[MOD] The Guardians

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Adrageron

Re: [Beta] The Guardians

Post by Adrageron »

Pompidom wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:49 pm Then when I learned 4 concentration on my alchemist, the orb of radiance special skill (light) stopped working.
It has charges now ;)
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Being cursed sucks! xD

Since I don't have enough holy water bottles or catharsis, is there any other way to cure yourself from it?
Since it doesn't cure itself over time.

Especially the traps where your entire party gets cursed at the same time. Those are brutal.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

Pompidom wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:58 pm Since I don't have enough holy water bottles or catharsis, is there any other way to cure yourself from it?
It is few more ways to get rid of a curse:
- Use crystal
- Use spell
- ???
Also you can brew holy water or gain it... by other means :)
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Crap, I haven't gained the means to do any of that yet! :p And i'm kneedeep in the catacombs! lol!
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

I started playing the mod with the default party.

So I unlocked the kitchen but whenever I put food on the stove the game tells me that none of my characters knows how to cook.

When trying to use the mining pick the game tells me none of my characters has the mining skill.

So how do I get these skills?
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

There is no "default" party. the default log2 party has no farmer in it.

Read the entire description of the mod first. Everything is explained there.

Only the farmer class has both cooking and mining learned as default.
They are both crucial. Eating raw food ingredients will lead to instant failure.

And it's recommended to explore the mod a little bit with 1 farmer in your first run before you decide and theorycraft a better party. And understand the basic custom mechanics of this mod.

You don't need a farmer, any class can learn cooking and mining, however you need to progress and unlock the general store before you can "buy" the cooking and mining skill for 1 of your characters in case you do not want a useless farmer class in your party. This is actually easy and can be done in the first 30 minutes, but you will need to figure this out how with a test party first.
But without a farmer you will suffer on your first test run.

Just explore the mod a little bit with 1 farmer, figure out how to unlock the general store fast.

It's a long mod, and you will need to progress fast and efficiently in it if you want to succeed as the endgame areas can be hard. Taking it "slow" and sleeping is not recommended. Depending on the severity of how slow you play, you will fail this mod. The slower you play and the more you sleep, the harder it will get. You can not afford to run out of food, ever. Your characters actually die from starvation in this mod.

You will need a healthy balance of using the stronger custom alchemy set to power through tough encounters and progressing fast enough to not fall behind on your performance curve. Try to prolong your runs from your base as long as possible until either your characters inventories are all full or you run out of food. Dump everything in your base, cook food and leave your base full with "ready to eat" meals.

The slower you play, the more food you are forced to buy. Currency that is wasted and could have been spent on crystal flowers to make your party stronger.

My first test run was with a farmer, once I understood the mechanics enough, I restarted with a proper party without a farmer as I knew how to rush to unlock the general store.
Torst

Post by Torst »

After i've played this mod for many hours i must say thx .

Great experience. So many puzzles ,hints,secrets and some humor ;).
Start it three times to get my way.

If the graphics would be newer/better ( not realy needed of course ) for me its LOG 3 . No joke.

Thx again !
Adrageron

Re: [MOD] The Guardians

Post by Adrageron »

Thanks for feedback and bugreports, guys!
Version 0.1 was suprisingly stable :) I fixed some bugs and added few improvements.
Mod is v.1.0 now and released on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1712260093
Nexus file is updated too.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

I still have no clue for the gift from air and wood riddle :)
Torst

Post by Torst »

Pompidom wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:47 am I still have no clue for the gift from air and wood riddle :)
Same here. Got no clue what blessing pieces needed.