[New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
hansbleeb

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by hansbleeb »

i ve got him the boss!!! after 60 hours.. the broken lever was only for the healing chrystal
nice part the last tomb levels!!! the whole game was a great adventure.. .. thanks for it
if you made version 1,3 bug free you can call this mod legend of grimrock 3 !! ( i hope for a grimrock 4 from the official developpers, but this mod is (and some other mods) are better then the original.
i fouynd only 37 / 71 secrets but i had so much items found that i have made a special item drop place (around the healing chrystal in the twigroot grove) i see some unexplored corners in some maps ?? the middle part of the graveyard, the southwest of the western shore, the north east of the rugged dunes, the north west of the catacombs the south of the forsaken temple the middlepart of the swampgrotto, the east of the beach cavern and the south east of the prison complex
some puzzles i missed (for to do later?) the flute melody in the rugged dunes, the south west of the frozen lake, a locked metal door in the swamp grotto, a place in the tomb when i jumped in a pit in the flowing sands i can get out anymore, western shore end of the line? the vault in the crypt (keyhole) the southwest area in the twigroot grove beach cavern big wooden doors
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

hansbleeb wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:05 pm i ve got him the boss!!! after 60 hours.. the broken lever was only for the healing chrystal
nice part the last tomb levels!!! the whole game was a great adventure.. .. thanks for it
if you made version 1,3 bug free you can call this mod legend of grimrock 3 !! ( i hope for a grimrock 4 from the official developpers, but this mod is (and some other mods) are better then the original.
i fouynd only 37 / 71 secrets but i had so much items found that i have made a special item drop place (around the healing chrystal in the twigroot grove) i see some unexplored corners in some maps ?? the middle part of the graveyard, the southwest of the western shore, the north east of the rugged dunes, the north west of the catacombs the south of the forsaken temple the middlepart of the swampgrotto, the east of the beach cavern and the south east of the prison complex
some puzzles i missed (for to do later?) the flute melody in the rugged dunes, the south west of the frozen lake, a locked metal door in the swamp grotto, a place in the tomb when i jumped in a pit in the flowing sands i can get out anymore, western shore end of the line? the vault in the crypt (keyhole) the southwest area in the twigroot grove beach cavern big wooden doors

Hey, glad you enjoyed the mod or rather "total conversion". ;)
1.3 will be a more polished version with a few more bits and pieces, more helpful advice where players ran into trouble or got stuck. Sorry for the inconvenience with the buggy parts so close to the end.

And the location that the recall crystal teleports you into is indeed meant as a storage area.
Right now there are more than 90 secrets, most of which are for the adventurer or tomb raider type to a certain degree. At least they are no must-finds that are essential to proceed. The required puzzles should not have been too difficult.

If you want to take the teleporter back to find more secrets and not leave for good, I can give you some advice which of the areas are simply not accessible, the others are.
You can NOT reach:

-SW of the Western Shore is just decoration (more of a fortified pier in 1.3)
-NW of the catacombs (the Winding Valley crypt entry in the NW leads to the W, 1.3 fills this NW part)
-S of the Forsaken Temple (the "endless tunnel" in the S is the most southern part)
-The Grotto center (only accessible in 1.3, unless killing the spores opens a magic bridge path in 1.2 already)
-The central Grotto iron door is mere decoration (like the doors in the Prison, specifically the one leading to the graveyard area W)
-Flowing Sands has some inaccessible corners, one you get teleported into to further descent)

And again, thanks for playing. Perhaps you want to give it another try with a new party in a later version ;)
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

Hey, nice mod so far, thx for creating it.
Enjoy it very much, esp the many new items. A hint here and there might be helpful !?
In the moment I am totally stuck in the swamp cave, place with the two pressure plates and the door behind which there seems to be a glowing sword !? But I am not able to keep the door open, killed the walking mushrooms and tried to pu all the items I have on the plates without any effect.
At that point I am not able to leave the swamp cave so I can t do anything.
I d really appreciate a strong hint :)
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Hmm
SpoilerShow
When you step on the plate to open the door what else happen. Look around quickly....
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

marten_1992 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:03 pm Hey, nice mod so far, thx for creating it...
I d really appreciate a strong hint :)
Ah, I see... the infamous grotto portal. That one will be much more obvious in 1.3.
You are not the first standing in front of that door which won't stay open and cannot be accessed that way. Maybe you can spot a "backdoor" opening simultaneously, elsewhere...
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

thx for the hints :)
I ll try tonight when I am at home
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

Version 1.3 has just been uploaded to both NexusMods and the Steam Workshop.

Link to changelog:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1574086606
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Excellent news looking forward to testing out a new team.....
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

I am currrently reuploading both versions, a bug trapped the party in a cave of no return. The fixed versions should be up and running already.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

The new class for heavy armor is helpful...
Latest Version 1.3
SpoilerShow
Look at
1.)The swamp -underwater with the pressure plate to the farthest south do not swim down, instead through a rock underwater onto the plate
2.) By the giant snails in the water on the way to the cube the gates are closed, trapped
3.) Swim into Snail Cave the stairs do not allow me to go back to where I swam in, trapped
4.) jumped into the Snail Cave from the area by the cube tried to get out by the stairs, trapped
4.) In twig root forest all the way north underwater the ladder to get out of the water to the north is missing[, it appears after the troll is handled /spoiler]