[MOD] The Guardians

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
ene

Re: [MOD] The Guardians

Post by ene »

Restarting a new game with v2.3 (last was.. wow 1.3. well..)

Thanks for putting a note about how to cook and mine anw, I think it's more fair ;) (towards people who've never played the mod I mean)

Wow, and there even are the name of the rooms now :D .. much more easier indeed

Hopefully will find more secrets !
ene

Post by ene »

Finito ! (136/136)

The hints over at steam forum (last 2 pages) helped me a lot, still had to think a lot by myself to decrypt their meanings.. 3-4 days for last 6 secrets yeah i think it's a lot :lol: but then again, riddles are not my cup of tea. Actually i'm rather pleased with myself :D

Anyway, it was a real pleasure to play this mod again

few negatives points though (only my opinion of course):

* The start can get a bit tedious since you have to buy everything - I like the idea, but sometimes it was a bit too much i think (light spell for example is very expansive - same for water breathing, forcefield.. unnecessary difficult to get a hand on them. Cost much energy in-and-out game).

* lacks some very great fights/ambushes - I play on 'normal', but still, except few situations, the opponents are a bit too gentle to me (nothing really serious.. except the ancient evil boss that is :mrgreen: that guy (and his friends) is something else :mrgreen: How does he do btw )

* Way too much wormroot (already said the first time, but..55 left this time again) - eggs are welcome in secrets, but for me, came a bit too late (ie pyramyd))

The Octopus liqueur is a very good idea, the thing is.. you just don't have any use for it.. what's the point then ? Shame! Could have been very useful in the Abyss for example (the map is big - but dull tbh (nothing to see). A sophisticated (and big) secret set in the very deep could have led to something quite interesting I think (and then the OL would've come in handy there). I mean the map is there already.. Sadly, nothing.. a miss oportunity for me

_______ _____ ____

BUT

cooking is genius, mining is genius, .. obviously they bring so much to the mod; great finds really (flute/stone is mega genius btw, but it's just another level)

overall..

Overall, a very well thought-out mod, with plenty to discover, lot of mixed situations, plenty stuff to cook, etc.. it's just great, simple. And takes some time to beat it (another thing i like)

one of the very best for sure - tks ;)
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

ene wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:25 pm * lacks some very great fights/ambushes - I play on 'normal', but still, except few situations, the opponents are a bit too gentle to me (nothing really serious.. except the ancient evil boss that is :mrgreen: that guy (and his friends) is something else :mrgreen: How does he do btw )
Playing on Normal is missing all the fun. For both LoG2 and almost all mods normal is too easy.

Do not let word "Normal" fool you, for this game normal is very easy. And hard is normal difficulty.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

Hey, ene!
Thank you for feedback and gratz with 100% mod copmletion!
ene

Post by ene »

Adrageron wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:07 pm Hey, ene!
Thank you for feedback and gratz with 100% mod copmletion!
Thanks ;)
Kirill wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:12 am
ene wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:25 pm * lacks some very great fights/ambushes - I play on 'normal', but still, except few situations, the opponents are a bit too gentle to me (nothing really serious.. except the ancient evil boss that is :mrgreen: that guy (and his friends) is something else :mrgreen: How does he do btw )
Playing on Normal is missing all the fun. For both LoG2 and almost all mods normal is too easy.

Do not let word "Normal" fool you, for this game normal is very easy. And hard is normal difficulty.
I still think normal mode can lead to difficult situations - take thorum manor for example (log1), i played on normal, and i mean
the balance is just fine there: quite lot of ambushes are not so easy to deal with, priests (in the latters levels) are powerful
enough, i mean the fun is there, there's no need (for me at least) to add the hard mode

That said (overall) you have a point, it's true that once you are used to the mechanics of the game (plus being a veteran player), very few mods bring interesting challenges on 'normal'

more on the mod anyway..

which secret/puzzle does this note (in the pyramid) refers to ?

* Still don't know why 'Why this passage exist'.. (all secrets found and I didn't had to use it).. why is it there then ? :?

cleaning the roofs ? :D

I doubt (above) is intentional ? It happens when the magic stone is in the 'Guess why' passage - when you activate the flute at the top of the ladder nearby
It's because i tried very hard to find a solution here :lol: and then I suddenly found myself painting the roofs :D :lol:

ah yes.. wanted to add, thanks for using the Darkness spell - as a keyrole of a riddle i mean (in the pyramid) - it's clever and it's well made.. i always thought it was a shame it had no use.. till now that is.. so thanks for that ;)
(I have no clue what hint/note tells you to use darkness though) ?

ah yes, can you cook the Rotten Grimcap Roll ?
ene

Post by ene »

Nobody can help with this one ? What does it mean ?

And how are you supposed to know that you have to cast darkness for the button in the pyramid ?

it's for my guide.chm.. :D these 2 entries are still blanks :|
FreddieFly

Post by FreddieFly »

Can anyone explain how to get to the South East side of Misty Swamps?. I am guessing it may have something to do with the 'Main road bridge watcher', but I'm stumped!
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Use power orb (power shard? glowing thing, forgot name)
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

Mod updated to version 2.4.

- Fixed few rare soft lock situations.
- Few known bugs smashed.
- Some visual improvements.
- Added 6 new secrets and few clues for old ones.
- Added 2 new items and 1 item set.
- Some pyramid fights are a bit easier now.
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

Thanks a lot for updating the mod.