[MOD] The Guardians

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
knr

Re: [MOD] The Guardians

Post by knr »

Can you give a hint for the location of
SpoilerShow
the 4/4 top way letter? I'm not planning on scrounging for all 9 secrets I'm missing, but that one seems like it might be pretty major.
As for the latter,
SpoilerShow
there's still 5 levels left going by the statistics screen, though I have no idea how big they'll be.
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

knr wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:24 pm Can you give a hint for the location of
SpoilerShow
the 4/4 top way letter? I'm not planning on scrounging for all 9 secrets I'm missing, but that one seems like it might be pretty major.
It's in
SpoilerShow
the Undertown in a grating near the first? altar of death at 14,29.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Btw for the last figurine,
SpoilerShow
Did you offer a red gem to enter ratlington town? The present you get for offering a red gem can be offered as a figurine as well.
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

You are completely right Pompidom.
SpoilerShow
That is it. So everybody who did not spend a red gem to enter Ratlington will be out of luck to see the good ending. :? @Adrageron Or is there another way? The reward for the last figurine is a necklace that lets you survive petrify...
Last edited by Banaora on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knr

Post by knr »

I certainly hope that's not the case, that would be incredibly stupid.
SpoilerShow
I didn't even have a red gem on me when reaching Ratlington. I'd found only one (at that in the martyr puzzle, which isn't exactly a given to solve in the first place), but used it to get my first crystal flower for the alchemist. Having such a seemingly trivial event lock you out of the good ending without any warning whatsoever until you get stuck 20h later (besides reading here it would be absolutely impossible to even find out that's what I'm missing).
Using the console to spawn some statues, I found that
SpoilerShow
there are 13 statue rewards, the last of which lead me to a secret with the wizard's virge. So it might be the case that you only need 12 to complete the game and we're missing one more. Although maybe the virge's the weapon that you're supposed to defeat the final boss with.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

The sacrifices when playing any version 1.0 of a game/mod :lol:

It's only version 1.0 :) It's already extremely well done and fairly bugfree.
And I really appreciate that.

With the right improvements and balance changes this mod definitely outclasses most other LoG2 mods :)
knr

Post by knr »

Well, imo Adrageron's mods outclass all other LoG2 mods even as is. People say 'this could be Grimrock 3' about damn near every single large scale mod, but lost city and this are the only two which reach and often surpass the base game in the quality of world, encounter and puzzle design.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Has anyone figured out the alternative enchanting resources?
knr

Post by knr »

Only one, resist all from
SpoilerShow
holy water.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

SpoilerShow
HAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA the citadel and the smoke monsters invulnerable to physical damage. Am I lucky I have 2 strength based frontrow barbs that still carry their firesword and lightning sword as a backup weapon in case of situations like these! So I could actually kill them without suffering too much!