[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Isaac

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by Isaac »

Can that wall be restored in the next patch?
THOM

Post by THOM »

sure
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by Comminges »

La boîte en bois de "The Cube – Twisted Forest" :
Il y a une erreur de conception à propos de la boîte en bois située en 09-08 (Essence of Air at height -1), il est prévu qu’elle tombe en activant un levier, mais elle peut aussi être prise en se plaçant dessous et un cliquant vers le haut.
The wooden box of "The Cube - Twisted Forest" :
There is a design error about the wooden box located in 09-08 (Essence of Air at height -1), it is expected that it will fall when activating a lever, but it can also be taken by placing itself below and clicking up.
Comminges

Post by Comminges »

Pour tous les fans de Grimrock, je conseille vivement ce donjon. Il m’a fallu le faire à 3 reprises pour avoir les 62 secrets, 7 trésors, 55 sorts, 22/19 Epics items et 17 ORRR 3 Progress. Ce donjon se compose de 24 niveaux. Il y a de nouveaux monstres (j’ai apprécié celui en forme de bulles de savon), des énigmes et puzzles parfois difficile, un concept du jeu innovant, des quêtes à réaliser (ORRR 3 Progress), des rencontres avec des esprits, des âmes à prendre et un tas de nouveaux objets. Il y a même un jeu dans le jeu (The Colour of magic) et une salle d’entraînement pour avoir le niveau afin de vaincre le « grand méchant de la fin » qui est particulièrement coriace. Bravo à toute l’équipe et merci. Maintenant il va être difficile de trouver un donjon équivalent.
Comminges

Post by Comminges »

Avec les remerciements à MS Word pour la traduction du français à l'anglais
For all Grimrock fans, I highly recommend this dungeon. I had to do it 3 times to get the 62 secrets, 7 treasures, 55 spells, 22/19 Epics items and 17 ORRR 3 Progress. This dungeon consists of 24 levels. There are new monsters (I enjoyed the one in the shape of soap bubbles), riddles and puzzles sometimes difficult, an innovative game concept, quests to achieve (ORRR 3 Progress), encounters with spirits, souls to take and a lotsof new objects. There is even a game in the game 'The Colour of magic' and a training room to have the level in order to defeat the "big villain of the end" who is particularly coriaceous. Congratulations to the whole team and thank you. Now it's going to be hard to find an equivalent dungeon.
THOM

Post by THOM »

We have just uploaded Version 1.1 of ORRR3.

This update includes a lot of fixes to avoid crashes and other unintended behavior, and also some cosmetics.

There is also a new feature: A patching system. It automatically modifies old savegames to work with this new version of the mod. So even if you have installed version 1.1 you can continue your current game.

You can find the update as usual on Steam and Nexus.

Here is the changelog:

Code: Select all

= ORRR3
= version 1.1
======================================

- NEW FEATURE!!! A patching system is added. It automatically modifies old savegames to work with a newer version of the mod. 
  Due to technical reasons not all fixes listed below can be included that way into old savegames.
- Cosmetic fix: the "levels_visited" statistic shows the correct value now 
- Gameplay fix: the XP reward getting from the tiny spiders is reduced a bit
- Cosmetic fix: the "Empty Potion Flask" got an unique icon (DOES NOT AFFECT OLD SAVEGAMES)
- Bug fix: the appearing altars in the hub can not block items on the floor anymore
- Gameplay fix: there where two chitin_greaves - one is deleted now (DOES NOT AFFECT OLD SAVEGAMES)
- Bug fix: in Room #22 the "Book About Fireworks" gives not longer a skillpoint (was never intended) (DOES NOT AFFECT OLD SAVEGAMES)
- Bug fix: in Room #22 the pellet box at the fire can not be grabbed anymore
- Bug fix: one secret in the room of Skuggasveinn is moved to the room of Xanathar, because finding a part of the main path cannot be a secret, but opening an optional place should be a secret 
- Gameplay fix: the light spellscroll is moved to a spot earlier in the game (DOES NOT AFFECT OLD SAVEGAMES)
- Bug fix: the "Center"-sign and -note in Dhomochevsky's room shows now the intended numbers
- Bug fix: behind the entrance of the left garden in Duncan's room an invisible wall was added to protect the ogre if party is still outside of the garden
- Bug fix: air elementals of the garden on the right in Duncan's room got killed when leaving
- Bug fix: some monsters in the underground level of Duncan's room are leveled up
- Bug fix: a support wall was lost in The cube's room - now it's restored
- Bug fix: the Arena is now working as intended with much more difficulty at higher levels	
- Bug fix: the Death Armour Legs puzzle in the Tower does no longer messes up the "Epic items found" statistic (DOES NOT AFFECT OLD SAVEGAMES)
- Bux fix: Xszark can no longer be injured during the conversations		
- Cosmetic fix: Statistic Board
	- close button changes color now
	- background color of a statistic without a max_value is fixed now
	- the player can now scale the statistics board in the console, with one of these four commands:
		or3_statistics_board.script.scaleBoards(GTK.Constants.Fonts.Tiny)
		or3_statistics_board.script.scaleBoards(GTK.Constants.Fonts.Small)
		or3_statistics_board.script.scaleBoards(GTK.Constants.Fonts.Medium)
		or3_statistics_board.script.scaleBoards(GTK.Constants.Fonts.Large)
- several minor fixes to avoid crashes and other unintended behaviour
- several cosmetics to remove visual glitches
We have also uploaded the source files of ORRR3.
They can be found on Nexus.

We hope you will have fun with them. Take a look, if you want.

@Comminges:
Thanks for the applause. It's always a pleasure if someone likes your work...
And wow: You have run three times through the game!
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Weeeeell.... Hello everyone. I don't know what to say, I have been sleeping under a rock. The ORRR3 came out and I realize it 6 months later, I am at a loss for words. :shock: :? But it has really been an incredibly busy year at work, especially around Christmas, and then all hell broke loose in the spring.

Anyway, I actually got around playing Grimrock 1 & 2 with my now 10-years old son last month, and then I got him to start creating a dungeon, and then came to the forums, and then, well, here we are.

So it seems like I have an incredible mod to play!!!! Thank you so much THOM and the others for bringing this to completion. I can't wait to delve in. :D

Wow.
Really.

Re: my room (Halo in reverse) following some comments in the thread: I apologize if instructions weren't clear enough, but at the same time it's not easy to balance between being too cryptic or too obvious. I know I wanted to exploit the vertical aspect of the LoG 2 engine, and make a "3D Chess"-like puzzle. I'm happy with the mechanic, but realize and agree I could have framed it better in terms of narrative and clues.

About the secret combination however, it totally is intended to be near impossible to figure out, the same way that the corresponding hidden achievement in vanilla LoG 2 is completely off the charts.
SpoilerShow
I liked the "meta-gaming" aspect of the original, how it required you to screen capture a frame of a cinematic, search online for a glagolitic alphabet and so on, the puzzle existed completely outside the frame of the game itself. Similarly, I wanted to create a puzzle that referenced something completely external to the mod, in this case that hidden achievement.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Welcome back, Diarmuid!

Probably I am excited as you are, seeing you playing ORRR3 for the first time. Share your experiences, if you want.

And never mind your room could be too hard. There are others that introduced the same amount of questions, if not higher.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Indeed! Welcome back. 8-)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Question about Cube room where there is a crystal below and a spike door?
This door I can not figure out how to open and the crystal pillar is in the back behind the spear door.
the lever is also behind the spear door.
How do I get to it?
Last edited by sapientCrow on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.