, and messed with different graphical settings and spell effects to see if there's any way to tell what's going through, but no avail. Any ideas here?
Edit: Ug, nevermind. I'm stupid. I was set at low graphics, and thought the graphical quality button added at the top left was switching me to high graphics for some reason, and didn't double check the options menu. I just couldn't actually see the lights due to this.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Ro9ge wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:41 amEdit: Ug, nevermind. I'm stupid. I was set at low graphics, and thought the graphical quality button added at the top left was switching me to high graphics for some reason, and didn't double check the options menu. I just couldn't actually see the lights due to this.
Aaah, how did I forget to test this??? Thanks for the report!
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I know how that feels.
;)
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

what to do in the catacomb of ancient knives? i found a paper that fits in a empty list and i can send a strange bolt to it i found also 7 arrows who fits in the pillars
THOM

Post by THOM »

Hint: The frame at the wall has "black dust" on it. Can you imagine what could make that?

And remember: There are "small recesses" on the surface of the frame's back...
SpoilerShow
Rub a torch on the frame.
THOM formaly known as tschrage