[MOD] The Guardians

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Adrageron

Re: [MOD] The Guardians

Post by Adrageron »

guero531 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:08 amWas hoping to see how I can fix this to continue playing on my save file.
Hi!
Sorry, but the game does not support saves from the old mod versions. AFAIK, there is no workaround for this. You need to have the 2.0 mod version to load your save file. I have no old versions archive (the oldest one is 2.1 on Nexus). May be someone here still playing 2.0 and can send you the mod file...
guero531

Post by guero531 »

Oh I see. Its alright I wouldn't mind starting over to be honest lol. It is a very fun mod and I would like to try the new things 2.2 has to offer so its worth. I noticed someone on steam mentioning a bug with accuracy +1 that it effects all champions instead of just fighters. If your planning to fix that maybe I should wait for the 2.3 version of the mod to come out lol.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

Thank you for kind words! It is will be 2.3 in near future, yes. It will fix this accuracy issue and add few little improvements, but nothing serious. It is up to you to start now or to wait :) Just be sure not to update during the playthrough again ;)
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

v. 2.3 is released.
guero531

Post by guero531 »

I wanted to check if I soft locked myself! I will put it under spoilers just incase. Am on version 2.3 but don't think that matters.
SpoilerShow
I arrived to Undertown from Gem Mines. After entering Undertown there is a lever close by that lets you open up a underwater gate. This underwater gate leads you to gold heaven or an exit leaving gold heaven back to the gem mines whichever way you want to look at. However the lever is located next to two body of waters you can fall to. If you fall left side of the lever you will be in the opposite side of the gate so technically you don't need to hit the lever to cross this underwater gate to go to the next section. However by doing this it was impossible to get back to the side of the lever to open up the underwater gate. So I sealed my only exit of leaving undertown to gem mines. https://imgur.com/3kEaVAa https://imgur.com/ZokP16K I noticed there are two more underwater gates that have exits but are locked and I believe can't be opened from undertown side.

So I arrive at Gold Heaven from undertown and pretty much explore the whole place. There is an east gate but pretty sure its impossible to open from Gold Heaven side and South Gate is destroyed. I used all my brass keys and can't open the door in Gold Heaven that is next to the beach. It leads to a tower dungeon I believe. https://imgur.com/wwN8YoD I believe the last brass key is probably in City hall but that requires me to have 25 torches to open. So I feel like I am completely stuck. There is a wind gate keyhole but sadly I do not have one. So was wondering If golden heaven actually had a path I can open to leave from inside the city itself.
billb52

Post by billb52 »

Hi guero531
This may help, you need to get to Goldhaven via Misty Swamps / Lake of tears, and you get a windgate key at Livingrock by placing a power gem in alcove of Windgate, then you use a green gem to obtain more windgate keys from the alcove.
You do need 2 brass keys to access the beach and castle in Goldhaven. Good Luck!
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

@guero531
Looks like you really found a way to trap youself in the city. Sorry for inconvenience, I will think how to change dungeon to prevent this.
guero531

Post by guero531 »

Thanks for response Billb52!
Yeah I should have made more windgate keys to be safe.

Thanks for response Adrageron!
Guess I did lock myself in the city. I did hit the switch at first and had the underwater gate open but thought of exploring and testing things out. So I closed the gate and fell on the opposite side of the gate locking myself. I just thought that would open the other locked underwater gates in undertown but found out it didn't. When arriving at gold heaven I was like there has to be an exit here and felt confident but soon came to realize maybe there is no way outs and only ways in the city.

But thank you Adrageron. I will use console command to position myself back at the lever and hit the switch and keep the underwater gate open this time. I just wanted to confirm if there was a legit way of escaping the city itself from the inside without having to resort to console command.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

guero531 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:36 pm I wanted to check if I soft locked myself! I will put it under spoilers just incase. Am on version 2.3 but don't think that matters.
SpoilerShow
I arrived to Undertown from Gem Mines. After entering Undertown there is a lever close by that lets you open up a underwater gate. This underwater gate leads you to gold heaven or an exit leaving gold heaven back to the gem mines whichever way you want to look at. However the lever is located next to two body of waters you can fall to. If you fall left side of the lever you will be in the opposite side of the gate so technically you don't need to hit the lever to cross this underwater gate to go to the next section. However by doing this it was impossible to get back to the side of the lever to open up the underwater gate. So I sealed my only exit of leaving undertown to gem mines. https://imgur.com/3kEaVAa https://imgur.com/ZokP16K I noticed there are two more underwater gates that have exits but are locked and I believe can't be opened from undertown side.

So I arrive at Gold Heaven from undertown and pretty much explore the whole place. There is an east gate but pretty sure its impossible to open from Gold Heaven side and South Gate is destroyed. I used all my brass keys and can't open the door in Gold Heaven that is next to the beach. It leads to a tower dungeon I believe. https://imgur.com/wwN8YoD I believe the last brass key is probably in City hall but that requires me to have 25 torches to open. So I feel like I am completely stuck. There is a wind gate keyhole but sadly I do not have one. So was wondering If golden heaven actually had a path I can open to leave from inside the city itself.
You want to always have 1 windgate key with you. It is not that hard. Keep green gem just for it.
Kirill

Re: [Beta] The Guardians

Post by Kirill »

Pompidom wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:20 am Damn, can't stop playing this one.

3 maps explored so far, but the survival mechanics are spot on.
Very good mod, great exploration and survival. Out of mods for LoG1 and LoG2 i played this one is best so far.