[New MOD] Demiurge

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Si-chan

[New MOD] Demiurge

Post by Si-chan »

The story:

A long-awaited expedition to the Cairn Mountains finally reached its destination. Nearly thirty excellently trained men and women - geologists, cartographers, spelunkers and mercenaries - funded by a private benefactor. Their mission: explore and chart the mythical and serene Caverns of Cairn. The four of you have been requested specifically. Though the reasons were unclear, the wages were sound and the advance was more than generous, giving you ample reasons to accept.

Now, in the cold and foreboding caves, deep within the bowels of the mountain, it is too late for regret. Having camped in a cavern, deep underground, you are suddenly awaken by a groan of tortured earth. Without any warning the ground shakes terribly and the massive cavern begins to collapse. You run for your lives, as fast as you can, away from the crushing death. By chance, you stumble upon a ancient stairwell and dive in for safety.

Following is an avalanche of earth and rock, and suffocating clouds of dust. As it settles, you find yourselves in an eerie place, an underground structure of unknown origin and function - the entrance that saved you now caved-in and impassable...

The action:

This dungeon was created with the intention of giving the game a more story-driven feeling. Some in-game dialogues for the party and npc's have also been added - thanks to the awesome mod Grimrock 2 GUI Toolkit (by JohnWordsworth).

This dungeon adventure is designed with a lot of heart - it took me almost a month to put it together, as back then I wasn't familiar so much with scripting.

I did my best to make it rich in detail and atmospheric. There are a few fairly challanging fights, and a couple of boss fights as well. Also, a few puzzles to solve and a fair number of secrets to find. Kudos for finding them all!

Credits also to zimberzimber for his great ZIM's Assets pack and to vanblam for the awesome Under Dungeon tileset. No modding of Grimrock II is necessary to play this dungeon. To play simply unzip the archive, move Demiurge.dat to your User\Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock 2\Dungeons folder and start a custom dungeon game.

Note: The scenario supports any custom party you feel like playing. Dungeon is designed for 5th level party. You will be awarded extra exp at the beginning and you will be able to allocate skill points freely.

Estimated play-time is about 2-3h.

The drama:

This episode - Demiurge - is intended as a prologue for a larger story, which will hopefully be a progressing thing :)
For now you can get it only on Nexus, since I own a non-steam version of the game.

Download from Nexus

Hope you like the dungeon! Any comments and opinions would be greatly appreciated!
RMariano

Re: [New MOD] Demiurge

Post by RMariano »

Downloading now... Will keep you advised.
Regards,

RMariano
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

Excellent Grafx. Just started today.
Regards,

RMariano
Si-chan

Post by Si-chan »

Super - hope you like it :)
Torst

Post by Torst »

Start it also today,short look.

Got these warning messages "file not found : mod_assets/dmscb........ ( many different names ) "

Forget how to disable these messages.
Si-chan

Post by Si-chan »

Torst » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:04 pm

Got these warning messages "file not found : mod_assets/dmscb........ ( many different names ) "

Oh, those are propably missing texture warnings - they shouldn't really appear in-game, unless you have console started. If that is the case just open the console and type "clear". I took out some unused textures when I finished to make the package lighter. Probably should have updated the lua files as well :)
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

I'm in the crypt... there a door in the center of the bottom, I cannot seem to find a way to open that bad boy.
Regards,

RMariano
Torst

Post by Torst »

Si-chan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:30 pm
Torst » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:04 pm

Oh, those are propably missing texture warnings - they shouldn't really appear in-game, unless you have console started. If that is the case just open the console and type "clear". I took out some unused textures when I finished to make the package lighter. Probably should have updated the lua files as well :)
Thx and btw - it's a good mod. :D
Si-chan

Post by Si-chan »

RMariano » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:49 pm
I'm in the crypt... there a door in the center of the bottom, I cannot seem to find a way to open that bad boy.
You probably mean the door with the iron lock. The key is hidden within a secret spot, but there is also another way across. I urge you to explore a little more and I'm sure you'll find it. All secrets are optional, you don't need to find a single one to actually finish the dungeon.

Torst » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:54 pm
Thx and btw - it's a good mod. :D
Thanks, glad you like it :)
Torst

Post by Torst »

Si-chan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:26 pm Thx and btw - it's a good mod. :D
Thanks, glad you like it :)
[/quote]

Finished and must say its a brilliant one.
But to short....much to short. ;)