[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
minmay

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by minmay »

SpoilerShow
It means you cannot get an achievement anymore (worth 400 xp). It also deprives you of a hint for a secret (which naturally has some items in it), but it is theoretically possible to find that secret without the hint.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Ugh, ok thanks. This is my best guess as to what happened (you don't have to answer this):
SpoilerShow
I opened a door expecting a fight with some zarchton but it turns out I freed them. They were sad about some missing treasure. Later I found a golden harpoon which was probably something they wanted. I think I should have grabbed the harpoon first.
Komag

Post by Komag »

I might just have to record a blind play-through for this one like I did for ORRR2, but maybe I should wait for a patch or two?
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
THOM

Post by THOM »

I would love seeing you doing a let's play! :o

About patches: I don't know. Until now no bugreports came in.
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by bongobeat »

So far I've make my way to the twisted forest, after crafting the meteorit axe, general good impression on all, Nice work all!
I've got some apprehension from bad use/design with some mix of wallset in some areas, but that's not really important.

I noticed no bug, except some clipping issues. I don't know if you want or I should post it here, nevertheless I put it in spoiler:
SpoilerShow
At least these two clippings issues, in the cemetery (EW room), center room, brick ground is "merging" with the dirt ground, same remark in the city, in the eastern area, front of the far east house
When comming in the town, it can be laggy, framerate drop to 39 fps, in the front of the first gate, in the night or day. It's better when you are in the town's center.
Framerate can drop also in other outside level.

Questions:

What is the trick with the south secret button in the asylum level, bedrooms area?
Everytime I press on it there's a sound like lock incorrect.
I found a note that said a resident of the dormitory uses dark diamonds, are those meteorits ore?

Also, I've come to a goromorg in the basement level, (I'm not sure now, I think the access is in the abandonned mine. What should I do here?
I tried to jump in the pit, in every direction, press the lever before falling, throwed items, press on the chest before falling, that isn't useful. I wasn't sure if the goromorg was moving depending on my location, I think I've dreamed.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
THOM

Post by THOM »

Thanks for the report, bongobeat. It's great to get feedback.

About the floor clipping: I thought that was fixed in the past. Have to check again...

With "first gate" you mean the one with the sitting ratling nearby? Have also to check here. Not sure what could bother the framerate.

Your questions are referring to secrets, optional parts, so I will just give some hints.

Asylum Dormitory
You already came close here.
HintShow
The 4 diamonds can be found inside the dormitory, but they are no items...

Secret Refuge

You are also here very close.
HintShow
The goromorg must be moved. Doing this is connected with the floor in front of the room and the direction you choose...

Post by bongobeat »

Yes, that gate. But that's the same thing, if you get near the other ends of the town, once you have a look on the entire town, fps drops.

Thanks, I figured the dark crystals with your hint! That was a tricky one! :lol:

About the secret refuge, I counldn't solve this.
I can make the goromorg move around the chairs, but that's all.
Should it be "moved" into the pit?
What is the lever for?

About the asylum: How can I get in the exterior garden, the small area adjacent to the entrance of the asylum, with a mine spear door. I can see there is a pressure plate on the back but there is no way to throw anything on it.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
minmay

Post by minmay »

bongobeat wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:09 pmI can see there is a pressure plate on the back but there is no way to throw anything on it.
SpoilerShow
There is. Stand on the hill to the south of the plate and throw something over the wall.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
THOM

Post by THOM »

minmay wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:51 pm
SpoilerShow
There is. Stand on the hill to the south of the plate and throw something over the wall.
SpoilerShow
To be exact: You have to shoot something. Throwing doesn't work - at least not for me.
And yes: The goromorg...
SpoilerShow
has to be moved into the pit. The last step is the hardest. :mrgreen:
The lever will be needed after you have solved the goromorg puzzle.

Post by minmay »

THOM wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:41 pm
minmay wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:51 pm
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
To be exact: You have to shoot something. Throwing doesn't work - at least not for me.
SpoilerShow
Um...did you forget who made this puzzle? :lol: Throwing works, though of course you'll have to throw an item with the "throwing_weapon" trait, such as a rock.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources